PDA

View Full Version : installing and flying mod versions of 46

jeffmorgan_947
08-24-2010, 03:01 AM
Hi All. I have installed IL-2 V4.o9m/ULt@pack V2.1,is this sufficient to fly a modded mission download? If so what about maps, when downloaded where are they placed in the game.

I was thinking of downloading "Storm over England" Luftwaffe Me 109e 1940. Cheers JM.

ytareh
08-24-2010, 06:35 AM
More than the most superficial discussion of mods is BARELY tolerated here and specific /links are forbidden .It sound to me like you should be good to go once you 'activate' the correct mods with the JSGME utility included.That is the latest mod install you have .I wouldnt bother trying to install separate maps unless youre rather adept at game modding -or maybe if they come with an installer .If you get it wrong the game will crash .Most/all of the latest maps are already in there.Of course if you just copy ,rename and paste your entire game folder you can experiment away more freely without fear !Enjoy!

jeffmorgan_947
08-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks for that,I was not sure if the mention of the word "Mod" was an infringement of the forums protocol. JM

M_Gunz
08-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Coloring inside the lines thread, the part about mods: (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/3971030057#XIV)

Game Modification Discussion

Members are permitted to discuss in game modifications (mods) for the IL2/ Maddox series on these boards with exception to the following:

Members cannot post direct link to the mods or sites which promote them

Members cannot post requesting advice/ guidance/ instruction on how to use/ implement these mods

Members cannot discuss mods that alter flight, damage or weapons models unless it is within the capacity of warning the community of their existence

I'm not sure what's left besides showing off some of the features, but them's the lines anyway.

ytareh
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I have the utmost respect for both Oleg and the modding community although I know a lot less about the personalities involved in the latter.I USED visit AAA before Super/Ultra /All in One packs made it less interesting to see what individual mod was in the works next ...
I reckon if mods had not come along this game might barely be ticking over now .