PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the "Taunt" Action!

crash3
04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
In combat you press either triangle or Y to taunt a guard, making him supposedly angry so he attacks you rashly

i think this is a very pointless action as surely the guards are gonna attack you anyway and also in ACB it was all about offensive moves for ezio so theres no time to "taunt" as he is constantly attacking people

i beleive the taunt action should be replaced with another combat move instead to add more diversity to combat

who agrees?

Evan52395
04-10-2011, 06:34 AM
I agree, I think it should be removed as well. I never use it, I never see anyone else use it, and there is so much you can add to Ezio with an extra button.

Inorganic9_2
04-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Also, you don't seem to be able to stop using it if the enemy decides to attack you when taunting (maybe you can in Brotherhood though). It's useful for disarming brutes, but perhaps they could just make them easier to disarm?

crash3
04-10-2011, 08:08 AM
i also think the kick action made the combat way too easy too it garanteed a kill no matter how elite the guard was so get rid of the kick action

so thats 2 buttons already freed up to add in some new improved cmbat moves!

ballsackboy
04-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
i also think the kick action made the combat way too easy too it garanteed a kill no matter how elite the guard was so get rid of the kick action

You are way wrong! The kick action is just the thing they needed to add. When you are in a hurry it's best to kick them and kill them fast like it should be in real life. Do you really prefer doing 1 battle for 10 minutes or do 20 battles in 10 minutes?

ChaosxNetwork
04-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I am neutral on this topic, so don't mind weather it stays or not.
But what does matter is what the next AC is based on, as I agree with you that it is pointless in Brotherhood as Ezio took the offensive, but in AC3 the main Assassin or Assassin's as a whole may be back on the defensive if you see my point.
But I do like the idea of a new feature for diversity, but in my opinion, if Y or the Triangle button is replaced the new feature must be to do with the Head or upper body to maintain the "Puppetering Concept"

Ureh
04-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Taunting became more useful in ACB with the improvement (now you can taunt then quickly block or move). And I suppose it still suits Ezio due to his personality.

But I agree that it could be replaced with something even more satisfying and useful if they can think of it.

Something I was more concerned with is that it's much easier to counter (most notably the hidden blade). They need to revert the difficulty so that timing is more crucial again.

Noble6
04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
But what does matter is what the next AC is based on, as I agree with you that it is pointless in Brotherhood as Ezio took the offensive, but in AC3 the main Assassin or Assassin's as a whole may be back on the defensive if you see my point.

Yeah,I think inn AC3s fighting should be much more difficult and it would encourage a player use more stealth. But then we need new stealth abilities...

But on-topic taunt is pointless http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

DylanJosh9
04-10-2011, 11:51 AM
The thing is, they have to replace it with something related to Ezio's head or upper body, since they're still following the Pupettering (sp?) control system where the face buttons correspond to body parts

Turkiye96
04-10-2011, 12:50 PM
man i really liked the taunt move, especially since they make some funny insults and when your really good, i can just mess around with them :P and insult them hehehe
but yea a new fighting move would be really cool :P but remember it has to be something with your head so im not sure what they could do with that... :/

Black_Widow9
04-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Please make sure you post your Feedback here-
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Game and DLC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3131006519)

ACisamazing
04-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I agree, I never use it and it'd be cool to add some more combat moves

crash3
04-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ballsackboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

You are way wrong! The kick action is just the thing they needed to add. When you are in a hurry it's best to kick them and kill them fast like it should be in real life. Do you really prefer doing 1 battle for 10 minutes or do 20 battles in 10 minutes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

probably one battle in ten minutes as it can add more skill to the guards and lets be realistic here-ezio was an invincible killing machine-we're supposed to play as stealthy assassins

it would be so much better to have say a maximum of 5 guards on you and you have a very challenging fight that is extremely satisfying to win-EASY=BORING!

if AC3 is set in 1789 paris then the sword fighting style at the time is very fancy gentleman like-its the time where upper class gentlemen duel each other

imagine an assassin disguised as a gentleman duelling a templar gentleman-there would have to be some reall fancy parrying moves/defensive moves before fighting back offensively

timing needs to be more crucial in combat in AC3

LadyGahan2010
04-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Seriously? Remove taunt? Why? It makes the guard attack quicker, I like it, and then it's funny too.

UrDeviant1
04-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Id gladly see this 'taunt' replaced. I like the idea of being able to use something to pull a guard closer to you, maybe a stainless chain rope you could lassoo around an arm or a leg to bring them to the ground and could even encorprate some cool execution moves with it.

crash3
04-12-2011, 01:06 PM
some people have said that the triangle ot Y button is used for head movemoents (puppet idea) maybe the Taunt action could be replaced with a ducking action-the assassin ducks-the guard loses balance from misssing the assassin-the assassin moves in to attack