PDA

View Full Version : DGEN beta 3125 questions

Acme70
12-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Were there any changes to the AI planes in the new DGEN beta 3125, I noticed that on the Hawaii map for the Japanese instead of B5N Kate bombers there were bomb carrying Zeros attacking Pearl Harbor & SBD3 Dauntless dive bombers defending Midway instead of Wildcats & Buffalos.

Acme70
12-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Were there any changes to the AI planes in the new DGEN beta 3125, I noticed that on the Hawaii map for the Japanese instead of B5N Kate bombers there were bomb carrying Zeros attacking Pearl Harbor & SBD3 Dauntless dive bombers defending Midway instead of Wildcats & Buffalos.

DuxCorvan
12-11-2004, 06:56 AM
3125 questions!

Now there are 3124 left! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I have not tested that yet. I must.

mortoma
12-11-2004, 08:11 AM
If you follow that thread at SimHQ, about the new beta, you'll see that in fact they are up to Beta 3131 already!! Did you try any of the newer ones yet? Besides, Kates could and did carry bombs, although most of the kates carried torps.
I'm sure Vals are the ones that dropped most of the bombs. But Kates could carry either easily. Also Zeros could carry small bombs and probably did at Pearl. After all, since they were counting on, and did in fact acheive surprise, it would only be intelligent for the fighters to carry bombs at Pearl. They could cause a lot of destruction if they encountered no fighters on the way to target and if they did, they could always drop the bombs prematurely. But if any US fighters got in the air, the Zeros would have already dropped their bombs by then most likely. And as it turned out, only two or three US fighters got in the air at Pearl. And I'm sure the Zeros had already dropped on target by that time. I'm not absolutley sure about any of that, as I'm no expert on Pearl Harbor.

As far as SBDs at Midway being used as fighters, that sounds weird.