PDA

View Full Version : Why Punish me?

StarScream391
01-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Well I know most of us experienced this but everytime your first in Wanted your always sent to your death sentence, Yesterday I had a 2000 point lead because of poison and now four people after me?! WHYYYYYYY.....

EscoBlades
01-21-2011, 06:47 AM
That's your opportunity to get defensive. Its game balance. It works.

WIDOMKR383
01-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Because I was the Guy you just poisonedhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Plus it gives people like me who do nothing but struggle the rest of the match to catch up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Techwood2177
01-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:

I agree. Leads should be hard to maintain yet it is possible and broadens the experience. I suggest you view some of the videos by Shenmue and Rainie to gain tips. They helped my game a lot.

StarScream391
01-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by SamuraiCasanova:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

I agree. Leads should be hard to maintain yet it is possible and broadens the experience. I suggest you view some of the videos by Shenmue and Rainie to gain tips. They helped my game a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like there styles I think its just a waste, I mean use two abilities to stun 1 person? I remember Rainie popped smoke and I wasnt in range so she used mute on me and got stunned which was ********.

EscoBlades
01-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by StarScream391:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SamuraiCasanova:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

I agree. Leads should be hard to maintain yet it is possible and broadens the experience. I suggest you view some of the videos by Shenmue and Rainie to gain tips. They helped my game a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like there styles I think its just a waste, I mean use two abilities to stun 1 person? I remember Rainie popped smoke and I wasnt in range so she used mute on me and got stunned which was ********. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rarely use 2 abilities at once to stun someone. They'd have to be an extremely cautious and good player to force me to use both Mute and Smoke just to get 200 points.

But it happens. And if situation dictates it, i weigh up my options and use them.

Crumplecorn
01-21-2011, 07:58 AM
It is somewhat like rubber band AI, which I dislike, yet I kind of like it.

DeanOMiite
01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't have times where I have three pursuers for like three straight minutes. I do think you should get more pursuers if you're leading....but never four at a time in Wanted...that means that more than half of the game is after you, considering that there are only 7 players besides you. That's a little outrageous. It just seems like...nobody is after anybody else because you've got four pursuers and your target...when you count yourself, that's SIX of eight players accounted for, meaning only two players are doing something that doesn't involve you...which says to me that EITHER the second place guy doesn't have any handcuffs on him (which makes being in first too unfair) OR it means that most of the game doesn't have any pursuers at all, which also isn't fair.

SO yeah...I don't think you should have four pursuers. Three I can tolerate. I would prefer no more than two.

Rainie
01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
I rarely use 2 abilities at once to stun someone. They'd have to be an extremely cautious and good player to force me to use both Mute and Smoke just to get 200 points.

But it happens. And if situation dictates it, i weigh up my options and use them.
What he said. I rarely have to use 2 abilities at once but it's happened a couple of times when I've misjudged the distance between me and my pursuer. If you don't like my style then that's fine, I'm not a fan of yours either (I don't remember seeing you on the ground for more than 10 seconds at a time). It works for me and that's what matters, and at least I don't consider having 4 pursuers a punishment, it makes things more fun and tests your ability to stay alive

GAOStarr
01-21-2011, 08:19 AM
It also forces you to be more stealthy.

At the beginning of the match (in Wanted), everyone is running around because we are all (supposed to be) evenly spaced from one another. Also, we only have one pursuer on us. A good player might run around with only one pursuer on them, but they will slow down, blend, and hide when they have 3-4 pursuers.

I usually take an early lead because of Poison.

Once I have multiple pursuers on me, I keep my Smoke ready, but I also keep my Poison ready. I use Smoke to protect myself, and I use stealth to move into my next Poison kill without being killed by a pursuer.

Another tactic (that I simply find enjoyable) is to gain a considerable lead and then switch over to my Profile with Morph and Disguise. I stay in or near a Morphed group to make it difficult for my pursuers. Then when I go for a kill, I'll Disguise myself first. My pursuers take a few seconds to catch on, I get the Hidden Bonus, and I rarely get killed.

I like that the person with the lead is usually forced into either using stealthy tactics, or losing their lead.

Steelbadger
01-21-2011, 08:21 AM
The more pursuers the better. For every pursuer you have it becomes easier to lure your own target to you and makes it easier to dictate the pace of the round.

Of course you have to survive the attacks of the 4 pursuers before you can capitalise but, hey, it makes life interesting.

DeanOMiite
01-21-2011, 08:34 AM

I don't like there styles I think its just a waste, I mean use two abilities to stun 1 person? I remember Rainie popped smoke and I wasnt in range so she used mute on me and got stunned which was ********.

I don't think either of them TRY to use two abilities to stun one person, nobody thinks that's a good strategy. And in your example, it sounds like you didn't execute your smoke properly while Rainie did use her mute properly and she won the confrontation. Sometimes it's not about strategy and style, but execution alone, ya know?

Malex McBlat
01-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I have been forced to use 2 abilities as the same time to make a stun. I agree that it is not an ideal use of abilities, but consider the following scenario:

You have a healthy lead (1500+ points with >2:00 and have already racked up 5 to 7 stuns. You have Reset Cooldowns as your 3 Loss streak and have been killed twice already. You see a pursuer that you have already stunned twice before. You are expecting a counter Smoke/Mute, maybe they already tried it on you the last time you tried to stun them.

I in that situation will occasionally run directly at my pursuer, throw my Mute to force them to counter, then throw my smoke. (A Counter-COUNTER Mute/Smoke) It has worked every time at this point. If you get killed by the next pursuer, Reset Cooldowns and play some more defense.

WIDOMKR383
01-21-2011, 09:02 AM
To the OP what do you think would be fair? You state that you clearly do not like defense, so in your opinion what would make it even the playing field? Match you up with the player that is just behind you in points (I.E. if your first the game puts second or third place as your target?).

MrGerbz
01-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Because you've been naughty.

RunnerGroucho
01-21-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't mind this (it only makes sense). Although it was a bit annoying the time I was in 7th place and assigned two pursuers. Talk about adding insult to injury!

Then again, I went on to win the round, so maybe the game knew something I didn't.

Techwood2177
01-21-2011, 09:23 AM
I've had three perusers in sixth/seventh and eighth before which annoyed me each time (not same match). Yet each of these times I was able to draw the whole game to me and quickly rose through the ranks to sit comfortably on the podium. It was less annoying once I realized this.

Zan-sam
01-21-2011, 09:59 AM
It all depends on how you look at it. I can be viewed as a punishment, but in other ways it's an advantage. When you have 4 pursuers, you can directly prevent half of the field from getting points (save stuns/escapes) the longer you stay alive. Not to mention only one of those 4 is going to get the kill and the other three leave empty handed, making it even harder for them to come back the longer you stay alive.

utriej
01-21-2011, 10:04 AM
I personally play better when in the lead and 2-3 pursuers. My very best game scores in wanted are when I've had that on me. You just have to adjust your playstyle when in the lead.

What i think REALLY sucks, is when you're in 4th and have 2-3 pursuers, and the leader is up by 1-3k. (though that is a rare occasion)

Rainie
01-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Zan-sam:
When you have 4 pursuers, you can directly prevent half of the field from getting points (save stuns/escapes) the longer you stay alive. Not to mention only one of those 4 is going to get the kill and the other three leave empty handed, making it even harder for them to come back the longer you stay alive.
Ohh I like that perspective, never thought of it that way http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

SleezeRocker
01-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Well I know most of us experienced this everytime your first in Wanted your always sent to your death sentence.
^ YEah of course we've expereinced this, cuz..you're 1st place...so the goal is...take out the Top contender?

Now four people after me?! WHYYYYYY?!?!?!
^ Because you are in first place, that is why I must Assassinate you!
*I believe this comment deserves over 100 Likes :P*

Auditorexxx
01-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Well I know most of us experienced this but everytime your first in Wanted your always sent to your death sentence, Yesterday I had a 2000 point lead because of poison and now four people after me?! WHYYYYYYY.....

This is why this game has soo much value to it. You always gotta be on your guard.