PDA

View Full Version : Detection meter of the guards should be removed...

johnnyhayek
10-03-2011, 07:37 AM
One of the things that disappointed me in AC2 and ACB is the guards' detection meter. It just made the game a lot easier than it should be. I find there is much more suspense and difficulty if it is not included and gives a much better sense of accomplishment. In AC1, I was always paying attention a lot during assassinations because you never knew when a guard would decide to detect you. I know ACR has this meter, but there should be an option to remove it. However, on the bright side, many of the missions where you shouldn't be detected would 've been a lot harder without it.

What's you opinion on the matter?

dxsxhxcx
10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
you knew when the guards were about to go after you in AC1 (when the yellow sign turns to red), you just didn't know exactly when they would do this (attack you after the yellow sign turns red), but I agree with you, in AC1 this feature was better, another thing that bothers me is after we start a killstreak we are able to predict the future and know which guard will attack us, IMO they should even remove the guards health bar above their heads...

Dagio12
10-03-2011, 09:37 AM
While in game, just hit start, go to the hud options... U can turn all that stuff off..

Blind2Society
10-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Using high profile actions while they were suspicious caused gaurds to pursue you. It wasn't just random.

AllYouCanBees
10-03-2011, 09:54 AM
SF2 is right. You can just go to the HUD and turn it off if you don't like it. Of course, it's still obvious when they're watching you. They turn their whole head or body and stare. Not very subtle.

johnnyhayek
10-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
you knew when the guards were about to go after you in AC1 (when the yellow sign turns to red), you just didn't know exactly when they would do this (attack you after the yellow sign turns red), but I agree with you, in AC1 this feature was better, another thing that bothers me is after we start a killstreak we are able to predict the future and know which guard will attack us, IMO they should even remove the guards health bar above their heads...

Yes that as well.

I know in AC1 there was that yellow light in the corner, but you never knew when it would turn red at least.

SleezeRocker
10-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Options>HUD>SSI-Disable

A presto!

InfectedNation
10-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Turning the SSI off in the option menu was the greatest thing I ever did <3

Blind2Society
10-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes you did. It turned red when you did certain things. Bumping into a guard, causing a jar carrier to drop their jar, getting pushed by a drunkar and especially using high profile when they are suspicious. Though I believe it's not just high profile. You can jog by them (using R1 or xbox/pc equivalent) but as soon as you hit sprint, they will come after you.

As I said before, it's not random.

blazefp
10-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Imo guards should detect us the way they did in AC1, as the OP says, it made me be aware of them, made me plan my moves before I went for a kill and that was awesomely cool.I really liked it.
Now I don't need to think before I kill, I just kill, and if I want to run (only if I want because it's extremely easy to kill an entire army of guards) I don't need to watch my back cuz I have a red light pointing to the guards that are pursuing me and I can break lines of sight waaaayyyy easier.

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Guards shouldn't need a cheap detection system to be difficult. They should just be better at chasing, and take longer to give up and search faster and longer after it's over.

Dieinthedark
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I know what the OP means by this. But here's my point: options are good regardless but seriously, if i had to pick one option it would be to switch Altair back to his non-accented voice.

And don't flame about his voice. Here are my thoughts if you want to read them go for it! (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7871005249?r=4191091649#4191091649) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
Imo guards should detect us the way they did in AC1, as the OP says, it made me be aware of them, made me plan my moves before I went for a kill and that was awesomely cool.I really liked it.
Now I don't need to think before I kill, I just kill, and if I want to run (only if I want because it's extremely easy to kill an entire army of guards) I don't need to watch my back cuz I have a red light pointing to the guards that are pursuing me and I can break lines of sight waaaayyyy easier.

Actually I think they put those little markers to replace the Chase camera.

Sarari
10-03-2011, 05:35 PM
I think they should permanently remove the detection bar and keep it as it was in AC1, also the health bar for the guards and the bar that tells you who's gonna attack next. And how guards slouch when they're tired.

Also, AC1 had the feeling that you were actually in the animus.

naran6142
10-03-2011, 08:24 PM
if guards spot u then they should investigate you

it just takes them to long

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 08:47 PM
To be honest, combat in ACB was too easy with the killstreaks thing. Get one kill and you set off a chain. They should really fix the combat features and make it harder, not sure how but I always felt it was too easy and repetitive.

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by dylandidiano:
To be honest, combat in ACB was too easy with the killstreaks thing. Get one kill and you set off a chain. They should really fix the combat features and make it harder, not sure how but I always felt it was too easy and repetitive.
We've all wanted to have harder combat, and they know we want it.

But Brotherhood combat has its charms, and if the stars allign, you can be given a really interesting and challenging fight by some enemies.

blazefp
10-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

Actually I think they put those little markers to replace the Chase camera. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can be true, but the camera could only be used when they were really close and also made it harder to control Alta´r

naran6142
10-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by dylandidiano:

in the new trailer it looks like the elite guards will be able to block...

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dylandidiano:

in the new trailer it looks like the elite guards will be able to block... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you watched carefully, that's just part of a counter/execution where he kills them with the hidden blade while they're in a deadlock.

Anyways, Ubigabe has said that they're doing some things to make the combat more challenging, but we'll have to wait and see what those changes are.

naran6142
10-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dylandidiano:
in the new trailer it looks like the elite guards will be able to block... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you watched carefully, that's just part of a counter/execution where he kills them with the hidden blade while they're in a deadlock.

Anyways, Ubigabe has said that they're doing some things to make the combat more challenging, but we'll have to wait and see what those changes are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya you might be right, i thought it looked like ezio used the hidden blade as a secondary to kill him

tho im sure guards will block or deflect move in ACR as it was kinda in ACB

either way that trailer got me hyped for ACR to come out

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Also, AC1 had the feeling that you were actually in the animus.

I think your just making stuff up now...

NewBlade200
10-05-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

Anyways, Ubigabe has said that they're doing some things to make the combat more challenging, but we'll have to wait and see what those changes are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I believe they said the same thing about ACB and said they were making the guards more aggressive to accomplish it. They made them more aggressive and gave them new tricks, but it didn't matter because for every 1 that attacked 2 were insta killed. Unless they make it so that guards can parry the attacks (or at least not die) then it will be the same.

Toxotes47
10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
One feature I would like to see, when Ezio disarms a guard and takes his weapon, then when Ezio goes to attack that unarmed guard, he disarms Ezio in return and takes back the weapon. Asking too much eh?

crash3
10-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Taxotes319:
One feature I would like to see, when Ezio disarms a guard and takes his weapon, then when Ezio goes to attack that unarmed guard, he disarms Ezio in return and takes back the weapon. Asking too much eh?

It isnt asking too much, I agree with your point, I also agree with the topic in discussion, detection meters are one of many features that make the game too easy and predictable, the way detection worked in AC1 was much better as many guards attacked you on sight no matter how elite they were