PDA

View Full Version : Object Visability Distance Help

AAA_Lt.Wolf
11-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi, can you guys help me with this one?
situation: bombing at 25000ft and i can only see the target (runway,buildings and bridges)until i am almost on top of it.

is it possible to adjust the confi.ini so that i can see an airfield 5km away? Appreciate the help

AAA_Lt.Wolf
11-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi, can you guys help me with this one?
situation: bombing at 25000ft and i can only see the target (runway,buildings and bridges)until i am almost on top of it.

is it possible to adjust the confi.ini so that i can see an airfield 5km away? Appreciate the help

gdfo
11-03-2007, 04:40 AM
I guess no one knows the answer?

Are you using a bombsight?

I know many rigs do not render ground features as fast as others.

FritzGryphon
11-03-2007, 06:54 PM
There are no visibility distance options in the conf.ini.

If your graphics options are maxed out, that is as far as the visibility distance gets. It seems to be a common problem when bombing.

The only thing you can do is try and estimate where your target is before it appears. If that doesn't work, then you may have to fly lower.

In many user created missions, a camera is placed in the target area so you can peek at it with the external camera.

AAA_Lt.Wolf
11-03-2007, 09:25 PM
thanks guys, I was in a B-29 at 34000ft had to be directly above target to see them, no matter how much planning u do and accuracy you need to correct course for a correct target