PDA

View Full Version : About the Ships Red Anti Fouling A Maritime Artist View

Flydutch
05-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Ok this was posted to olegs ready room but it belongs here even better:

Serious, i am refering to the red anti fouling bottoms of the ships shown in PF previeuws.
I am a Maritime artist and i can asure you that only when a ship is ashore (Dry) and painted this colour will actualy look red as soon as the paint touches water it looks dark brown and because of the bottom sloping inward away from the sun that will be broken by the water anyway (only Bright yellow will show its color even on deep surface)so in the end especialy with these gigantic Cariers the color will be Black-Green Black-Blue depending on the water colour!

Only scale models feauture these bright red bottoms because they look good!
Kees.

Flydutch
05-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Ok this was posted to olegs ready room but it belongs here even better:

Serious, i am refering to the red anti fouling bottoms of the ships shown in PF previeuws.
I am a Maritime artist and i can asure you that only when a ship is ashore (Dry) and painted this colour will actualy look red as soon as the paint touches water it looks dark brown and because of the bottom sloping inward away from the sun that will be broken by the water anyway (only Bright yellow will show its color even on deep surface)so in the end especialy with these gigantic Cariers the color will be Black-Green Black-Blue depending on the water colour!

Only scale models feauture these bright red bottoms because they look good!
Kees.