PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Western European Theatre campaigns.

GatorSub1942
08-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Can anyone give me links to some good Western European Theatre dynamic campaigns?

I'd also like to apologise to those who make static campaigns, I didn't mean to insult you in any shape or form. I just prefer dynamic campaigns, I suppose it's because there weren't really that many of them around when I was younger. I'm prepared to give static ones a go as well, as long as they involve the Western European theatre.

Also, I thought there were Spitfires in IL2 1946? I can't find any.

b2spirita
08-31-2008, 03:26 PM
The spits are there, plently of em....

Also i dont know if you have these links already but flying legends and mission4today are the best sources of all things il2 related.

Skycat_2
08-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Send for Battle Over Europe sold by Justflight.com and maybe GoGamer.com. It is an old dynamic campaign add-on but it was specifically created to add Western Europe campaigns to the FB series. Since it was the first project by the development team that later spearheaded Pacific Fighters and created the Pe-2, '46 and Sturmoviks Over Manchuria addons, you can say that BoE is the missing part of the official Forgotten Battles canon.

After you install BoE, add the patches by Enjoyr. These are available at Mission4Today. The patches include the official and underground udates for BoE but also have dozens of user-made dynamic campaigns by community authors. (See my 'updating 1946' link in my sig for a lead to the Enjoyr downloads.)

Edit: Here is the link to the correct Enjoyr patches if you have BoE but not the Ostfront or The Last Days addons: link (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2167)