PDA

View Full Version : Guided Missle

Backdraft57
04-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Sorry, can't search for this but went back four pages looking for an answer. The German X4 missle (i think anyway) was radio controlled. I have tried everything I can think of to figure out how to guide it. I try shift f1, f2 etc. Is there a way to guide it? If so what are the key strokes? Thanks much for any information anyone has found. BD

Backdraft57
04-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Sorry, can't search for this but went back four pages looking for an answer. The German X4 missle (i think anyway) was radio controlled. I have tried everything I can think of to figure out how to guide it. I try shift f1, f2 etc. Is there a way to guide it? If so what are the key strokes? Thanks much for any information anyone has found. BD

Zeus-cat
04-01-2007, 09:32 PM
It is explained in the readme file. Use the arrow keys. Mine are just beneath the Page Up, Page Down keys.

Zeus-cat
04-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Oops, forgot to mention that the readme is incorrect (if I recall what it said correctly); if you launch more than one at a time, the FIRST missile launched is the only one controllable with the arrow keys. I believe the readme says it is the LAST once launched. Once the missile explodes you can launch and control another missile.

Backdraft57
04-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks Zeus. I never read the "read me" as it seems it is always just a bunch of junk. Guess I should start. THanks again. Lots of good stuff in this read me. You also need to assign the keys. I did as you suggested and used the arrow keys. Increase sight attitude, etc. Thanks again.

dbillo
04-02-2007, 07:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Backdraft57:
The German X4 missle (i think anyway) was radio controlled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My understanding is that it is wire guided, although the wire isn't modeled.

Backdraft57
04-02-2007, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dbillo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Backdraft57:
The German X4 missile (i think anyway) was radio controlled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My understanding is that it is wire guided, although the wire isn't modeled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct wire guided: http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/x4.htm

I must have been thinking of another missile. I do seem to recall seeing something on the History Channel where someone was at a radio control guiding a missile from a HE111.