PDA

View Full Version : random skill

kptltU-1312
05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
hi there everyone

ive been away for a very long time, so sorry if thishas already been discussed. but for a mod idea how about introducing the element of random chance in an AI opponents skill.

eg: you may come up against a brilliant ace, or a raw novice. in a given flight a simple bell curve of skill (if true aces are relatively rare) should account for who you may meet on a given day?

i believe as it is now, if you select expert, then all opposing fighter pilots and air gunners are brilliant.

food for thought. what do you think?

kptltU-1312
05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
hi there everyone

ive been away for a very long time, so sorry if thishas already been discussed. but for a mod idea how about introducing the element of random chance in an AI opponents skill.

eg: you may come up against a brilliant ace, or a raw novice. in a given flight a simple bell curve of skill (if true aces are relatively rare) should account for who you may meet on a given day?

i believe as it is now, if you select expert, then all opposing fighter pilots and air gunners are brilliant.

food for thought. what do you think?

VW-IceFire
05-12-2007, 10:11 PM
I take it you mean in the dynamic campaigns? I'm not sure if setting it on medium is just a percentage or if everything is set to a certain level.

I know in my custom campaigns I do tend to work through rookie, regular, veteran, and ace AI levels with ace showing up once or twice a campaign or so and veterans being somewhat common as flight leaders and so forth. I think its better when every AI plane you come across is a mix of newbies and veterans...especially depending on the scenario. For instance my Setting Sun campaign where the Japanese are up against the Americans over Kyushu...most American pilots are Regular or Veteran and no Rookies (they were all well trained at this point) but with Storm Clouds I tended to make the gap wider as there were still many experienced Luftwaffe pilots but allot of rookies too. So there were allot of rookie and veterans and not so many regulars.

Dynamic campaigns should do this too...not sure if they do.

Nimits
05-13-2007, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kptltU-1312:
hi there everyone

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are talking about DGen, then it already does that; depending on campaign and year, there is a certain chance for generating a Ace, Veteran, etc. squadron.

In DCG, each squadron has skill setting that is further randomized for each individual pilot.