PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's Importance (Story Spoilers Concerning Desmond)

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Okay, so what happened to the revelations concerning Desmond and his family history as well as well, anything enw about the character? I fee like there is nothing to Desmond that makes him unique. Anyone could take his place and nobody would care. I think the same can be said for how Ubisoft cares about him. We learn nothing new through Desmond's Sequences. Actually, the best part was the music for sequence 4 and the weird platforming parts. We learned the most about Desmond in AC1 and haven't learned anything new since.

Look on the back of any major assassin's creed game case. It's sold as an adventure of Ezio or Altair. Revelations showed both of them, but it's never billed as Desmond playing as them. He doesn't matter.

Because Desmond lacks any gameplay anywhere near as comparable to the "real" assassins, he doesn't get any of the fame they get.

That's why I think Desmond should at least get 1/5 of the game to himself.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Shaunzy95
11-20-2011, 04:22 AM
It would have been cool if they told us something new about Desmond, but they're saving all that for AC3. Reelations was based on Ezio and Altair, showing he end of their stories. I'm pretty sure everything about Desmond, and more, will be explained next year.

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Shaunzy95:
It would have been cool if they told us something new about Desmond, but they're saving all that for AC3. Reelations was based on Ezio and Altair, showing he end of their stories. I'm pretty sure everything about Desmond, and more, will be explained next year.

I hope so, but Revelations was actually advertised with Desmond's back story in videos, magazines and interviews. Revelations was supposed to clear up Desmond's backstory so we could completely move forward.

Assassin_M
11-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaunzy95:

I hope so, but Revelations was actually advertised with Desmond's back story in videos, magazines and interviews. Revelations was supposed to clear up Desmond's backstory so we could completely move forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and that is Exactly what Revelations did.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaunzy95:

I hope so, but Revelations was actually advertised with Desmond's back story in videos, magazines and interviews. Revelations was supposed to clear up Desmond's backstory so we could completely move forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and that is Exactly what Revelations did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly.

DoomsDay351991
11-20-2011, 08:42 AM
If you do the Desmond's Mission on Animus Island, you find out so much more about his history, like where he grew up. (SPOILER: the Black Hills of South Dakota ^_^v) It also tells you things about him leaving The Farm and where he went. (Illinois) and where he went next (New York) and even what bar he worked at. (I forgot the name, but i rememeber he made up a drink called a Shirley Templar. lol)