PDA

View Full Version : Book presentation at Duxford Flying Legends 2009

Thijs_L
07-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Hello all!

The Duxford Flying Legends airshow will host next to all the great planes that will be in the air the upcoming weekend there will be a great book presentation too!
The book about one of the most famous German pilots will be presented at the show, about the 206 kill ace Walter Schuck.

The book has been published in German before and because of the very good reactions to this very nicely written book with a lot of interesting and very personal stories the book will be published in English too now.
In the book Schuck tells about his training, his time with Jagdgeschwader 5 where he scored so many victories but also lost his best friend.
Walter Schuck scored 206 kills in total. Scoring 198 on the most northern part of the Eastern Front where he flew with Jagdgeschwader 5: The famous “Eismeer” Geschwader.
Walter Schuck flew Bf 109 E, F and G on this front. He was awarded the Oak Leaves to the Knightscross. He managed to shoot down 14 aircraft in 24 hours on the 17th and 18th of June 1944!
He also tells about the loss of the battleship Tirpitz which was a great loss for the Germans and how one of the pilots of JG5 had to take the blame for it. The book also gives very interesting stories about Schuck’s time flying the Me 262. In the early 1945 Schuck was transferred to Jagdgeschwader 7 where he flew the Messerschmitt Me 262. With this aircraft he shot down 8 aircraft. Including 4 of the 10th of April 1945. This 10th of April 1945 mission in which he shot down 4 B-17’s but was also shot down himself by the American P-51 pilot Joe Peterburs. Peterburs in turn was shot down only minutes later when his plane was heavily damaged by Flak and he had to bail out and was also take POW by the Germans!
Some 60 years after this memorable day Joe Peterburs and Walter Schuck met in California and are good friends now.

Walter Schuck’s book “Luftwaffe Eagle: 206 Combat Victories In The Me 109 and Me 262” will be sold at a stand at the Duxford Flying Legends 2009. A limited number of signed bookplates signed by Walter Schuck will be available too there.

Thijs_L
07-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Hello all!

The Duxford Flying Legends airshow will host next to all the great planes that will be in the air the upcoming weekend there will be a great book presentation too!
The book about one of the most famous German pilots will be presented at the show, about the 206 kill ace Walter Schuck.

The book has been published in German before and because of the very good reactions to this very nicely written book with a lot of interesting and very personal stories the book will be published in English too now.
In the book Schuck tells about his training, his time with Jagdgeschwader 5 where he scored so many victories but also lost his best friend.
Walter Schuck scored 206 kills in total. Scoring 198 on the most northern part of the Eastern Front where he flew with Jagdgeschwader 5: The famous “Eismeer” Geschwader.
Walter Schuck flew Bf 109 E, F and G on this front. He was awarded the Oak Leaves to the Knightscross. He managed to shoot down 14 aircraft in 24 hours on the 17th and 18th of June 1944!
He also tells about the loss of the battleship Tirpitz which was a great loss for the Germans and how one of the pilots of JG5 had to take the blame for it. The book also gives very interesting stories about Schuck’s time flying the Me 262. In the early 1945 Schuck was transferred to Jagdgeschwader 7 where he flew the Messerschmitt Me 262. With this aircraft he shot down 8 aircraft. Including 4 of the 10th of April 1945. This 10th of April 1945 mission in which he shot down 4 B-17’s but was also shot down himself by the American P-51 pilot Joe Peterburs. Peterburs in turn was shot down only minutes later when his plane was heavily damaged by Flak and he had to bail out and was also take POW by the Germans!
Some 60 years after this memorable day Joe Peterburs and Walter Schuck met in California and are good friends now.

Walter Schuck’s book “Luftwaffe Eagle: 206 Combat Victories In The Me 109 and Me 262” will be sold at a stand at the Duxford Flying Legends 2009. A limited number of signed bookplates signed by Walter Schuck will be available too there.

CUJO_1970
07-08-2009, 06:41 AM
I wonder if there is any way to get this book in English in the US?