PDA

View Full Version : Any community ideas?

Voltige2011
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Basically its a thread to save Ubisoft the time of thinking of things that people will complain about and instead just copy community ideas. In ACR we have at least 3 new systems and people are complaining about one of them.

My idea is called the blacksmith system. Basically you have the option to either buy or make armor.
There are so many hidden blade mods,hidden gun, bolt, dart, hook, poison, foot-blade, and I'm pretty sure I saw something like a hidden stun gun on wikia. How about a system where you actually make the blade yourself. You get a basic hiddenblade-like mechanism, just a blade and a trigger, then as the story goes on you learn to make more mods to it, but you only get to add a certain amount. You can't have everything since only Grand Masters can have everything.
You can get a plating for you blade after you do your first assassination, get a hookblade later on,etc. Eventually the character can even change the mechanics, get a foot-blade, Il lupo's switchblade, or even a Templar standard.

Another idea is you can carry your own personal weapon outside your clothes, that weapon gets its own sheathe and can be upgraded and repaired. You can still get other weapons on the floor though, but the weapon you have can only be removed at an assassin bureau/tower/den.

Armor is made from upgrades to basic storebought things, the key concept is to suit a play style.
You can have as much defense as you want, but it would make you move slower. If the player wants to play stealthy they can even use the basic leather armor if they want, it doesn't make as much noise when you move, doesn't weigh you down, lets you move faster, but it doesn't let you survive as much battle damage, and is more likely to be ripped off entirely when it takes too much of a beating.

Basically to sum it all up for people who don't like reading, you are an assassin of your choice, you can still dye your robes, you have any kind of armor, and you can keep a weapon of your choice(Altair's short and long blades, shao jun's sword, and Ezio's crossbow), reinforce you r hidden blade so if can be used for free-running, or combat, at one point the ancestor can even get a second hidden blade.
Reference:
Light armor (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Altair-assassin-robes.png)
Heavy armor (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Armor-ishakpasha-revelations.png)
Anywhere between (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:ACE-V_11.png)

I saw an idea for a poison and lock-picking system anyone feel like reposting them?

B_Crispino
12-21-2011, 05:42 PM
thats interesting... i dont have any, though... but i believe its kinda late for that stuff, they must have finnished the game already (in the papers, i mean)

Voltige2011
12-21-2011, 05:56 PM
They still have a year to add atleast one or two new concepts, a self made button system wouldn't be hated either.

B_Crispino
12-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Voltige2011:
They still have a year to add atleast one or two new concepts, a self made button system wouldn't be hated either.

do they? the process is rather complicated, with all things thought i dont know if they would be able to insert a new feature.

Voltige2011
12-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Well they did just have a community opinion poll on where to have an AC game, hopefully if they finished AC3 already they can atleast have a community idea in a part of the AC3 saga.

And just to add to my list of ideas, a hunting system(warning minor violence) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WncKkVdZWto&feature=player_embedded),to add to the Eagle features.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 04:13 AM
They may lock this thread . . I tried to do something similar in a broader sense w/ main attributes people requested most (weather changes, more stealth/less restrictive missions, suspense & mystery in story, longer game, more side missions, choice of difficulty level, remove armor choice, harder AI, etc.) recently and it got closed.

It seems to be alot easier to criticize than create.

DavisP92
12-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Voltige2011:

just two new concepts would be, not right for AC3. there should be a whole new feel with a lot of new gameplay.

A coop story with a different location then SP. featuring coop moves and such

new hidden blade design in which u could only take the hookblade or the new design, (my idea is the wireblade). It could be used to pull guards trip them from a distance set up small traps and if u fall from a building that has nothing u can grab on u can shoot it into a wall. This could work for coop too

Poisen that does different things, perhaps have one that is slow acting so you can tale a guard back to his hide out and make him kill a few ppl allowing you to kill your target with less guards around. Or a poison that makes the guard sleep, if u don't want to kill ppl. if they do that then maybe improve the guards AI so that they check up on each other, perhaps one guard on a rooftop looks down at his teammates to see if they're still there and add gameplay for that.

Weight/armor/notoriety system, the more armor you have the slower you are in everything but you can take more hits and even have specific animations for it. The less armor you have the more speed you have, having different animations as well, and doing more creative parkour moves. (Kongs, Kashes, and dashes). Also with less armor your health stays low so a few hits and you die.

Medicine not working like how it is now, instead make it heal over time. It would make the combat harder.

Less recruits only 2 or 3, infact have the next game as a 3 member team of assassins in which the gamer is one of them. All 3 recruits training under a master or mentor.

Add the ability to choose a crossbow or a bow and arrow, with a bow and arrow you can shoot more then one arrow. lets just say 3 tops, giving the player the chance to kill 3 guards in one strike. It could even be added with poison so you have poison tipped arrows. Or bombs so that the arrows have bombs that are attached to them

No more lock on for ranged weapons, have it a third person aiming system. Doing this would make the game more challanging and interesting if Ubisoft provides the AI with the idea that if they are shot in a limb then that limp is only effected. If i shoot an arrow at a guards arm and they are against a wall then they could get stuck on the wall. Same with the foot on a floor.

Combat should be more fluid, make it like the e3 trailer. So much better then the actual game. that being said, imo the assassin should carry any visable weapons, that includes the hidden blades that aren't hidden. Have them under the sleeve, the dagger can be in a shirt or something or if the gamer doesn't want to carry any but instead fight like the e3 trailer just use the guards' weapons against them

freddie_1897
12-23-2011, 02:22 PM
I have this theory that in every numbered assassins creed game (this means it dosnt include filler games like revelations and brotherhood)
they add another hidden blade, one blade in ac1 double blades in ac2 foot blade in ac3 and double foot blade in ac4. (if you've seen embers you'll know Shao Jun has a foot blade, this shows that ubisoft have got that idea) anyway, this means that if you've got your quad blades in ac4 you'll have no need for ledges, you'd pretty much be able to climb buildings like a spider.

i dunno what they'd add for ac5, a knee blade? a head blade, a chest blade?

B_Crispino
12-23-2011, 02:33 PM
a **** blade, so that they can **** the templars quite properly

B_Crispino
12-23-2011, 02:36 PM
freddie, i disagree with you, though... i belive the footblade was china's exclusive, mostly because of their way to fight (kung fu) and to adapt that to the killing... if they really had that many blades, how come desmond only have one? also, in The Fall, the mentor sais that the hidden blade is merely symbolic.

Black_Widow9
12-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Please post your ideas here so your voice is heard.
AC Revelations: Singleplayer Game feedback. [Do Not Post Spoilers!] (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3721023169)
Assassin's Creed Revelations: Multiplayer feedback! [No spoilers please!] (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/8031023169)

Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>