PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Winter?

ojcar1971
10-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Coming soon.... Winter war dynamic campaings!!!

I sent the files to Enjoyr. I hope he will include them in next Enjoyr patches.

The Readme:

WINTER WAR CAMPAINGS FOR DGEN. BY OJCAR.

-Three new campaings added to stock DGEN Finnish fighter, Russian Leningrad Fighter an Russian Heavy bomber.
-Suitable skins.

I have made a number of difficult decissions to make these campaings:

-Not all the Winter War. We start the campaings in February 1940. We don't have I-15, I-152, Bristol Bulldog or flyable "Fokker D-XXI". Instead, I have started at this time, when Finnish received Gladiators, Fiats and Morannes, and Soviets deployed I-153 and I-16 Type 18.
-Ki-27-ko included as Fokker D-xxi hack (not flyable). It's not exactly the same (more nimble but lesser firepower than Fokker), but if not Fokker, very difficult the inmersion in Winter War, not?
-Soviet U-2 included as general purpose aircraft. If you encounter some U-2 bombing (not historical), they are this time the Polikarpov R-5 and R-Z attack planes.
-Finnish Junkers 52, included for Transfer missions. Finnish had a number of Junkers K-43 aircraft. No Junkers 52 at this time.
-The frontlines aren't exactly historical. It's because the map. If more into russian territory, there are a series of annoying missions over Baltic Republics.
-I-153 included as LIGHT, instead of JABO. More air to air missions (more accurate historically).
-All the Finnish guns and vehicles are german. I allow them only light tanks. The Finnish had a little number of Renault an Vickers light tanks, and some captured soviet tanks.
-The Finnish skins are authentical Winter War skins. The Soviet skins, some are authentical Winter War skins, and some aren't, but all of them are beautiful. Some units have summer skins (some units didn't have any time to repaint their planes). Same for March, with majority of planes in Winter skin.
-MORE IMPORTANT: the map doesn't allow to start in 1940, so I put the timeframe in 1942. Don't mind. DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE BRIEFFINGS YEAR. We are in 1940. I have tested it. The game allows me starting in 1942, and in next campaing it start in summer 1941. No issues when you reach 1942 again. It's a little odd in the pilot diary, but it's all.

Wonderful skins from: Porsimo (Fokker), Imme/Ife (Blenheims), Ife (Fiat), Ife/Winger 69 (DB-3M), Imme (MS406, SB-2), Hynkel (I-153 M62), Stroitel (I-16), Vpmedia (I-16), Tchaika (I-16). Excuse me, but I don't know the author or authors of Gladiator's skins.

Thanks to Vtrelut, Enjoyr and all SIMHQ and MIssion4Today forum members. Special thanks to Boelke. A question from him gave me the "break the time barrier" idea.

F19_Orheim
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
soundd really interesing...

how about an NGEN campaign as well?http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ojcar1971
10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Maybe in future. Now I don't know how to do it.

ojcar1971
10-17-2007, 04:09 AM
I just have submitted the files to Mission4Today

Irish_Rogues
10-17-2007, 05:50 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

HotelBushranger
10-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Nice stuff, good onya mate http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ojcar1971
10-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Thank you! Any comments will be well received.