PDA

View Full Version : My easy 4.05m Install note.

ElAurens
04-29-2006, 06:34 AM
Here is what I did.

Pe2 is downloaded to a file in "Programs" called "My installed games".

Go to: My computer > Local disc C (or whatever you call it) > Program files > My installed games.

Open the folder and you will find the folder IL2 Pe2. Open it. Copy it's contents and paste it directly into the FB/AEP/PF game directory. Let it overwrite what it wants to, ("Yes to all"), and PRESTO!

You now have a fully installed version 4.05m

Now delete boonty box and the new IL2 Pe2.exe that was installed on your desktop when you DL'd the thing and enjoy.

The Pe2 is a pretty cool aircraft BTW.

capt_frank
04-29-2006, 07:56 AM
hey! mikie likes it!

i'm going to copy mine to disk just in case the puter takes a powder...

thanks for the heads up.

Airmikey2
04-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the tip, El.. worked like a charm.

Airmikey

JG52Uther
04-29-2006, 09:32 AM
OK call me paranoid,but with all this talk of deleting boontybox after installing the PE2 add-on,I hope that somehow does not screw things up when the next add-on arrives

ICDP
04-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Good tip ElAurens but you better not overwrite the Il2fb.exe or the il2.exe. Both of these files have boontybox.exe in them and it loads into memory when you run either exe. Use the .exe's from 4.04m

ElAurens
04-29-2006, 09:59 AM
ICDP,

Good call. Unfortunately I have already done the deed...

I am getting a new hard drive soon, so when I install the Full FB/AEP/PF from DVD I will not use the Boonty stuff or it's .exe's.

Hmmm... Perhaps I'll wait until all the Add-ons are released before doing the re-install... Hence I'll only have to do the Boonty dump one time.

x6BL_Brando
04-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Hmmm... Perhaps I'll wait until all the Add-ons are released before doing the re-install... Hence I'll only have to do the Boonty dump one time.

Thank goodness that there are some people are looking at this problem logically rather than running around like headless chickens!

Personally I don't expect my rig to melt down under the pressure of the unfortunately-named Boonty Box, or that my bank account will be sucked dry, or even that extra spam from Ubisoft will get past my junk filter.

It's happened - but the combined know-how on this forum will find ways of defusing any annoying side effects of Ubis' generous boonty - and we'll all just get on flying, or finding something else to moan at depending on our mindset. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Some good food for thought in this and many threads, thanks.

B.

RxMan
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
I did what ElAurens did, worked fine. Now I have found 2 things I needed to do, which I have since corrected.

1. Copy 2 files from your 404m install (il2fb.exe and files.sfs)
to a folder named 404m or somesuch.

2.After the 405m install copy the same files from the new 405m install to a folder (405m maybe).

The 404m version of Il2fb.exe will run the game without using the BoontyBox thing or whatever that is. You may need the 405m version for the next add-ons, no one knows yet.

The 2 versions of the files.sfs file will let you switch back and forth 404m<->405m easily using just this one file for use on HL until everyone switches over (if that ever happens).

steve_v
04-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by ICDP:
Good tip ElAurens but you better not overwrite the Il2fb.exe or the il2.exe. Both of these files have boontybox.exe in them and it loads into memory when you run either exe. Use the .exe's from 4.04m As stated, the new il2/il2fb, 1.36MB, will launch two services which run in the background, Boonty.exe and BoontyGames.001. If you run the task manager after launching the sim, you'll see them running. Before replacing the new files with the il2/il2fb from my backup 4.04m, I looked to see if they tried to transmit through my firewall. They did not.
However, they may be related to ingame crashes, which luthier1 is currently investigating.

collin_941
05-26-2007, 09:41 AM
i love il2+fb+pf but it is sad they didn't make

a patch to control the winds speed and direction

.I am trying to remake the Doolittle raid!!

people common i am big fan and i am very

disapointed and please put in more

aircraft/ships/tanks ect.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif and if you don't know what i am

talking about please contact me!!. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Skycat_2
05-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Why did you post this to a year-old thread that isn't even on the same topic?

If you're just tuning in, the 4.05m patch was the Pe-2 Peshka expansion that originally was only available via commercial download. It required Forgotten Battles + Aces Expansion Pack + Pacific Fighters to be installed as a 'merged' version first. Even so, the 4.05m download (with the despised Boontybox manager) caused aggravation for some folks. Now it and all other parts of the series are available on the "IL-2: 1946" DVD and in the full enchilada commercial download. The 4.05m individual download isn't even available anymore!

Sorry you don't have all the ships, tanks, etc. you want. Unfortunately this is an old issue and there wasn't any plans to add more ships even when Pacific Fighters was a new release. Now the series is at its twilight, the curtain has closed ... if we applaud loud enough we'll get one last encore in the form of the 4.09m patch w/ the Slovakia map and new default skins.