PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the UGLY Pixelated cloud shadows on the water?

Charlie901
10-29-2004, 12:21 AM
It almost looks like the screen door effect is causing these super ugly pixelated cloud shadow blobs on the ocean surface. I'm running 6800GT with 66.81 drivers.

Whats causing tis and is there a fix? Thanks.

Charlie901
10-29-2004, 12:35 AM
O.K. I found I was still using the unsupported Water=2 so I set it to Water=3 and it looks better, but still kinda pixelated off in the distance (cloud shadows).

TAGERT.
10-29-2004, 12:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlie901:
O.K. I found I was still using the unsupported Water=2 so I set it to Water=3 and it looks better, but still kinda pixelated off in the distance (cloud shadows). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Im going through the same process... I dont know what it was I did.. But once I had the water looking like a mirror.. Im mean you could hardly tell the sky from the water in that the immage on the water was like that of a mirror.. It looked good.. Then I mess around and messed up something.. Now I have the reflction on the water.. but it has that very blockie patchie hard mirror image.. This weekend I hope to mess with the settings to see if I can get that mirro look back. The only thing I know for sure it was not the water setting.. It was something else I messed up.