PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Fatigue Config

WeeBubba
10-20-2005, 07:18 AM
hi ive just installed commander sh3 mod. i dont want to run with no fatigue.

what is rub 1x tc model?

i just want fatigue that will do down but will go back up after resting.

i was using just rub1.44 before and i had to sail back to port because all my crew were fatigued and wouldnt regenerate.

thanks

WeeBubba
10-20-2005, 07:18 AM
hi ive just installed commander sh3 mod. i dont want to run with no fatigue.

what is rub 1x tc model?

i just want fatigue that will do down but will go back up after resting.

i was using just rub1.44 before and i had to sail back to port because all my crew were fatigued and wouldnt regenerate.

thanks

Dominicrigg
10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Just use the standard fatigue, its simple if you know how to use it and men recover realistically so you shouldnt have any problems. Check out the site in my sig for hints on the crew management. You can swap out crew with a double click of the room name ect. Its very easy.

Kaleun1961
10-20-2005, 02:24 PM
I've tried several different fatigue models but keep going back to the original model. Although it allows the crew to tire too quickly, at least they will recover. Can't say the same for the others that I have seen.

I recommend using SH3 Commander's crew management function to help you cope with crew fatigue. I assign qualifications to the sailors for watchkeeping purposes. I make sure that I have two men for each station, so that when one is on duty, his counterpart is resting in the crew quarters.

Although sailor qualifications awarded via SH3 Cm are not recognized in the game, the icons show up beside each crew member, so it is very easy visually to sort them out. The key to making crew fatigue easily manageable is to swap the entire compartment at the same time. In this way, your crew members will fatigue equally and recover equally with each other. No more checking each man; check one engine room guy and his mates are at the same level. Very simple once you learn it.

With officers it is more tricky, as on the bigger boats there are five officer slots available but only room to rest two at once. You can opt to have only four officers on your boat, so two are on duty while two rest, or you can juggle somehow so that they get some rest in whenever possible. Once one of your officers has the German Cross medal, he becomes immune to fatigue. Keep him on duty at all times and then the other four can rotate.

Kaleun1961
10-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Here is a graphical illustration of how I use SH3 Commander's crew manager option to sort out my cew, by assigning "qualifications" to sailors.

This first example is my crew configuration in a VIIB:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/K-61/Crew/Crew001.jpg

I have one shift on duty in the engines, the other resting. When the crew in the engine room is tired, I shift the whole gang at once and bring on duty the rested men. The same applies to the other stations, one shift on duty, the other resting. Spare torpedo handlers go into the electric room while I am surfaced. When submerged you can put them in the diesel compartment.

This picture was taken a while ago. You will see that I have two petty officer's as helmsmen. I don't do that anymore; I use six sailors, which frees up those two PO's for other duty. You don't have to use a PO for that position. Notice also that I only have an officer and a PO on bridge watch. Since they are both watch qualified, those two alone bring the efficiency meter fully into the green. Any more bodies up there won't make it better, so use them for something else.

This photo depicts my crew configuration in a IXB, submerged. The two men without a spot I put into the damage control box, rather than the torpedo rooms. The torpedo rooms induce fatigue more quickly, so I only put men in there when they are handling torpedoes.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/K-61/Crew/Crew002.jpg

This last photo depicts the same boat surfaced. I put the extra sailor up top in order to keep him out of the torpedo areas. You could also put him in the damage control slot, if you wished. Here I am using 5 officers, so I have to be careful how I rotate them. Once one of them has a German Cross, it is much easier to handle them without fatiguing them.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/K-61/Crew/Crew003.jpg

This is not the only way to do this. As your crew gets more experienced and decorated, you can juggle them around. Right now there are four radio qualified men. If one of them gets the German Cross, I can requalify his spare in some other area. Over time you will change their qualifications to suit changing needs. Note that I do not have anybody gunnery qualified. There is no need to, as long as the officer on deck is gunnery qualified and you have enough rested men crewing the gun, the efficiency meter will be fully green.