PDA

View Full Version : (OT) What do you think about new GMX WWII flightsimulator BOB 2

Jarza_Death_Man
05-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Release date for GMX Battle of Britain 2 is next weeks friday.
I`w just bought trackIR whit vektor
expansion and that game supports that, so eaven that is one reason to for me buy that game. But what about you, how you feel about this game. Or hawe you hear or read anything good or bad. shear your information whit me and tell what is yours feeling of this game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

tjaika1910
05-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Is this that Rowan thing?

Downloaded two videos and watched them. Not very impressive, looked arcadish and outdated. But thats all I have seen of this. Rowans revived BOB has been mentioned on this forum before, but I guess we can wait for Olegs BoB.

Two years, be sure. ;-)

Chivas
05-10-2005, 10:41 AM
The original Rowan's BOB had alot of potential. Shockwave has greatly improved the oceans, clouds, etc. Time will tell, and reviews should be out relatively soon. Its definitly a combat sim that we should keep our eye on.

hframpto
05-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Downloaded and watched the two movies. Not impressed. Lots of orange and yellow! Faded blue! And it has a sun like hehe #3. As a matter of fact the ground looks kind of iffy as well.

Jarza_Death_Man
05-11-2005, 01:04 AM
I read somewhere that tis game is based that Rowans game, that they just updated that.

Originally posted by tjaika1910:
Is this that Rowan thing?

Downloaded two videos and watched them. Not very impressive, looked arcadish and outdated. But thats all I have seen of this. Rowans revived BOB has been mentioned on this forum before, but I guess we can wait for Olegs BoB.

Two years, be sure. ;-)

Kannaksen_hanu
05-11-2005, 06:37 AM
Because it supports 6DOF, I think I'll give it a try although it looks arcadish. -After all it cant be as horrible as CFS3.

altstiff
05-11-2005, 07:03 AM
I was abig fan of the original Rowan BOB game as well as the game they did "Mig Alley".

One thing is for sure, the tactical side of the game has been left intact. It lets you be in charge of fighter command or the luftwaffe and you can play it like a RTS game and never even sit in a plane. That part of the original BOB was very cool and may be worth it alone.

The FM in the original is dated now and I'm not sure how much they can tweak that, I do not think it will be anything like IL-2. Besides I have not even seen any cockpit shots except for the one of the 109. All this stuff and not one other cockpit shot?

I'm a bit on the fence for this one. I may grab it just for the tactical aspect of the game.