PDA

View Full Version : How will Altair gameplay be?

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Will they keep ac1 type freerun/scaling and no more atachments? will altair have double blade and his armor (used by ezio at ac2)?

Will altair become a char like ezio or will keep his serious way of seeing the world? :O

Gasketfuse
05-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I think that depends on which parts of his life we visit. He is the one who invented the double blade and other things that Ezio uses, so I think it's safe to assume he was using them during the memory sequences. And I think he will always be serious.

desmondsheir
05-07-2011, 11:22 AM
did you read the codex pages in ac2?

if so you'll notice that basically all of ezios equipment poison blade, double blade, hidden gun etc. was created by altair so i beleive it is possible that he will be the same altair we love just more badass...

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by desmondsheir:

if so you'll notice that basically all of ezios equipment poison blade, double blade, hidden gun etc. was created by altair so i beleive it is possible that he will be the same altair we love just more badass...

That's why i'm asking what do you think, will we have altair already with those things? he didn't have it when he ****ed with maria but in codex pages he wrotte that he was felt in love with maria some pages after he showed up the design of his armor :O

Now i'm thinking... everything desmond knows about freerun he learnt via animus, how will desmond memories be? o.o...

desmondsheir
05-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by desmondsheir:

That's why i'm asking what do you think, will we have altair already with those things? he didn't have it when he ****ed with maria but in codex pages he wrotte that he was felt in love with maria some pages after he showed up the design of his armor :O

Now i'm thinking... everything desmond knows about freerun he learnt via animus, how will desmond memories be? o.o... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah i think to be honest that we will only see glimpes of them (altair and ezio) so yes they will start with all of their equipment and regarding altairs armour i think that he'd probably wear it under his robes and we won't see it much

itsamea-mario
05-07-2011, 12:31 PM
You mean we'll only get glimpses of Ezio?
If so then you're wrong, it's a majority Ezio game, that's why they've given him a massive city and all these new features.

crash3
05-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Will they keep ac1 type freerun/scaling and no more atachments? will altair have double blade and his armor (used by ezio at ac2)?

Will altair become a char like ezio or will keep his serious way of seeing the world? :O

surely if altair visits constantinople later on in his life then he will be wearing the armour and robes that ezio got in AC2 after completing the assassins tombs. all we have seen of altair is his white robes which are cool but we need some variation on altairs outfit as well as ezios

itsamea-mario
05-07-2011, 01:46 PM
But there's no reason to believe those are the actual robes altair wore, only the armour.

Will_Lucky
05-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I think considering we have so far only seen Altair wearing the same from AC1 he will probably wear that. We know know over what period it is he writes the Codex, but the last page sounds like he is quite old. His inventions and abilities may not have been invented in the timeframe we will see him. Unless of course we see him over a period of time and his abilities/equipment improves over it.

EnXess
05-07-2011, 02:14 PM
As much as I am excited for this I really, really hope they find a way to make the two feel different and not like the same character

scope2005
05-07-2011, 02:30 PM
From what I have read, it seems the Altair sections of the game will be single memory sequences at different points of his life.

Think of the Christina memories from ACB, where we see Ezio remembering certain events in his own life.

I think these seals will pretty much do the same thing, but they will be memories from Altairs life. I doubt were going to get expansive gameplay as Altair where we upgrade his armor/weps and do free roaming and side quests...

However I do think the equipment he uses will scale, depending on what sequence etc. I am sure we will see the armor of altair and the double hidden blade or gun eventually.

As for keeping the characters personalities different... the only thing they have in common is thier ancestral looks and the fact they are both supremely skilled assassins. They are the Yin to each others Yang.

Ezio is the humours, cavalier, ladies man.
Altair is the serious, consumate professional, with little show of emotion.

Contrast should be visible.

BioPulse.ps3
05-07-2011, 02:42 PM
it's true that altair designed the double blades and the other stuff, which we might see him using but things like the gun seem too advanced for his time period.

itsamea-mario
05-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Yet he still inveted them.

scope2005
05-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Biopulse.PS3:
it's true that altair designed the double blades and the other stuff, which we might see him using but things like the gun seem too advanced for his time period.

You are correct in that it is too advanced for his time period - but he did "discover" and make it because the piece of eden told him how to make it. The POE is a catalogue of advanced blueprints and things which had not yet been created. Altair only needed to ask it what he desired, and it would show him how to make it with the tools available in his time.

In one of the codex pages, he talks about how the piece of eden has told him how to make a miniature artillery gun that sits on the wrist within the hidden blade.

It isnt as unbelievable as it sounds, as the chinese were using black-powder and fireworks for centuries before gunpowder weapons became popular. The techonology was there, it was just in its infancy.

Nobody had figured out, or perfected a way of compacting it into safe, portable format that could be used by hand and wouldn't be affected by wet weather.

Just think of it as somebody having a pocket calculator back in the 1950's. The technology was around but the computers to do the sums were massive machines full of transistors and switches - the tiny digital circuit-boards requied to compact it had not yet been invented.

SAVMATIC
05-07-2011, 02:51 PM
What EXACT equipment Altair has remains to be seen, but its not something you need to worry about. They are not going to sell you short on Altair. What you can expect is to play Altair with a way upgraded free-running and fighting mechanic. They will make sure you are fully capable of committing any bad-assery with Altair that wasnt possibly in AC1.

BioPulse.ps3
05-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
What EXACT equipment Altair has remains to be seen, but its not something you need to worry about. They are not going to sell you short on Altair. What you can expect is to play Altair with a way upgraded free-running and fighting mechanic. They will make sure you are fully capable of committing any bad-assery with Altair that wasnt possibly in AC1.

i know altair will be badass, but look at all the tools ezio will have plus the new hook thing. gameplay wise transitioning from ezio to altair may seem as a downgrade.... although when playing as altair i'm sure i'll be wrapped up in all the story and will forget of all this minor details...

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Biopulse.PS3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAVMATIC:

i know altair will be badass, but look at all the tools ezio will have plus the new hook thing. gameplay wise transitioning from ezio to altair may seem as a downgrade.... although when playing as altair i'm sure i'll be wrapped up in all the story and will forget of all this minor details... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope they keep the emotional side of ac1's altair.... it was the best part of the game, when he started questionating if assassins are doing things the right way.... Ezio became an assasin for revenge but Altair became an assassin to help the humanity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Plus, i just don't like 3 things in altair....

1 - He can't swim
2 - He can't scale as fast as ezio (combo like scaling)
3 - He can't do combos with his hands...

If they make him able to do this things it will be the perfect missions...

For those who said that altair gameplay will not be extensive and that it will be like cristina gameplay, you are not right...

Cristina Missions: You unlock them while doing missions with 100% sync

Altair Missions: Ezio is in constantinople searching for the pieces that will make him able to see altair memories.... maybe in ACR we will see why Ezio has chosen that cathedral at acb to hide the PoE, which obviously will implicate Altair :P

Sangine12
05-07-2011, 04:15 PM
How ****ed up will it be if Ezio finds an animus and access Altairs memories.

itsamea-mario
05-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Very, which is why it won't happen.

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Sangine12:
How ****ed up will it be if Ezio finds an animus and access Altairs memories.

He won't.... he will find seals created by altair (wasn't it easier to say: Hey PoE make me revive altair memories http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

scope2005
05-07-2011, 04:54 PM

...For those who said that altair gameplay will not be extensive and that it will be like cristina gameplay, you are not right...

Altair Missions: Ezio is in constantinople searching for the pieces that will make him able to see altair memories.... maybe in ACR we will see why Ezio has chosen that cathedral at acb to hide the PoE, which obviously will implicate Altair :P

A simple misunderstanding, I did not mean they would be tiny 2 minute events placed in the game for the sake of it. I am sure they will be very integral to the story and fleshed out properly. I only meant that like christina missions, they are memories inside of ezio's memories (just not belonging to ezio of course).

The only similarity I assume they will have with christina missions, is that you will find the seal and you will be placed into a pre-determined scenario in the past as altair, with a pre-set load out of gear and an objective.

You complete the said scenario and then go back to ezio, where the core of the game will be. Thats my understanding from the info we have so far, although I would love ubisoft to prove me wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SixKeys
05-07-2011, 04:57 PM
I actually hope they will keep the Alta´r gameplay as close to AC1 as possible. No double blades, hidden gun or poison blade, even if he did invent them. Ezio already has all that stuff and he will no doubt get even more gadgets during his journey. I think it would be more challenging if in the Alta´r segments players would have to make do with a very limited range of weapons like in AC1. It forces you to think much more about a stealthy approach when you only have a few throwing knives and a sword at your disposal. IMO that's exactly what made Alta´r more badass than Ezio. He only had four different weapons to choose from and he still kicked ***.

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by scope2005:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

...For those who said that altair gameplay will not be extensive and that it will be like cristina gameplay, you are not right...

A simple misunderstanding, I did not mean they would be tiny 2 minute events placed in the game for the sake of it. I am sure they will be very integral to the story and fleshed out properly. I only meant that like christina missions, they are memories inside of ezio's memories (just not belonging to ezio of course).

The only similarity I assume they will have with christina missions, is that you will find the seal and you will be placed into a pre-determined scenario in the past as altair, with a pre-set load out of gear and an objective.

You complete the said scenario and then go back to ezio, where the core of the game will be. Thats my understanding from the info we have so far, although I would love ubisoft to prove me wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok.. Maybe 1 seal means 1 DNA sequence (with like 7 or 8 missions) so it could be more interesting and char devloping http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

scope2005
05-07-2011, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

You complete the said scenario and then go back to ezio, where the core of the game will be. Thats my understanding from the info we have so far, although I would love ubisoft to prove me wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok.. Maybe 1 seal means 1 DNA sequence (with like 7 or 8 missions) so it could be more interesting and char devloping http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that would be really cool.

I wouldn't mind ubi pushing back development until this time next year just to make sure the Altair parts are full sequences of quality in thier own right.

Originally posted by SixKeys:

I actually hope they will keep the Alta´r gameplay as close to AC1 as possible. No double blades, hidden gun or poison blade, even if he did invent them. Ezio already has all that stuff and he will no doubt get even more gadgets during his journey. I think it would be more challenging if in the Alta´r segments players would have to make do with a very limited range of weapons like in AC1. It forces you to think much more about a stealthy approach when you only have a few throwing knives and a sword at your disposal. IMO that's exactly what made Alta´r more badass than Ezio. He only had four different weapons to choose from and he still kicked ***.

I see your point here, gadgets and gizmo's are cool.. but there were some missions in AC1 where it took a lot of thinking to pass patrols and get your target without being seen. These were awesome.

A good example is the one where you assassinate the leader of the teutonic knights as he getting on a boat. If you check out all of the mission intel from the build up missions, it gives a map showing a safe route you can take where you have to very swiftly navigate yourself across boats, jetties and posts sticking up out of the water which if timed right will allow you to get to the boat undetected!

It took a lot of skill to pull off, so I would like to see some altair missions with very limited gear http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Well, double hiden blade and assassinating from edge and other places would be nice....

About stealthy in the games... on AC1 there's one guy (the one that discuss with the king) that is talking with teutonics soldiers... 2~3 first times i beat the game i just pulled over and killed the soldiers but now i just try to find a way to listen all the conversation and kill the leader without being detected... althought i'm doing the game again so i will post there the video to you see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SAVMATIC
05-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Ok what im trying to express is that we may have a limited arsenal but it wont matter. I dont care if its just a sword and a knife, the point is we are gonna get some significant gameplay as Altair with full access to a bunch of new badass counter kills and combos & the like. I thought most would love this, especially the crowd that likes to argue whos better ezio or altair lol...well here ya go heres your chance to really open a can with Altair himself. Im pretty sure people are gonna be very happy with the Altair sequences.

iN3krO
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Ok what im trying to express is that we may have a limited arsenal but it wont matter. I dont care if its just a sword and a knife, the point is we are gonna get some significant gameplay as Altair with full access to a bunch of new badass counter kills and combos & the like. I thought most would love this, especially the crowd that likes to argue whos better ezio or altair lol...well here ya go heres your chance to really open a can with Altair himself. Im pretty sure people are gonna be very happy with the Altair sequences.

Let's see if Ubisoft do the things how they must be done or if they **** altair sequences with ac2/acb ideas -.-

SAVMATIC
05-07-2011, 09:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAVMATIC:

Let's see if Ubisoft do the things how they must be done or if they **** altair sequences with ac2/acb ideas -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly are the "ideas" that you think would ruin Altair...?

DavidPV86
05-07-2011, 11:37 PM
As much as I would like to play the old school way, I guess we will use him through Bleeding effect or most likely due to "memory within a memory", but on a larger scale than Broherhood...

xCr0wnedNorris
05-07-2011, 11:56 PM
I really hope they amp up Alta´r in this one. I mean when I was playing AC2 I was like "YYYEEEAAAHHH!!! I CAN ASSASSINATE PEOPLE FROM 20 STORIES AND CLIMB BUILDINGS IN A MATTER OF SECONDS!" and when I got into that memory sequence for Alta´r I went "Oh really, dudes a god damn master free runner and he's chasin' someone takin' his sweet *** time scaling this tower. WTF? THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO FIX THE LEDGE TO WHERE YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT ******ED WALL RUN THE JUMP TO THE SIDE?!? Why can't I just jump up and grab the ****ing thing?!"

iN3krO
05-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Let's see if Ubisoft do the things how they must be done or if they **** altair sequences with ac2/acb ideas -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly are the "ideas" that you think would ruin Altair...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiden Blade as Sword
Killstreaks
Too much life (in ac2/b with 1 hit you lose 1 square in ac1 a templair hits you and you lose 3 squares)...

And please, keep the AI of ac1... templaires used to break our defense and to grab us to throw away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EnXess
05-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by scope2005:

As for keeping the characters personalities different... the only thing they have in common is thier ancestral looks and the fact they are both supremely skilled assassins. They are the Yin to each others Yang.

Ezio is the humours, cavalier, ladies man.
Altair is the serious, consumate professional, with little show of emotion.

Contrast should be visible.
That's not what people mean by them being the same, they mean the way you play the character, if it's literally just a skin-swap it'll be crap, they need to make the characters feel different when you're actually playing as them and not just for the cutscenes

Oatkeeper
05-08-2011, 09:44 AM

What exactly are the "ideas" that you think would ruin Altair...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1: a severe lack of philosophy

2: Too much focus on a simplistic and unchallenging Combat

3: No real gameplay incentive to use stealth

4: Linear Assassinations that no longer require planning and taking a moment to observe surroundings

5: Making the player instantly de-sync if they mess up, as opposed to AC1 where the player had to keep going and just change tactics (such as chasing a now aware target or having to deal with a small army) unless the player actively restarts the mission)

6: being able to go through 30 guards in a single fight without breaking a sweat.

7: stupidly unbalanced things like muti-throw-instant-kill throwing knifes and poison darts.

8: using the Hidden blade as a core combat weapon

Any more I missed?

iN3krO
05-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:

4: Linear Assassinations that no longer require planning and taking a moment to observe surroundings

5: Making the player instantly de-sync if they mess up, as opposed to AC1 where the player had to keep going and just change tactics (such as chasing a now aware target or having to deal with a small army) unless the player actively restarts the mission)

6: being able to go through 30 guards in a single fight without breaking a sweat.

7: stupidly unbalanced things like muti-throw-instant-kill throwing knifes and poison darts.

Any more I missed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for compile the ideas that made ac2 and brotherhood not as good as ac1 :P

PS - You're the first guy that agrees with me about hidden blade :P

Oatkeeper
05-08-2011, 10:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:

Any more I missed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for compile the ideas that made ac2 and brotherhood not as good as ac1 :P

PS - You're the first guy that agrees with me about hidden blade :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the blade is tiny and held in a static position, and its really made specifically for stabbing people in their juicy bits. A regular weapon should always be better, and the only time I think the Blade should be used is if the player got disarmed of all their other close combat weapons (which should happen more often), and even then disarming a guard of their own weapon should be a more practical tactic.

DavidPV86
05-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I do think the same, never liked the hidden blade on regular combat....

dxsxhxcx
05-08-2011, 10:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:

Oh ok.. Maybe 1 seal means 1 DNA sequence (with like 7 or 8 missions) so it could be more interesting and char devloping http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope this happens.. I don't want to play only some 5 minutes memories with Altair, this will probably be the last chance we'll have to play as him, Ezio had 3 games while Altair only had 1 game for the main plataforms (PS3, Xbox and PC)...

SAVMATIC
05-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Ok so you guys are just the type that want it to be like AC1. Well unfortunately for yall, i am sure that will NOT be the case. They are going to make it fun, not limiting...

Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
I really hope they amp up Alta´r in this one. I mean when I was playing AC2 I was like "YYYEEEAAAHHH!!! I CAN ASSASSINATE PEOPLE FROM 20 STORIES AND CLIMB BUILDINGS IN A MATTER OF SECONDS!" and when I got into that memory sequence for Alta´r I went "Oh really, dudes a god damn master free runner and he's chasin' someone takin' his sweet *** time scaling this tower. WTF? THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO FIX THE LEDGE TO WHERE YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT ******ED WALL RUN THE JUMP TO THE SIDE?!? Why can't I just jump up and grab the ****ing thing?!"

Now thats the spirit. This is a game after all, right? They gain nothing by serving certain peoples nostalgia about AC1. That was the first game, the series has long since evolved fellas, its not coming back. You should be glad they are bringing Altair back into the series at all...and your really gonna complain "AHHH! This is too UNREALISTIC im killing too many people as Altair!!!!" makes no sense...

newsflash to anyone playing AC: You can make AC as CHALLENGING OR UNCHALLENGING as you want. If you dont like throwing knives and kill streaks....DONT USE THEM! Its completely OPTIONAL. I do this all the time, switch up how I use the combat system to make the game MORE or LESS challenging and interesting, depending on how I feel. So I really dont see why anyone has a reason to complain

Avva Mapia
05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I think the point was that in AC1 you had no other options than to be stealthy, where as in ACII and ACB you can choose, like you said, how difficult you want it to be.

That's why I liked the Leonardo's machine's missions so much.
Be stealthy, or be desynched.

iN3krO
05-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by AvvaMapia:
I think the point was that in AC1 you had no other options than to be stealthy, where as in ACII and ACB you can choose, like you said, how difficult you want it to be.

At ac1 you could chose whatever you wanted.... only that if you didn't was stealthy the guards would rip you off in a mate of seconds unlike ac2/b where if u dont desync cuz u are not stealthy u can kill them in 3 ms -.-''

@SAVMATIC How old are you? -.-'' This is not about being unrealistic... running for 30min without get tired isn't realistic... just that manythings added on ac2 and acb just made the game easy as hell.. plus ezio story has no philosofical meaning, only emotional, unlike altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PhiIs1618033
05-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Ok so you guys are just the type that want it to be like AC1. Well unfortunately for yall, i am sure that will NOT be the case. They are going to make it fun, not limiting...
What the hell? If anything, AC1's gameplay was more fun. You had to have actual skills and time stuff in combat. In AC:B, you can just counter one guard (little timing required since the window is so big) then just keep on bashing X/square and pointing the directional stick somewhere (doesn't matter where). That's not fun.

Oatkeeper
05-08-2011, 07:09 PM

We dont want AC:R to be a carbon copy of AC1, that would be silly. We want it to bring back the more compelling elements of AC1 and incorperate them back into the series. Elements that made AC1 the least limiting of the games. (See 3rd responce to a quote)

Now thats the spirit. This is a game after all, right? They gain nothing by serving certain peoples nostalgia about AC1. That was the first game, the series has long since evolved fellas, its not coming back. You should be glad they are bringing Altair back into the series at all...and your really gonna complain "AHHH! This is too UNREALISTIC im killing too many people as Altair!!!!" makes no sense...

newsflash to anyone playing AC: You can make AC as CHALLENGING OR UNCHALLENGING as you want. If you dont like throwing knives and kill streaks....DONT USE THEM! Its completely OPTIONAL. I do this all the time, switch up how I use the combat system to make the game MORE or LESS challenging and interesting, depending on how I feel. So I really dont see why anyone has a reason to complain
Call me crazy but I think there is no excuse for me to be running through 30+ late-game guards while wearing no armor (side from the spaulder I had to buy early-game in AC:B), no medicine upgrades, and not having any sense of a challenge. Its not that players cant use stealth, its that there is no incentive to use it aside from avoiding the mind numbing combat.

And it not nolstalgia, its simply that AC1 was NOT as flawed as people made it out to be. Like I said before, There are great elements from AC1 that kept people playing despite its flaws, and many of those have been thrown away so the game could be more Mainstreamed. These things should not have been thrown away because they where obviously powerful enough to keep us playing the most "flawed" game.

You could not be any more wrong. There was always 3 or so options in AC1 (aside from the slave trader and Maria), and one was usually combat related. The difference was that it offered a good incentive to use stealth (ei: not chasing a target or having a small army of guards on you all at once) And in AC1 if you messed up on the stealth way, you still had a chance to pull through with a more aggressive and/or fast paced tactic.

I find that AC2 and Brotherhoods, "You mess up doing it our way, you start over" mentality is a huge step backwards. Especially when in those games you have a lot more tools to mess with, and I find a player will be more likely to replay the section later to see how else they can get through.

If you don't believe me, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...=channel_video_title (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9tORLFbwU&feature=channel_video_title)

phil.llllll
05-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I was going to type something up but Oathkeeper said it best already.

Fairus60
05-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Man, I hope this sequences are pretty lengthy, because if we get to play as ALtair and it only lasts for 10 minutes, Im going to be really ... Ive been waiting for ALtair┤s return since Ezio was announced as new main character, and I really like that guy, but Ive always preferred ALtair.
I honestly dont really mind if they include AC2 gameplay, or keep the Altair sequences loyal to AC1, all I care is that they give him proper gametime and make him an important factor in this game, not just some kind of side mission to keep us busy.
The single announcement of Altair appearing once more was the only thing that made me look for money as crazy to repair my YLOD PS3, just to play as him once again, He┤s been my idol since the first game was released... Please Ubi, DONT SCREW THIS!!!

Sorry, I had to get it out of me, jeje

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

SAVMATIC
05-08-2011, 09:27 PM
lmao..okay.
how old are YOU that you have such a naive attachment to this?
And again, all of the you people are talking about is stuff you have the choice to do or not. Dont kill 30 guards straight if you dont like to...are you all so lacking in intelligence you cant simply make the game work for you? AC is successful because it allows conservative gameplay or button mashing. Its up to the person holding the controller. Really you guys are complaining about running? Im not gonna stoop that low, if you guys are that far into this, im wasting my time, your not thinking on the same level. The point I continue to make is you all will play the game anyways, and the Altair sequences will be exactly as I described them. Continue feeling threatened over some gay and complaining and complaining and complaining about how Ubisoft makes there games but still buying and playing them anyways. smh
<span class="ev_code_RED">Language please</span>

Fairus60
05-08-2011, 10:07 PM
lmao..okay.
And again, all of the you people are talking about is stuff you have the choice to do or not. Dont kill 30 guards straight if you dont like to...are you all so lacking in intelligence you cant simply make the game work for you? AC is successful because it allows conservative gameplay or button mashing. Its up to the person holding the controller. Really you guys are complaining about running? Im not gonna stoop that low, if you guys are that far into this, im wasting my time, your not thinking on the same level. The point I continue to make is you all will play the game anyways, and the Altair sequences will be exactly as I described them. Continue feeling threatened over some gay and complaining and complaining and complaining about how Ubisoft makes there games but still buying and playing them anyways. smh
Dude, your attittude tells me that either you didnt read Oatkeepers response, or you simply didnt get the point of it... By the way, Im 18 and whats your problem with my attachment to Altair? Each and every one of us here in the forums have their very own opinion on the topic, so there is no need to rant your own...
Just relax pal...

LordWolv
05-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
You can still design something without inventing it. The designs for the gun could be made in any time period with the right brain. The codex pages were the designs.

Avva Mapia
05-09-2011, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AvvaMapia:

You could not be any more wrong. There was always 3 or so options in AC1 (aside from the slave trader and Maria), and one was usually combat related. The difference was that it offered a good incentive to use stealth (ei: not chasing a target or having a small army of guards on you all at once) And in AC1 if you messed up on the stealth way, you still had a chance to pull through with a more aggressive and/or fast paced tactic.

I find that AC2 and Brotherhoods, "You mess up doing it our way, you start over" mentality is a huge step backwards. Especially when in those games you have a lot more tools to mess with, and I find a player will be more likely to replay the section later to see how else they can get through.

If you don't believe me, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...=channel_video_title (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9tORLFbwU&feature=channel_video_title) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right it could be done, but the focus was much more on stealth than it is now. Running away and hiding was more difficult and I felt the chasing was more difficult as well. But I may be wrong since it's been a while since I popped AC1 in my console.

Edit: that video is awesome btw.

iN3krO
05-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't even really bother to be stealthy with Ezio unless needed.

You see? in Ac1 you just needed to be stealthy to have the game easier.... What i want to mean is: Assassins used to be stealthy cuz it was the easiest way to kill their targets like in Ac1 but in Ac2 and Brotherhood it's easier to just pull over and kill everybody in your front than being stealthier... plus, the only mission i've really enjoyed in ac2 was the one that you had to kill a guy in a boat on savoranola DLC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9tORLFbwU

Minute 2 and foward.... I did it my self even with templairs, beat the game 7 times finish in these http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I love how the guy killed one of the "bosses" from maria's tower :O

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language</span>

iMBUE_
05-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Daniel, this guy is exactly right. Ubi is pumping out a game every year for AC. The game has evolved - I doubt they will return to what it was. The mechanics are far superior to what they were in AC1, deal with it.

As SAVMATIC said, everything you guys are complaining about is completely optional.

Some of us like it, would it be fair to us if things changed so you guys could get your way - and the irony of you asking SAVMATIC how old he was when you are complaining, as if it is the end of the world, on forums about mechanics you wish would come back.

EDIT: I agree with Oatkeeper to an extent. People need to express their concerns in greater detail, instead of just saying "bring back AC1, lulz!"

iN3krO
05-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by wraith_05:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now thats the spirit. This is a game after all, right? They gain nothing by serving certain peoples nostalgia about AC1. That was the first game, the series has long since evolved fellas, its not coming back. You should be glad they are bringing Altair back into the series at all...and your really gonna complain "AHHH! This is too UNREALISTIC im killing too many people as Altair!!!!" makes no sense...

Daniel, this guy is exactly right. Ubi is pumping out a game every year for AC. The game has evolved - I doubt they will return to what it was. The mechanics are far superior to what they were in AC1, deal with it.

As SAVMATIC said, everything you guys are complaining about is completely optional.

Some of us like it, would it be fair to us if things changed so you guys could get your way - and the irony of you asking SAVMATIC how old he was when you are complaining, as if it is the end of the world, on forums about mechanics you wish would come back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this assassin's creed or Freedoom: Extreme? -.-'' we are still playing a game of assassins where we have to follow their creed and ac2/b gameplay doesn't fit the creed...

I don't say to they make EVERYTHING how it was before... i just want them to fix what they did to make it so easy to kill the guards and to run away from them....

While playing ac1 i still got sad when guards kill me but that incentivates me to play more to get more skill while acb don't incentivate me to play more when i've done 150 killstreek...

iMBUE_
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Either way - claiming the game needs to be changed to fit those who believe the game could be better "insert some random way here," is unfair.

Some of us like how the game is at this point. Take that into consideration when you post on these forums.

phil.llllll
05-09-2011, 12:18 PM

Some of us like how the game is at this point. Take that into consideration when you post on these forums.

I agree. Anyway, I'm not sure whose post you're referring to but Oathkeeper, for instance, brought up some valid points that really I don't see how anyone could disagree with (more options, plus better balance seems like a good idea to me).

EnXess
05-09-2011, 12:41 PM
lmao..okay.
And again, all of the **** you people are talking about is stuff you have the choice to do or not. Dont kill 30 guards straight if you dont like to...are you all so lacking in intelligence you cant simply make the game work for you? AC is successful because it allows conservative gameplay or button mashing. Its up to the person holding the controller. Really you guys are complaining about running? Im not gonna stoop that low, if you guys are that far into this, im wasting my time, your not thinking on the same level. The point I continue to make is you all will play the game anyways, and the Altair sequences will be exactly as I described them. Continue feeling threatened over some gay **** and complaining and complaining and complaining about how Ubisoft makes there games but still buying and playing them anyways. smh
Funny how you start a post off implying that someone is a child and yet all you do is exhibit the features of a child.

Read the guy's argument then respond, don't just mindlessly reply.

itsamea-mario
05-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
You can still design something without inventing it. The designs for the gun could be made in any time period with the right brain. The codex pages were the designs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, but in his designes he has detailed description on exactly how they should be made, and details on exactly how to create the metals nessecary, on the codex refering to the poison blade, he even describes how people have died because they used the wrong poison. All implying that he actually made them.

iN3krO
05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Either way - claiming the game needs to be changed to fit those who believe the game could be better "insert some random way here," is unfair.

I just want a game that requires skill to be able to chose anyway you want...

Like in Ac1:

When i played it the first time i had to be stealthy cuz if i didn't i would meet guards and i wasn't good in combats... Now i just try to keep stealthy cuz i think it's funnier keep in the shadows and cuz i really want to follow the creed (which is in the name of the game), but i can chose to be stealthy or pull out and kill guards cuz i'm skilled enought to....

Resume: add the freedoom of chosing stealthy or combats for skilled players.

How to do it?
- Remove sword like combos with hiden blade (don't remove the killstreaks)
- Make guards able to do what they used to do in ac1 (templairs used to grab you or break your defense....) when they are in group they could just hold you how the fast guards do at ac:B...
- Make guards attacks as powerfull as our attacks (Brutos in ac2 are ripped of with 3 sword attacks while they need to hit you like 8 times with the axe)...
- Increanse the time for aiming with the gun and increanse the time that a arrow needs to reach the target.... Make the knife velocity similar to ac1 so that you need to have skill to know when you can throw knifes or not.
- Remake guards able to say where did you go after beating them (you needed to use hidden blade to finish with them) (They would be crying in the ground only if they are beaten with non-letal attacks like in ac1)...

The killstreaks are nice cuz they require skill to have timmings to do counter attacks when someone is going to attack you, oh and i want to say that ubisoft did a good work in that part except that even if you didn't killed the guy you were killing before the counter-attack he still deaths but i hope they can fix this for revelations...

If someone thinks that only skilled ppl should have the right to chose what they want to do is unfair please give me the arguments :S

Oatkeeper
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Im just gonna add two things into this.

The first is you arguing that you like how the game is, is in no way different than us arguing how we like how the game once was. The game used to have a focus on stealth and freedom, and now it has a bigger focus on combat and linearity. While I will admit I much rather prefer the former, I think the much bigger issue is that we still need to hit a balance. I don't buy the argument that we can ignore the combat elements in AC2 and ACB, because by that logic you could ignore the stealth elements in AC1. Yes the game was made to facilitate the stealth players, but is that really any different then how the game is now made to facilitate the aggressive players.

Oh, and the argument that we can ignore certain elements falls short when about 50%+ of the game is designed to force you to restart (desynce) when you don't do things how the game tells you to do it.

The second (and IMO the more important) point is that I think a lot of people have not realized that Video games are NOT (in a traditional sense) games. Video Games have evolved far beyond what they where traditionally seen as. What used to be a fun "distraction", has now become an form of media that has proven itself to have more potential than any other media before it. Video Games no longer provide a "distraction" as much as they provide experiences. If we argue the point of "Its just a game" then how can gaming ever be taken seriously as an artistic medium.

and on the matter of the experience the games provide, I think AC1 had a much clearer idea of the kind of experience it wanted players to have, But it gave hints/tips and let players discover the experience they wanted and almost always had the option for it. AC2 and Brotherhood also had an idea, but more or less pushed things onto the player and kept switching up what it was trying to provide. I would be lying if I said AC2 and ACB did not improve anything, but I would also be lying to say it didn't lose things that made the first game compelling despite its flaws.

(im a bit sick upon writing this, so my mind may not be working at its best, but I think I got my points across well)

IIwangcarsII
05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
The way the game is now, is how Desmond is meant to be viewing what Ezio did, so if the game tells you how to make an assassination, then that must be how Ezio completed that assassination! I dont like it either but Ubi cant remove that of which they have added already! also, I hope we have a fair deal of gameply as Altair since he is the ORIGINAL assassin of the series! Ubisoft havnt given Altair justice by giving Ezio 3 whole games, which in my opinion is a bad move. But dont get me wrong I'll still buy the game as I'm sure it will be fantastic but I would love to see more of Altair. And fingers crossed that we will have a new assassin in AC3! Victorian London FTW

Oatkeeper
05-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
The way the game is now, is how Desmond is meant to be viewing what Ezio did, so if the game tells you how to make an assassination, then that must be how Ezio completed that assassination! I dont like it either but Ubi cant remove that of which they have added already!

By that logic, Ubi never could have made AC2 and changed so much.

iN3krO
05-09-2011, 11:47 PM
As i said, only those things is what make the game less skill needed and more agressive friendly...

Black_Widow9
05-10-2011, 12:33 AM
If you cannot control your Language and post respectfully I will lock this.

iN3krO
05-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
If you cannot control your Language and post respectfully I will lock this.

Any1 from dev team reads the topics or any1 from forum manager teams tell them about suggestions topics or we are just speaking for nothing?....

phil.llllll
05-10-2011, 07:46 AM
The second (and IMO the more important) point is that I think a lot of people have not realized that Video games are NOT (in a traditional sense) games. Video Games have evolved far beyond what they where traditionally seen as. What used to be a fun "distraction", has now become an form of media that has proven itself to have more potential than any other media before it. Video Games no longer provide a "distraction" as much as they provide experiences. If we argue the point of "Its just a game" then how can gaming ever be taken seriously as an artistic medium.

You hit the nail on the head here I think. What's weird though is that many don't seem to want it to evolve beyond just the game level. Kinda sad because, speaking from an artistic perspective, the opportunities to be had here (and have been had) are grand. Thankfully the industry keeps moving in that direction so most devs at least agree.

but I think I got my points across well)

I think so too. Excellent post by the way!

iN3krO
05-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:

You hit the nail on the head here I think. What's weird though is that many don't seem to want it to evolve beyond just the game level. Kinda sad because, speaking from an artistic perspective, the opportunities to be had here (and have been had) are grand. Thankfully the industry keeps moving in that direction so most devs at least agree.

but I think I got my points across well)

I think so too. Excellent post by the way! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen you agreeing with oathkeeper, don't you agree with me? i think almost like oathkeeper only that i give another reason and i say how to exatly balance the game to incentive ppl to be stealthy (which was the porpuse of the franchise if we follow assassin's creed) but giving skilled ppl the chance of chose being brute....

I mean the creed it self and not the game :P

Avva Mapia
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
New Altair-outfit spotted!

That article made me much more positive about the new game. I'm just a little hesitant about the Altair-sequences, if they are too short and the focus turns out to be all on Ezio once again, and the new MP.

Other than that I'm really excited. I'll forgive Ubi for making a 60 year old man freerunning across rooftops if this game meets the expectations.

iN3krO
05-10-2011, 11:27 AM

That article made me much more positive about the new game. I'm just a little hesitant about the Altair-sequences, if they are too short and the focus turns out to be all on Ezio once again, and the new MP.

Other than that I'm really excited. I'll forgive Ubi for making a 60 year old man freerunning across rooftops if this game meets the expectations.

Could you post the link here :P

Why no1 said anything about my ideas to improve the skill-needed (increanse combat dificult) and to keep the freedom?

phil.llllll
05-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I've seen you agreeing with oathkeeper, don't you agree with me? i think almost like oathkeeper only that i give another reason and i say how to exatly balance the game to incentive ppl to be stealthy (which was the porpuse of the franchise if we follow assassin's creed) but giving skilled ppl the chance of chose being brute....

Not sure what you're saying exactly but if you mean give the player more options, I very much agree (and a return of some semblance of balance).

Where? Link?

TurkishJames
05-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I think we will see Altairs death and what happened to him. I think that some of the game will revolve around Ezio finding out the secrets of Altair as they said in AC 2 that they know nothing about him and his mysteries. I then think that Altairs tomb possesses something that can be used and Desmond and co will travel to Istanbul and find whatever secret out and take a twist in the storyline.

Just theories haha. Smile

Avva Mapia
05-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Damn that post was meant to go in the Revelations topic.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/1767773-post1.html (posted by Biopulse.PS3 )

Last picture with the bombardier. At least, I think that's Altair lol. It looks Altair-ish, and I don't see a beard.

I'm gonna feel stupid if it turns out to be Ezio

itsamea-mario
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I see no altair, only ezio.

Avva Mapia
05-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Well okay then, my bad.

Now I feel stupid

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Very, which is why it won't happen. About as unlikely as a Medieval mind-control orb, right? The Animuses are based on PoE technology. A Medieval Animus isn't out of the question.

The Shroud of Turin and the Staff of Eden are capable of storing memories. Why aren't other objects, too? If these seals are Pieces of Eden, and I doubt they're anything other than, they're probably like human USB drives. Short memories from any point in life could be stored and viewed by others.

Theoretically, people like Mario and Federrico who allegedly never had children could store memories, and people like Altair who've already had all their children could continue to pass on memories. And, theoretically, more than just the bloodline of that person can view the memories, unless, of course, there's some type of DNA lock.

IIwangcarsII
05-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Its neither of them, its a multiplayer character.

iN3krO
05-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:

Not sure what you're saying exactly but if you mean give the player more options, I very much agree (and a return of some semblance of balance).

Where? Link? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean to make the game balanced but incentiving the stealthy making it not imposible but hard and time cosuptiom to do the missions thought brute way if you have no combat skills...

I think you missed my post:

Originally by daniel_gervide:
just want a game that requires skill to be able to chose anyway you want...

Like in Ac1:

When i played it the first time i had to be stealthy cuz if i didn't i would meet guards and i wasn't good in combats... Now i just try to keep stealthy cuz i think it's funnier keep in the shadows and cuz i really want to follow the creed (which is in the name of the game), but i can chose to be stealthy or pull out and kill guards cuz i'm skilled enought to....

Resume: add the freedoom of chosing stealthy or combats for skilled players.

How to do it?
- Remove sword like combos with hiden blade (don't remove the killstreaks)
- Make guards able to do what they used to do in ac1 (templairs used to grab you or break your defense....) when they are in group they could just hold you how the fast guards do at ac:B...
- Make guards attacks as powerfull as our attacks (Brutos in ac2 are ripped of with 3 sword attacks while they need to hit you like 8 times with the axe)...
- Increanse the time for aiming with the gun and increanse the time that a arrow needs to reach the target.... Make the knife velocity similar to ac1 so that you need to have skill to know when you can throw knifes or not.
- Remake guards able to say where did you go after beating them (you needed to use hidden blade to finish with them) (They would be crying in the ground only if they are beaten with non-letal attacks like in ac1)...

The killstreaks are nice cuz they require skill to have timmings to do counter attacks when someone is going to attack you, oh and i want to say that ubisoft did a good work in that part except that even if you didn't killed the guy you were killing before the counter-attack he still deaths but i hope they can fix this for revelations...

If someone thinks that only skilled ppl should have the right to chose what they want to do is unfair please give me the arguments :S