PDA

View Full Version : P47D rudder

CraytonRoberts
01-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I note that the P47D in the game does not have the "addon" off a fairing ahead of the rudder. I have an old friend who transitioned from the razorback to the D and the consensus of the pilots was its unforgiving satllas with a rudder turn The first configuration of the new D, then, had to be modified with a prominent dorsal fin. That corrected the handling fault. Why isn't it modelled?
Boib Roberts

CraytonRoberts
01-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I note that the P47D in the game does not have the "addon" off a fairing ahead of the rudder. I have an old friend who transitioned from the razorback to the D and the consensus of the pilots was its unforgiving satllas with a rudder turn The first configuration of the new D, then, had to be modified with a prominent dorsal fin. That corrected the handling fault. Why isn't it modelled?
Boib Roberts

jayarbro
01-15-2004, 07:09 PM
The tail fillet was added to later models , first as a field modification & then standard on the N model at the end of the war. The Ns had some big engine problems and needed alot of work which is probably why they aren't modeled.

LeadSpitter_
01-15-2004, 08:09 PM
there are no unrecoverable stalls or flat spins anymore becuase of the arcaders here who want a cfs with good graphics, theres no overcompensating the rudder,you can fly practically sideways in everyplane without stalling like todays aerobatics craft that have tons of power to weight, carbon fiber airframe, extended alierons rudder and elevator.

Some day one of these programmers will get a more realistic flight sim and have vintage warbird pilots help with the sim but until then il2 FB is currently the best available even with the ammount of problems from sound non working essential gauges to fm movement characteristics.

http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LSIG.txt
VIEW MY PAINTSCHEMES HERE (http://www.il2skins.com/?planeidfilter=all&planefamilyfilter=all&screenshotfilter=allskins&countryidfilter=all&authoridfilter=%3ALeadspitter%3A&historicalidfilter=all&Submit=+++Apply+filters++&action=list&ts=1072257400)