PDA

View Full Version : why put it out if its not going to content

xxxnaticusxxx
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
i like the fact that it has alot of weapons and options.(pretty much the only thing i like)

but the fact is that it is not as good as cod4, why hype it up when there is a game like cod4 out there. the movement and the graphics are no where near what they should be.(and i have a 50 inch hd tv, 1080p)
also the online setup just is not put together as well, by no means. reminds me of DOS on my 20 year old computer.the online play and setup is what people want, that is what the focus should be on.

I was expecting the best shooter of all time. Now i am just waiting on new maps for cod4..............

xxxnaticusxxx
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
i like the fact that it has alot of weapons and options.(pretty much the only thing i like)

but the fact is that it is not as good as cod4, why hype it up when there is a game like cod4 out there. the movement and the graphics are no where near what they should be.(and i have a 50 inch hd tv, 1080p)
also the online setup just is not put together as well, by no means. reminds me of DOS on my 20 year old computer.the online play and setup is what people want, that is what the focus should be on.

I was expecting the best shooter of all time. Now i am just waiting on new maps for cod4..............

spiderman93
03-21-2008, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xxxnaticusxxx:

I was expecting the best shooter of all time. Now i am just waiting on new maps for cod4.............. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COD4= LAME

RSV2=WIN

Rainbow six is amazing whether you like it or not. Just because you dislike a game because you cant run at 50,000 mph and live through a 50.cal sniper bullet. Maybe you shouldn't have bought the game if your cod4 is so much better, if you don't like the game why play it? Why even come to there forums just to bad mouth the game?

R0CKY
03-21-2008, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but the fact is that it is not as good as cod4, why hype it up when there is a game like cod4 out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing. When R6 was a tactical game it ruled the roost because it did it so well. The problem Ubisoft have now is that by taking it down the more mainstream line of game design, they are pitching directly against some really well designed and well put together titles, especially CoD4 as you mention.

Sphynx1982
03-21-2008, 10:10 AM
COD4 = Medal of Honor w/ perks.

Oi_Polloi
03-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I would wet my pants in delight if they brought back the old gimp system,
shot in the leg = walk slower
shot in the arm = bigger reticle.

I wish the maps were less linear like they were in old rainbow too, I don't see where you could bring back the planning stage with these, it would be like "run along the giant hallway and shoot stuff" :P

Chuck_Withers
03-21-2008, 10:31 AM
COD is the same game over and over again, kill nazis until said point in time, this time its kill insurgents untli you all die except well SOAP. The only bad thing about COD 4 was they went from a game with 3-4 countries in it to two, and the game has never been about SF unless its the brits and well it just gets boring after a while.

bhasenpflug
03-21-2008, 10:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oi_Polloi:
I would wet my pants in delight if they brought back the old gimp system,
shot in the leg = walk slower
shot in the arm = bigger reticle.

I wish the maps were less linear like they were in old rainbow too, I don't see where you could bring back the planning stage with these, it would be like "run along the giant hallway and shoot stuff" :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, while I'm having a lot of fun with this game it is a shame that there are a few rooms that only have 1 possible entrance.. doesn't seem to jive with the whole RB6V2 thing.

And while I thought the CoD4 storyline was really nicely told.... the AI in this game as well as RB6V2 are just terrible.

Oi_Polloi
03-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know if it's like it in Rv62 because I didn't test, but in Rv61 it was IMPOSSIBLE for the terrorists to kill the hostages, which is a pretty stark contrast to the old games where if you opened the wrong door hostages were getting their faces melted :P

Library was the best map in the first vegas by far :P I just want a big fat building with lots of rooms and doors.

bhasenpflug
03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
It's possible for them to kill hostages since it happened to me once and only once since I took too long to enter the room. However I've noticed that as soon as you get the terrorists attention (in such that they are shooting you) it seems that they completely ignore the hostages altogether.

Reality88
03-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Pretty sure that's what would happen if you were being fired upon though, I mean its that, or grab the Hostage and utilize it as a sheild.

HeavenlyStrike
03-21-2008, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sphynx1982:
COD4 = Medal of Honor w/ perks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way sphynx's if this was medal of honor it would take entire clips of 50cal to kill you and even the you still wouldnt die. Medal of honor is one of the crappists games ever.

WarHawk722
03-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I think that the RSV2 customization is way better than cod4, especially on the guns. CoD4 rapes rsv2 when it comes to net code though. IMHO the online play should be client side hit detection (i'm already sick of have to lead my shots to compensate for lag).