PDA

View Full Version : coop gunner slot???

stugumby
08-30-2006, 06:57 AM
greetings, joined in on a coop as a betty gunner, when i went fro position to position i hit the ctr autopilot so i couild move the individual guns, plane seemed under manual control of whoever was pilot, and 3 min later we went down in flames, must have collided with wingman. so i guess my question is if flying as gunner isnt the pilot always doing the flying, or did i goof when i used control level autopilot???

FoolTrottel
08-30-2006, 07:49 AM
my question is if flying as gunner isnt the pilot always doing the flying

Yes, he is. But, difference from offline is... You are still the pilot! Meaning: Your joystick still controls the aircraft, there's no Autopilot online... keep yer hands on the stick!

Have Fun!

Tully__
08-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
... You are still the pilot... Only if you originally started the mission in the pilot's position. If you joined as a gunner in the startup screen flying the plane is someone else's problem.

If you're going to choose a gunner slot in coops it's best to make sure you have a key assigned to the "Toggle Level Autopilot" option then once you're in the mission press it until you get the "Autopilot automation on" message at the right of the screen. After that the game automatically turns off autopilot for any position you switch to and automatically turns on autopilot for any position you leave. This way even if you forget the gunner positions un-occupied by humans will still shoot at enemy aircraft under AI control.

Snodrvr
08-30-2006, 12:28 PM
If you have a key set to "level Stabilizer", a must for bombing runs, You can activate it when under attack so you can slide into the back gun. I usually don't fall to far behind the formation doing this, and in a coop chances are the others are doing the same thing.

LEBillfish
08-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Oddly, I remember when FB came out jumping in a gunners seat right off, no pilot and naturally down I went....The answer?....Online the player no matter his position if the only one on the plane will have to pilot it too.

Ok, well the other night I flew with the usual crowd, the host took a gunner seat stating his stick was dead in a betty and stayed there.....I asked him how he could do that? He stated, AI will fly it........Funny thing is AI did.......

Did they change this recently?

FoolTrottel
08-30-2006, 02:48 PM
(...)He stated, AI will fly it........Funny thing is AI did.......

Me thinks, like what Tully stated: If you start in the gunner position, AI will fly the plane. If you start in the Pilot seat, AI won't fly the plane...

Tully__
08-31-2006, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(...)He stated, AI will fly it........Funny thing is AI did.......

Me thinks, like what Tully stated: If you start in the gunner position, AI will fly the plane. If you start in the Pilot seat, AI won't fly the plane... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep. If a coop mission is launched with a human in the pilot seat, no AI pilot for that plane's pilot position. If no human chooses that pilot seat for mission launch, AI is pilot. Always been that way.