PDA

View Full Version : Aerial/acrobatic kill, how close?

Assassinsyk
12-15-2010, 07:51 AM
First: no, im not a roof runner.

But, whenever im attempting an aerial/acrobatic it feels like i have to get very close to my target, maybe even over/on top of them, before the assassinate button appears. No biggie, i adapt, and accept. BUT, so often i get roof assassinated from a roof the other side of the road, leaving me flabbergasted. just now, i had to jump from a beam towards my target (jumping past him, to illustrate the distance) giving me a noob high profile kill instead of an aerial/acrobatic and variety, and making me a ****** (i cant just back out of the kill and act like nothing once ive made myself that obvious). I locked on to him and everything.

The same really goes if my target is fleeing up a wall, i have him locked on and pound the assassinate button all day, but still have to chase him, spilling my points and my honor. Opposite case, I have been ripped down walls and stabbed so many times, so what am i doing different/wrong?

guess you have to have your target on screen to get the assassinate-button or something?

On a second note, am I the only one whos been having trouble stunning lately? Alot of times, i spot an obvious pursuer, throw smoke, get so close i can smell their breath, and no stun option comes up, leaving me getting killed as the moron i am for not smoke/running.

Appreciate any help!

DefiantDiety
12-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Most likely, the things you are experiencing is because of lag. I'd definitely say that if you're being assassinated by someone on a roof across the walkway, that's probably lag.

yellowbeans
12-15-2010, 08:16 AM
I get the no stun option sometimes and scream and run away...only to notice that I had some other player locked on and that's why I couldn't stun my pursuer.

I have had people get aerials on me when I had already noticed a pursuer on a roof and began to move. I usually chock it up to brain and server lag.

Assassinsyk
12-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Hope so. But any "rules" on when square(ps3) appears? I mostly use it to catch up with my target, walking behind and when he rounds a corner ill jump The roof and wait for him from above, and seems i can never get to him if he walks in the middle of the street. Not ready to give up on this tactic, but its getting frustrating that it seems its left to chance.

yellowbeans
12-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Try walkings on the beams and ropes that run between buildings. It will set you up for an acrobatic, and if the target is in the middle of the street, you can easily adjust.

Instead of going high profile to move about on the roofs, you can usually get away with just holding the fast walk button.

In mu opinion, it is A LOT easier to execute aerials on stationary groups.

Try searching for aerial/acrobatic montages on Youtube to learn and adjust your style.

DON'T GIVE UP!!

yellowbeans
12-15-2010, 11:17 AM
That's interesting, I haven't really done any testing, but I thought that vertical distance didn't matter