PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia drivers

J.M.LLOYD
09-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi all. Just a quick question, Does Nvidia supply a driver remover,the same as ATI, or is a matter of relying on Windows Add/Remove system .Thanks.

-HH-Quazi
09-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Add\Remove from the Control Panel m8. If you are running an Nforce Chipset on your mobo, it will be listed as Nvidia Drivers in the Add\Remove list. Once you choose this and click on Remove, you will get a window that allows you to pick and choose exactly which of the Nvidia drivers you want to remove. The Nvidia Display drivers will be in this list.

It your mobo uses some other chipset besides Nvidia such as SiS, VIA, ATI, etc, then the display drivers will be listed in the Add\Remove list as Nvidia Display Drivers, or something to that effect I do believe.

wstreaker
09-11-2006, 08:47 AM
As Quazi stated only way to remove is from the Add/remove programs in control panel. I've been using it a lot in the last few days trying to get rid of the micro-stutters since installing 91.47. I had them with 91.31 as well, but not as bad as 91.47.

I've since downloaded a 91.48 version from laptop2go (I think that was the site) and have gotten it tweaked to get a decent FPS (35 avg in Black Death track)

My system Specs:
Asus P5N32 SLi-Deluxe (Mobo)
P4 660 3.6ghz processor
Corsair Twinx1024 memory (2 matched pair 2GB Total)
2 BFG Tech 7800 GT OC video cards (Stock speed) SLI (SFR Mode)

WildWillie

super71957
09-12-2006, 04:05 PM
You can download a utility called DriverCleaner Pro and run it to.
Some say Windows does not do a complete enough job of removing every bit and piece of old drivers.
Some swear by it , some say not.
I have tried it both ways and did not notice any difference , can"t hurt anything though.
You can find Driver Cleaner Pro at www.guru3d.com (http://www.guru3d.com).
I suggest you look at the readme. before you give it a go.
Good Luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

-HH-Quazi
09-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Just be very careful if you do use DriverCleaner 3 or Pro if you are running an Nforce chipset on your mobo. It is a very powerful program and could very easily delete nVidia drivers you have no intentions of deleting to start with. Again, if your chipset drivers are something other than the NForce shipset drivers, then using DriverCleaner3 or Pro will be alot safer to use to get rid of nVidia Display Drivers. Personally, I would uninstall your nVidia Display Drivers the way they are recommended to be deleted, and this is through the Add\Remove in your Control Panel.

J.M.LLOYD
09-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Thanks Boys, as always, very good advice. Cheers

CrushingMachine
09-17-2006, 07:15 PM
I have found that the 91.47 are working the best for open GL.

50 fps with 8xs and 16x at 1280x960 in perfict mode.