PDA

View Full Version : placing planes on a carrier

jchenry
01-11-2005, 03:11 PM
why is it when i place stationary planes on a stationary carrier that they wind up in the water when i start the mission?THANKS.

R_Mutt
01-11-2005, 03:21 PM
you have to "bind" the planes to the carrier.

When setting the waypoint in the object menu for the plane or group, make sure it's set on "takeoff" than at the bottom press "set" and click on the carrier.

You'll notice the plane and carrier are bound together via a green line, you're all set.

Relentov
01-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Not sure if this applies to static carriers, but this is how you do it for moving carriers (probably no different):

- First off, you don't use static aircraft, use "aircraft"

- As R_Mutt suggests you have to bind them to the carrier - so give the aircraft object one takeoff waypoint, and click the "set" button to link it to the carrier

- Give the aircraft 0 fuel, and empty loadout (or they will drop their bombs and destroy themselves).

- Set the appropriate number of aircraft for that flight (i.e. 1-4)

Depending on the size of the carrier, you can typically put up to two flights, totalling 6-8 aircraft.

Now go and bomb that puppy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Salute!
609_Relentov

heywooood
01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
someone really should make a stickie post of this instruction as well as the gunsight F1 deal and the wheel chocks deal

jchenry
01-11-2005, 07:10 PM
another question .i set up a mission to practice taking off from a moving carrier,but the carrier stops after going a short distance. how can i keep it going for a further distance?THANKS...

heywooood
01-11-2005, 07:41 PM
apply more carrier waypoints...or just stretch the distance between the first and last one...

Note the time at each waypoint..you should match the landing aircraft waypoint to the carriers waypoint at the rendezvous...if you like that sort of thing.