PDA

View Full Version : ACR feels empty

Yairo809
12-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Anyone else think that this game felt kind of empty, like the fun assassination, courtesans, and thieve missions. Not only because of this but because the game itself doesnt feel organic, remember what shaun says in brotherhood "change is life, when things become static it means they're dead". Which is what assassins creed feels like now.

Assassins creed hasnt changed much at all since ac2 and this could be because of the annual releases where the developers dont have the time to really make thought out missions, there was so much potential in this game. With the new exotic locale, the new set of characters and new templar enemies.

Then the biggest disappointment of all being the mysterious subject 16 finally appearing before desmond and not explaining absolutely anything about everything we find out in acb and ac2. This is what irked me the most, i know im being kinda negative about the game but i just feel like the assassins creed series is becoming what call of duty is from ubisofts greed. This is by far my most favorite and cherished series of all time and i do not wanna see it ruined.

S-EVANS
12-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Its not empty, you just dont need 70% of whats in it. you need a doctor and a hidden blade the rest takes care of itself...

gamertam
12-03-2011, 07:06 PM
AC2 was and probably will be a tough act to follow. Assassin's Creed Revelations didn't feel empty to me in term of gameplay. ACR is more about ending all three main character's i.e Desmond, Altair and Ezio story in my opinion.

I think after ACIII, they will slow down a bit just a guess.

Yairo809
12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
yes that is true but it shouldnt feel like less we should be overwhelmed with content as a final goodbye to our beloved ezio >:\. i guess what im really trynna say is that i was super excited playing the game in the beginning then after sequence 3 everything went downhill. the ending was incredible, but the last sequences were too story driven and ended up being mostly cutscenes. its frustrating paying so much money and feel underwhelmed by an assassins creed game

VexedRelic
12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
They are just standalone expansion of AC2 so you can't really expect much. My guess is that they started working on AC3 shortly after AC2 and had a small team work on Brotherhood and Revelations, in many ways I think they created those games just to test features and possibly improve them for AC3.

Still though, I liked AC1 more because you approached your targets to assassinate them and not storm some castle with troops where you were expected in AC2, although that was not always the case but it still happened a lot.

Yairo809
12-03-2011, 07:31 PM
hmm never thought bout it like that but we all know by the credits of this game that the people who made acr was definitely not a small team. so many names lol had to be over, dare i say it...9000!

MaKaVeLiTL
12-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by VexedRelic:
They are just standalone expansion of AC2 so you can't really expect much. My guess is that they started working on AC3 shortly after AC2 and had a small team work on Brotherhood and Revelations, in many ways I think they created those games just to test features and possibly improve them for AC3.

Still though, I liked AC1 more because you approached your targets to assassinate them and not storm some castle with troops where you were expected in AC2, although that was not always the case but it still happened a lot.
I hope you're right, AC3 is supposed to be well into development, which hopefully means they've been working on it for a couple of years at least.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2011, 11:03 PM
I definitely thought the game was lack luster.