PDA

View Full Version : AI keeps crashing on landing!

B4t4v14n
04-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Hi all...

Had this problem since start playing the game about 6 months ago.
If i fly as Red/Blue 2, or 6 and land at an airfield the AI behind me (4, 5, 7, 8)just keep crashing as if they try to follow me to land, but instead landing at the airstrip they land on the fields around with their nose down...then BOOM, sometimes they survived but thats rare.

anyone have solutions for this?

any possibilities the next patch 4.09 will change the Superhuman AI?

flyingloon
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
you have to use comms orders to tell them to rtb, or at the least break formation, otherwise they obediently follow you down.

VW-IceFire
04-07-2008, 09:29 AM
If you're using the autopilot once your flight reaches the last waypoint it will automatically enter the landing pattern. If you're not using autopilot and you're the leader of the flight then you need to let your wingmen know that its time to land. Otherwise they are still in combat ready formation. Yes the AI is not too big on self preservation but they are big on following orders.

B4t4v14n
04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Forgot to mention...if i fly as Red/Blue 1,3,5,7 no problem since i can order my wingman to break of or land. Comms order is not possible as wingman (2,4,6,8).

is autopilot the only solutions? i had try not to use them at all, any way to "trick" the AI?

thanks for the reply btw...

RockyAlexander
04-07-2008, 09:35 PM
This usually happens after the flight leader is shot down. The #2 man doesn't have the option to order the flight, so they don't know anything but to stay on your ***. It's frustrating indeed and I don't believe there is a fix. I deal with it by flying as either 1 or 4.

B4t4v14n
04-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Problem solved!

Yes...the autopilot, Red/Blue 1,2,3,4 i'm 2, once flight reaches last waypoint use autopilot for a while until 3,4 enter landing pattern then off autopilot. i can land without 3 and 4 crashing.

terima kasih