PDA

View Full Version : Increase in glitches/bugs/lag lately?

Max Von Karnage
01-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Ahoy,

Long term listener, first time caller. I just wanted to know whether anyone else was having strange glitches and bugs in Multiplayer lately?

These include:

1)NPCs popping in and out of view randomly.
2)Joining a group, only for 2 or three NPCs to just appear suddenly and wander off.
3)Killing someone, only for them to wander off and then suddenly die 30 seconds later
4)Going through the stun animation only for the other person to not get stunned.
5)Other player personas gliding around instead of walking
6)obvious lag issues where other players jerk around

I've only started noticing this increase since the implimentation of the Rome at Dusk map, however I'm concerned that the issue might be the internet my end. Is there any way I can tell for sure? (the above happens regardless of whether I Join or Create a game, if that matters at all). I never had these problems when I first started playing. Has anyone else noticed a increase in issues lately?

BigDaddyJMG
01-14-2011, 03:40 AM
I've experienced all of those recently. I didn't connect it to the Rome at Dusk map but you may be right.

mccreight_L
01-14-2011, 03:49 AM
There was a recent region lock that they fixed, however since the new update that they brought out with a fix for the region lock there has been a lot more noticeable issues. The main issue being that your persona is resetting every time you disconnect from ACB MP. I've also came across numerous bugs & glitches of late which Ubisoft have already been informed about.

Ubisoft has been made aware of all these issue and are trying to fix it even as I type this no doubt.

BeCk41
01-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by mccreight_L:
There was a recent region lock that they fixed, however since the new update that they brought out with a fix for the region lock there has been a lot more noticeable issues. The main issue being that your persona is resetting every time you disconnect from ACB MP. I've also came across numerous bugs & glitches of late which Ubisoft have already been informed about.

Ubisoft has been made aware of all these issue and are trying to fix it even as I type this no doubt.

Oh my goodness yes! I experience some of these bugs all the time! But I saw some of them way before the new map came out, so I think it's just the program trying to track everyones movements all at once. Or it could just simply be your connection problems, since mine is also weak and only get's a few bars sometimes. It can't always be perfect. I noticed in Red Dead Redemption a while back playing multiplayer, that it was constantly lagging, when one character was one place and all of a sudden their running in another was very common on my screen.

Phyxsius-
01-14-2011, 05:32 AM
Question:

Anyone else experiencing break-ups in groups? After latest patch?
I`d take any advice or explanation at this point.

1. I start and create a group - for simplicity only me and another person
2. Launch
3. I end up alone in the chosen lobby of Manhunt
4. The person is in a separate WANTED game... (or so it writes on their name)
4*. The same person with which I played and grouped the day before.

4.1. Having this with only one person :
5. Invite and make group normally
6. It would drop the person on the way.. never was I able to play with her
6.1. We ARE compatible as she friended me from within a Wanted session which we played together - so this means we are compatible, since we were in the same game at the same time.

Elatreus
01-14-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has seen an increase in glitches.

It started with me when I downloaded the latest 2.02 patch. Before I downloaded the patch, I encountered next to no glitches, bugs, lagg issues. But now I find MP much more buggy after the patch.

I thought patches were meant to fix bugs, not make more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Just Krispy
01-14-2011, 09:04 AM
The game has been extremely "twitchy" for me the last 2 days. I have been lagging out of more games than I finish and there are many many glitchy things...my character will disappear in the assassinate animation so my pursuer is killing air...On the team loading screen I hear the regular music and chase music on the before the game even starts..random names go floating across my screen....

Inorganic9_2
01-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Definately a LARGE increase in glitches since the region lock patch came out.

Mr_Shade
01-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Just to remind you all...

Please make sure that you report any and all bugs / glitches you spot to Ubisoft Support.

Please do not just post them on the forum, since this is not a direct replacement for Support.

The Support team collate these issues and pass them on to the Dec Team - this can help in developing fixes.

lynx_1985
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Just now I was on my other account trying to obtain Extreme Variety for my trophy, for the last two minutes of a match I could not interact with anybody nor could they interact with me. They would try to kill me and I'd dodge it, I would go to stun or kill them and the same thing would happen. One person even poisned me and I was running round the last minute of the game with the distorted green screen you get when you have been poisned.

Never happened before!

Dannomight
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Just to remind you all...

Please make sure that you report any and all bugs / glitches you spot to Ubisoft Support.

Please do not just post them on the forum, since this is not a direct replacement for Support.

The Support team collate these issues and pass them on to the Dec Team - this can help in developing fixes.

With all the lag, glitches, being sent to separate groups, etc, that I have reported to Ubisoft, all they've ever told me is to contact Sony directly.

obliviondoll
06-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I've noticed all of these got worse right after the patch that was released just before the Da Vinci DLC.

And have said so multiple times.

And have reported it to Support (in March, soon after it happened)

And have had no indication that my report is being treated as anything but a standalone incident. At all. Ever. First few contacts received stock responses that didn't sound like me question had been read at all, then when I was finally asked to try things that were relevant to fixing the problem I was actually asking about, they started off suggesting things I'd not only already tried, but already SAID I already tried. Then they moved on to things I hadn't tried yet which still haven't worked.

I'm about 3 weeks from having a network upgrade here though, so I've said that if there's nothing else they can come up with before then, I'm willing to wait and see if that does anything to improve matters (I'm expecting it not to though, the issue is pretty obviously with the game's netcode more than with my ISP, when it ran perfectly right before the patch, then turned to $#*% right after it, and hasn't got better since).

Dannomight
06-20-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm glad it's not just me having those experiences with support. They make me feel like I'm taking crazy pills, asking me to do things like change my NAT type or forward ports that I've already done (for a CONSOLE game no less). Then it's just the same stock responses every time. When I indicated 'Please respond to this question' they don't, and just check it off as solved.

It's been one of my worst support/service experiences in many years.

JTS_812
06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Had the fun Stun Glitch today, where nobody can kill but both can stun and get no points for anything. It was hilarious, could not stop laughing, especially at the double stuns http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif .

Just Krispy
06-20-2011, 03:16 PM
One thing that has been happening quite a bit is when I spawn into a game for the first time I can't move. I have no contract and I am frozen. I lasts for about 10 seconds.

SleezeRocker
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
The most common glitchesI get are:

-Starting a game but frozen, in a spot, and when im live (playing), Im already shanked

- I have been getting killed through smoke bomb recently. I time it right, I see the guy coughing, but I "punch", and then suddenly it's invalid and I end up dying, and it sucks that I lose 200 SOLID pts but oh well.

I had one WEIRD glitch where my compass didn't have the highlight..focus..thing, instead...I ACTUALLY get a Radar! Yeah example:

contract is The footpad, buti nstead of having the little guiding beacon, I have numbers.
So every step I take getting CLOSE to my opponent, the numbres decrease (and possibly vice versa) Now I find the foot pad in a crowd of himself, and 1 other alike and 1 Barber.

As I walk up, the number(s) decrease I head towards the live players, but the number doesn't change if I approach the NPC O_o?

After I killed footpad, my compass went back to the Beacon light setup. It was cool but very weird (also highly unfair if you ask me, never happened till now so I just went along)

CarnivalBox
06-20-2011, 05:11 PM
I was in an asa match earlier where the weirdest thing happened. I got my contract and killed him, but when I was done killing him, the asa-compass didn't show up. So I tried locking onto someone, and the normal compass came up. So I thought "ok so everything's cool now", but when I release, I get the normal compass on the same character I killed earlier AND the asa compass around the normal compass. So I had my victim as target once again, plus the other compass. It was really weird haha.

sht4brainz
06-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Alot more teleporting going on today. Unless someone unlocked the Superman's Cape perk, there's no way you can fly from the ground to the top of a building in a matter of a split second. Started last night and forced me to rage .

brotherhood511
06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
I've noticed A LOT of times recently where i've gone to assassinate my target and they dodged out of the way. No way is it a new glitch, but its been happening more and more lately.

I also hate when you have to double stun someone, where you press stun but it resets mid animation, so you have to do it again. Wastes a few precious seconds... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

LadyGahan2010
06-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by lynx_1985:
Just now I was on my other account trying to obtain Extreme Variety for my trophy, for the last two minutes of a match I could not interact with anybody nor could they interact with me. They would try to kill me and I'd dodge it, I would go to stun or kill them and the same thing would happen. One person even poisned me and I was running round the last minute of the game with the distorted green screen you get when you have been poisned.

Never happened before!

THIS has been happening to me very often in the last 2 weeks or so.
Never had any significant number of glitches until about 2 weeks ago. Since then they never stop. Since last night I keep getting "network difficulties and the choppy lag to the point I can't play. I really hope Ubi isn't fiddling with live servers when developing the Revelations multi... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

lynx_1985
06-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lynx_1985:

Never happened before!

THIS has been happening to me very often in the last 2 weeks or so.
Never had any significant number of glitches until about 2 weeks ago. Since then they never stop. Since last night I keep getting "network difficulties and the choppy lag to the point I can't play. I really hope Ubi isn't fiddling with live servers when developing the Revelations multi... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have also been experiencing lock ups of my PS3...

Yes it really does need fixing I have had it were I have gone to kill some one and they dodged me or they have gone to kill me and I have dodged them (without the use of smoke etc) on the odd occassion once. Nothing continuous like I experienced earlier today along with the fact I was poisoned and didn't die.

Great game but many glitches (most annoying in manhunt when people lock pursuers the stun prompt doesn't appear sometimes, disabling your ability to interact and stun, compass disappearing after using disguise when spawned etc)

AwkwardlyBruta
06-20-2011, 07:32 PM
I've been experiencing more glitches also, maybe more people are playing because Revelations is almost out so the servers are having a harder time with the increase of strain or something?

Stowdace
06-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Only been seeing 5 and 6.

LadyGahan2010
06-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by lynx_1985:

I have also been experiencing lock ups of my PS3...

Yup, up to three times a day, and half the room experiences it too at the same time, so it is not playstation itself for sure.

cptn_k
06-21-2011, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
- I have been getting killed through smoke bomb recently. I time it right, I see the guy coughing, but I "punch", and then suddenly it's invalid and I end up dying, and it sucks that I lose 200 SOLID pts but oh well.

Smoke has been completely broke for me lately...

Getting killed through smoke - pursuer just walks through the cloud, even when dropped at right time.
Having my chasing pursuer just run through smoke and continue to chase me.
Dropping smoke for an offensive focus, stood over my target with them coughing, meter filling, another pursuer just walks straight through the smoke and kills my target.

Also had FC fail several times too - dropped right on top of blend group - none of the NPC's bend over to reveal my target.

Compass is also failing many times too - showing targets are somewhere they are clearly not.
Not showing the direction of the target.
Not changing to show moving targets.
Not dropping the last target's location when they get killed.

Guess the glitches are getting more common now UBI aren't bothering about ACB MP anymore.