PDA

View Full Version : OMG Ezio's Turkish Assassin armor

Nader-Abudiix
09-28-2011, 03:01 AM
hey i just found this picture at assassins creed wikia and damn the armor looks awesome, shame no pre order where i live so i have to wait if they bring it as a dlc later on

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110927124348/assassinscreed/images/thumb/3/38/Turkish_Assassin_Armor.png/283px-Turkish_Assassin_Armor.png

Blind2Society
09-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Definitely some badass looking armor. Wish I didn't have to wait for dlc as well.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Definitely some badass looking armor. Wish I didn't have to wait for dlc as well.

Maybe when or if...probably when, lol, they release DLC they'll throw it in like they did with Brotherhood?

Blind2Society
09-28-2011, 04:16 AM
I sure hope so. though it would be even better if it was a uplay skin not long after release.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 04:20 AM
I sure hope so. though it would be even better if it was a uplay skin not long after release.

Oh, I forgot all about those! That would be cool

Marios725
09-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Now this Costume is awesome! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Im deffo gonna get the special edition!

notafanboy
09-28-2011, 07:51 AM
i guess i┤ll have to wait for DLC

dxsxhxcx
09-28-2011, 07:59 AM
I didn't like it... :P

superkootje
09-28-2011, 09:18 AM
I think Drachen Armor was better.
But this is better then Brutus anyways...

Markie577
09-28-2011, 09:19 AM
It looks.... heavy. But i really like the facemask!!!

BK-110
09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
While I prefer the standard Revelations armor, this one is pretty badass as well!

PirateRob
09-28-2011, 10:53 AM
am i right in thinking that this skin isnt included in the animus edition?

thedeadman_47
09-28-2011, 11:42 AM
that pic just made drop a tear. great .very great pic thanks for posting it

joelsantos24
09-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Very lame, if you ask me. I'm sort of biased for the more classic armors/robes, in other words, I'm all for assassin's white. The only custom dye which I came to appreciate, was the ebony's robes in Assassin's 2.

Th3spian777
09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
No it's included, that's why it's so amazing, it has EVERYTHING

PirateRob
awesome my mistake http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
Originally posted by Emotionisdead:
Really? Awesome. This armor looks great.

SleezeRocker
09-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Looks ok, I can wait for the addon later on.

Though I like the face mask more..it's like mysterious/deadly as the Harlequin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Serrachio
09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
To be honest... I hate the black in it.

I would much prefer that the black was replaced with teal, seeing as it is a colour favoured more by the Turkish Assassins, as you can see on Yusuf Tazim's turban.

I get the whole reason behind the black, as Ezio is the Mentor of the Order and all, but then again, it is named the 'Turkish Assassin Armor' and not the 'Grand Master Turkish Armor'.

RzaRecta357
09-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Man, that mask and stuff is badass. I'm seriously angry I can't get that edition in Canada. I want that and the doctor skin more than anything.

Is there a place I can at least ORDER that edition?

Animuses
09-28-2011, 02:13 PM
It looks awesome, especially the mask, but I wish it didn't look so heavy.

Biomedical-Fire
09-28-2011, 02:21 PM
No, the Animus Edition does not come with the Turkish Assassins armor. It comes with the Armor of Brutus, only the Special Edition comes with the Turkish Assassins armor.

rileypoole1234
09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
That's brilliant! It comes with the special edition correct? It looks very very good. Better than the Brutus armour, but we haven't seen the equivalent to that yet right?

Voltige2011
09-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Looks more like actual armor than an outfit. If this is actual armor that be so cool. It be even cooler if we can mix and match with previous armor pieces from other games in a DLC or something. Helmshmeid chest plate, suesenhoffer boots, and everything else on turkish armor seems to be the best thing in my mind now.
On a side note how about we get to dress our recruits in this.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emotionisdead:
Really? Awesome. This armor looks great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're talking about the animus edition, then no it doesn't. Only the special.

joelsantos24
09-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
No, the Animus Edition does not come with the Turkish Assassins armor. It comes with the Armor of Brutus, only the Special Edition comes with the Turkish Assassins armor.
It's not an armor, it's an outfit (or a skin, if you will), it does nothing to improve your protection, which to me was always pathetic, because if it says "armor of Alta´r", then it should effectively work as one.

Side-note: Just a quick question, how many special editions will there be? I mean, aren't they just taking this a little bit too far? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
It's not an armor, it's an outfit (or a skin, if you will), it does nothing to improve your protection, which to me was always pathetic, because if it says "armor of Alta´r", then it should effectively work as one.

Side-note: Just a quick question, how many special editions will there be? I mean, aren't they just taking this a little bit too far? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah there are:

Special Edition
Gamestop Signature edition
Ultimate bundle edition
Collector's Edition
Templar Edition
Animus Edition

For more info, just look up Assassin's Creed Revelations on the wikia

joelsantos24
09-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
Yeah there are:

Special Edition
Ultimate bundle edition
Collector's Edition
Templar Edition
Animus Edition

Wow... I think that's way too much, between all the bonus robes/singleplayer bonus missions/bonus multiplayer characters, can we assume we're really playing the same game? There should just be one special edition and one ordinary edition. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LightRey
09-28-2011, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emotionisdead:
Really? Awesome. This armor looks great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're talking about the animus edition, then no it doesn't. Only the special. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
crap. Oh well, I'll get a hold of it somehow.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 04:41 PM
@Lightrey: just wait, it'll be available soon. the dlc for the Special isn't that great...get the gamestop edition, and then it'll come out. When it will, I have no idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
Yeah there are:

Special Edition
Ultimate bundle edition
Collector's Edition
Templar Edition
Animus Edition

Wow... I think that's way too much, between all the bonus robes/singleplayer bonus missions/bonus multiplayer characters, can we assume we're really playing the same game? There should just be one special edition and one ordinary edition. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why couldn't you be on the marketing team instead.

Voltige2011
09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
@Lightrey: just wait, it'll be available soon. the dlc for the Special isn't that great...get the gamestop edition, and then it'll come out. When it will, I have no idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
Yeah there are:

Special Edition
Ultimate bundle edition
Collector's Edition
Templar Edition
Animus Edition

Wow... I think that's way too much, between all the bonus robes/singleplayer bonus missions/bonus multiplayer characters, can we assume we're really playing the same game? There should just be one special edition and one ordinary edition. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why couldn't you be on the marketing team instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It would be a good idea if we could pick and choose our bonuses, but that may not work well after a while. The brutus armor may actually get some sales if they put it with the master robes, took off the battle skirt thing, and Ezio figured out how to take off the pelt. Be the best surprise if they had Impaler armor that we could take apart. Multiple armors with the same stat value may cover up for not letting us go around in just robes. Since its completely absurd that we couldn't be hit.

Blind2Society
09-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I just wanted to say that I don't think the mask is part of the skin. I think that is simply a placeholder because they didn't have Ezio done by the time they finished the armor. I could be wrong but I think it's a placeholder.

RzaRecta357
09-28-2011, 08:02 PM
I just wanted to say that I don't think the mask is part of the skin. I think that is simply a placeholder because they didn't have Ezio done by the time they finished the armor. I could be wrong but I think it's a placeholder.

I hope you're wrong because the mask is what makes it so cool.

rileypoole1234
09-28-2011, 08:06 PM

Why would they release a picture of just the mask and hood early on then? I hope you're wrong as well hahah. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Blind2Society
09-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey, I hope I'm wrong too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oh and Rza, what part of under 15kb don't you understand? If you want I can make that image into an avatar that is within the rules for ya.

Here this'll do it.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4408/plaguedoctormaskbyoperg.jpg

SleezeRocker
09-28-2011, 08:11 PM
For those of us who aren't getting the turkey Armor (lol), im sure you can wait about 2months for an addon.

I just hope you guys aren't crazy to buy the armor itself for like above 15$ on ebay.

lol

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey, I hope I'm wrong too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oh and Rza, what part of under 15kb don't you understand? If you want I can make that image into an avatar that is within the rules for ya.

Here this'll do it.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4408/plaguedoctormaskbyoperg.jpg

Haha, I'm just to lazy to resize something and kept googling plague doctor pictures and hoping they wouldn't catch me. But alas, they did and even gave me trouble for hotlinking.

So, thanks Blind! I appeciate it bruva!

Serrachio
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
In my honest opinion, I think that the hood of the Brutus outfit needs changing so that it doesn't look so flimsy, along with the red of the outfit being a darker shade, and the fur pauldron covering over both shoulders while showing off the armour that would be underneath it.

I also feel that the insignia on it needs reworking slightly to give it a more 'roman Assassin' feel, while still retaining a connection to the eagle that it has now, that's flying from the belt.

For the eagle on his shoulder, it could be changed to a wolf, because he was idolized by the Followers of Romulus.

Maybe we could see an actual weapon sheath as a part of it too, ivory perhaps?

joelsantos24
09-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Totally agreed.

SteelCity999
09-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Looks very Genghis Kahn-ish...or at least it seems to take cues from the orient...definitely better than the Rug of Brutus.

E-Zekiel
09-29-2011, 05:54 PM
The mask I like. But I like being an assassin. I don't feel it appropriate for assassins to outright wear a suit of armor, therefore I'm honestly not so sad after all at not being able to get this armor.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 08:23 PM
@E-Zekiel
I kind of agree with you. I was disappointed when I first saw the picture.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Assassin's in real life during the time of swords and melee combat most definately wore armor. If they wanted to survive after the assassination, that is. You know the whole idea of sneaking up to the target in nothing but a robe and then free-running away did not exist at all. Most assassinations were simple run in and fight the guy to death affairs. In fact, history has shown that that is the most practical approach.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Assassin's in real life
Too bad the fictional Assassin Order were the only assassins being brought up.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Assassin's in real life
Too bad the fictional Assassin Order were the only assassins being brought up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, what was being brought up was, once again "AC1 gameplay was SOOOOOOO realistic and historically accurate.".

So I explained why it is really not. I have no problem with the game being unrealistic, but honestly, a skilled killer wearing armor to a swordfight is not unrealistic.

Disclaimer: I exagerrated what people say about AC1, obviously, but that's the gist of it.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 09:29 PM
If I was trying to kill someone, I would wear armor.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Actually, what was being brought up was, once again "AC1 gameplay was SOOOOOOO realistic and historically accurate."
You just assumed that.

joelsantos24
09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Actually, what was being brought up was, once again "AC1 gameplay was SOOOOOOO realistic and historically accurate.".

So I explained why it is really not. I have no problem with the game being unrealistic, but honestly, a skilled killer wearing armor to a swordfight is not unrealistic.

Disclaimer: I exagerrated what people say about AC1, obviously, but that's the gist of it.
This is nonsensical, what do you mean by "(...) the whole idea of sneaking up to the target in nothing but a robe and then free-running away did not exist at all (...)"? And how is it that you assumed that Alta´r did not use an armor? We do see him wear bits and pieces of one, of leather, which was the real "practical" material used, specially if you're an assassin and you have to hit a target in the middle of a square filled with enemies, and if you aim to survive, that is. Being an assassin means that you would most definitely stand severely outnumbered and outgunned, most of the times, which means that the hit and run approach was definitely the most logical tactic.

That was the same strategy used by the samurai in pre-industrial Japan, they would kill their target and if confronted with several opposing enemies, they would run and only turn back in order to face their opponents one by one. In a group of running people, one very basic principle rules that some will most definitely be faster than others, specially through long runs and through uneven terrain, so they would use this tactic in order to try to balance the numbers by simply trying to face them one by one. You run, then try to kill the one fastest and closest to you and you run again, and so on, until you lose them, kill them all or get killed trying. That's how it was done.

E-Zekiel
10-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

If I was trying to kill someone, I would be as mobile as possible. And if I was an assassin, I would try to blend as much as possible.

Armor works against both of these ideals - for me, at least. Not saying you are wrong, just that this armor is not to my taste.

joelsantos24
10-02-2011, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
If I was trying to kill someone, I would be as mobile as possible. And if I was an assassin, I would try to blend as much as possible.

Armor works against both of these ideals - for me, at least. Not saying you are wrong, just that this armor is not to my taste.
Agreed. Assassin's 1 was definitely the most credible perspective in that regard, Assassin's 2 and Brotherhood were a joke, specially after Ezio got all those sofisticated pieces of more elaborate armors at his disposal. Try to imagine one trying to escape several enemies in hot pursuit of you, escalating a buiding, or running through a city, for that matter, in a full metal armor. Mobility is the key concept here, like E-Zekile pointed out, and Ezio is everything except mobile.

Alta´r's body protection pieces, made of leather, will provide protection, albeit limited, of course, but will able one to be as mobile as possible, which is not only useful but necessary.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Armor works against both of these ideals - for me, at least. Not saying you are wrong, just that this armor is not to my taste. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, as stated many times before, wearing weapons and an armor will do little to affect one's ability to blend with a crowd, besides that there are more than enough kinds of armors out there that barely inhibit movement and still offer great protection of vital organs.

CRUDFACE
10-02-2011, 07:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Armor works against both of these ideals - for me, at least. Not saying you are wrong, just that this armor is not to my taste. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, as stated many times before, wearing weapons and an armor will do little to affect one's ability to blend with a crowd, besides that there are more than enough kinds of armors out there that barely inhibit movement and still offer great protection of vital organs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as countered before, they make you stick out and people will pay attention to someone walking around with an armory. But if you notice in AC2 Ezio only gets some plates on his armor, inlaid with armor or only have a few pieces with them.

It's possible to move around in all of that. And it looks like the armor itself is thin, never meant for full on war, which is why you take damage as you do.

Ac1 may have been the best with how Altair moved, but Ezio can manage with what he wears.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 08:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Actually, as stated many times before, wearing weapons and an armor will do little to affect one's ability to blend with a crowd, besides that there are more than enough kinds of armors out there that barely inhibit movement and still offer great protection of vital organs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as countered before, they make you stick out and people will pay attention to someone walking around with an armory. But if you notice in AC2 Ezio only gets some plates on his armor, inlaid with armor or only have a few pieces with them.

It's possible to move around in all of that. And it looks like the armor itself is thin, never meant for full on war, which is why you take damage as you do.

Ac1 may have been the best with how Altair moved, but Ezio can manage with what he wears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not much of a counter if all you say is the opposite of what I said.

CRUDFACE
10-02-2011, 08:36 AM

Ac1 may have been the best with how Altair moved, but Ezio can manage with what he wears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not much of a counter if all you say is the opposite of what I said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is what a counter is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif and I gave reason in my post. We talked about it before when I brought up how you'd notice someone such as Altair Ezio walking down the street.

Besides, a weapon, and a variety of unconcealed weapons attracts attention. If I notice the gun on a cop, tehn I can definitely notice someone with a heavy sheath holding an axe, or a sword dangling from his side without a sheath.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 08:48 AM

Not much of a counter if all you say is the opposite of what I said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is what a counter is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif and I gave reason in my post. We talked about it before when I brought up how you'd notice someone such as Altair Ezio walking down the street.

Besides, a weapon, and a variety of unconcealed weapons attracts attention. If I notice the gun on a cop, tehn I can definitely notice someone with a heavy sheath holding an axe, or a sword dangling from his side without a sheath. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The problem with that reasoning is that you expect a cop to have a gun. You don't expect to see a random person somewhere on the street to carry weapons and armor and therefore your brain will not attempt to look for it. Unless you're actually actively trying to pick out the people carrying weapons, you'll probably never going to notice someone with Ezio's getup in a crowd and even then it'd be hard. Humans are really bad at monitoring. We're really good at thinking of on-the-spot solutions to problems, but we absolutely suck at monitoring.

CRUDFACE
10-02-2011, 09:02 AM

Besides, a weapon, and a variety of unconcealed weapons attracts attention. If I notice the gun on a cop, tehn I can definitely notice someone with a heavy sheath holding an axe, or a sword dangling from his side without a sheath. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The problem with that reasoning is that you expect a cop to have a gun. You don't expect to see a random person somewhere on the street to carry weapons and armor and therefore your brain will not attempt to look for it. Unless you're actually actively trying to pick out the people carrying weapons, you'll probably never going to notice someone with Ezio's getup in a crowd and even then it'd be hard. Humans are really bad at monitoring. We're really good at thinking of on-the-spot solutions to problems, but we absolutely suck at monitoring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao, I liked your last line.

You're misunderstanding my original post though. I'm saying that I see the gun, I'm not assuming that it's there. And a cop stands out like Ezio and other assassins do, their outfits are cool, but are easily noticeable, either by the big A on their belts and uniforms or the weapons they carry as well as their vambraces. Ezio wore full on robes that touched the end of his feet, and you won't find anyone wearing that in Rome besides other Master Assassins.

When you don't expect something like that you're actually more drawn to it. It's out of the ordinary and draws attention. Plus in game if you notice people you blend with will turn to you and stare sometimes. Even weirder is that fact that everyone knows who you are as shown when that one guy you talk to to start the templar agent assassination spots you out as the assassin who's always helping people.

It's like if Peter Pan flew around, dripping pixie dust all over the sky only ten feet above you and all you did was say how pretty the star are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

LightRey
10-02-2011, 09:58 AM
lmao, I liked your last line.

You're misunderstanding my original post though. I'm saying that I see the gun, I'm not assuming that it's there. And a cop stands out like Ezio and other assassins do, their outfits are cool, but are easily noticeable, either by the big A on their belts and uniforms or the weapons they carry as well as their vambraces. Ezio wore full on robes that touched the end of his feet, and you won't find anyone wearing that in Rome besides other Master Assassins.

When you don't expect something like that you're actually more drawn to it. It's out of the ordinary and draws attention. Plus in game if you notice people you blend with will turn to you and stare sometimes. Even weirder is that fact that everyone knows who you are as shown when that one guy you talk to to start the templar agent assassination spots you out as the assassin who's always helping people.

It's like if Peter Pan flew around, dripping pixie dust all over the sky only ten feet above you and all you did was say how pretty the star are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Well, you see, that's actually not true. We're only drawn to the things we expect to see, but that are still significant. A police uniform is not unusual to see, you know what it looks like. You notice it because you know what it means and its meaning is significant to you. If someone were wearing a chicken costume the chances you'd notice it in a crowd would be much less, because its meaning is not of any concern. There are no associations of people in chicken costumes with anything that your mind would consider important, so it won't try to look for it and therefore it wouldn't notice.

Really, the only times the mind notices something because it is different from its surroundings is if it's a very basic and obvious difference like if everyone was green except for one person who is red. The difference really needs to be that basic and that extreme in order for it to work, else the mind has to use too much processing to check for differences.

joelsantos24
10-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Actually, as stated many times before, wearing weapons and an armor will do little to affect one's ability to blend with a crowd, besides that there are more than enough kinds of armors out there that barely inhibit movement and still offer great protection of vital organs.
Jesus Christ... :facepalm:

Sometimes I wonder if people actually read what they write, or rather, have any notion and/or sense of what they have just written and the ideas they have just conveyed.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Jesus Christ... :facepalm:

Sometimes I wonder if people actually read what they write, or rather, have any notion and/or sense of what they have just written and the ideas they have just conveyed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sorry? Are you now actually trying to insult me now? It's against the rules you know.

Anyways, I'm not as wrong as you might think. Any psychologist could explain you why I'm right.

donngold
10-02-2011, 03:04 PM
All right kiddies, this isn't a di*k measuring competition

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by donngold:
Wait, it isn't? *puts his pants back on*

joelsantos24
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
:facepalm:

donngold
10-02-2011, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by donngold:
Wait, it isn't? *puts his pants back on* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lulz

Serrachio
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Let's get back on topic shall we now?

Remember, we're discussing the outfit, not armor as a concept.

donngold
10-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Yes good sir. I like it but like the drachen armor, i think it needs less armor

LightRey
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I wish I could get a better look at the hidden blades. I noticed some of the outfits in ACB have different looking hidden blades, so I'd like to see what these look like.

PirateRob
10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
never noticed a difference in the hidden blades myself is it noticeable?

LightRey
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by PirateRob:
never noticed a difference in the hidden blades myself is it noticeable?
It's especially noticeable on the Drachen Armor.

NewBlade200
10-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Whats different?

Serrachio
10-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Whats different?

Read a few replies up and you might find out.

EzioAssassin51
10-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Whats different?

Read a few replies up and you might find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He meant what's different about the blades.

As for the armour, i really like it!!

LightRey
10-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Whats different?
Well for one the bracers are much different from the regular ones, but from the looks of them the blades themselves seemed different too.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I personally liked Ezio's left bracer being different from the right bracer. I also liked the stylized bracer from the Armor of Altiar, but I'm confused as to why it had the same basic model as the other Italian armors.

I wanted to keep the left hidden blade bracer from Brotherhood on the Armor of Brutus, and I'm confused as to why Ezio didn't.

I also would of liked Ezio to have a new hidden blade bracer for ACR, but I guess he wants both bracers to look the same now :P

EzioAssassin51
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
I also would of liked Ezio to have a new hidden blade bracer for ACR, but I guess he wants both bracers to look the same now :P

Naa, chances are, one vambrace is going to be covered with armour, like the previous games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Naa, chances are, one vambrace is going to be covered with armour, like the previous games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I mean, both vambraces in the gameplay demos show Ezio with identical ones. I think that both will be covered in armor.

Which reminds me, I really want to see what armor looks like in ACR.

I have an armor fetish. >.<

LightRey
10-02-2011, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Naa, chances are, one vambrace is going to be covered with armour, like the previous games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I mean, both vambraces in the gameplay demos show Ezio with identical ones. I think that both will be covered in armor.

I have an armor fetish. >.< </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
o.o

*takes a few steps back*

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I didn't use that correctly, I know. :P

I just like seeing the new armors, seeing as I'm one of the people who like the look of them.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I didn't use that correctly, I know. :P

I just like seeing the new armors, seeing as I'm one of the people who like the look of them.
I like them too. I wonder what kind of style they'll have.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I wonder if it'll follow the same upgrade system of

leather < leather with metal < metal < metal with MORE metal

I wouldn't mind something different.

EzioAssassin51
10-02-2011, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

I have an armor fetish. >.< </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, all of the before-game demos show the identical vambraces but in every game, one of them is coverede with armour and the other is normal, as shown in the demos and stuff. Like Brotherhood. The vambraces were the same in the art and the game cover and then in game, one is covered in armour and the other was just like the game cover.

Both won't be covered. One will be though, most likely.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
..in the game, the vambraces Ezio use look like they have already been covered in leather armor. Neither of them have any cool assassin symbol on them like in AC2 or ACB, so I doubt he's gonna get a cool vambrace like in those games.

:P

E-Zekiel
10-02-2011, 09:09 PM

Fair enough, but in regards to your latter point - the armor in the examples I am primarily referring to (both Drachen and Turkish) are a little too much to not significantly affect movement.

Armor of Alta´r (from AC2 and start of AC:B) I felt was a good balance. Highly protective, but covering, as you said, vital areas. The breastplate, for the most part, did not even look like plate from a distance, but perhaps a thick vest of some sort. And of course it had vambraces and boots. Drachen armor covers his entire arms and torso and large portions of his leg. Turkish assassin armor, while not as bad, is very similar in that regard.

In the end, I just feel that the armor isn't assassin-y so much as hooded-knight-y, and wearing it works against my immersion in the game, so I just don't. I was also commenting on my initial disappointment (at that time, only knowing the name of the armor) that I would not get the Turkish Assassin armor. After seeing it, I am not disappointed after all. This is converse to my reaction in AC:B, whereas I heard "drachen armor" and thought "sounds like something too over the top and armor-y" and when pics came out, I was right.

I also have to disagree somewhat with t260z's assessment of Ezio's robes - I think they actually fit very well...With Renaissance Italy. Anywhere else (including Constantinople in the coming AC:R)? Not so much.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Ezio's new robes do fit ACR though. In the E3 demo they looked pretty natural.

E-Zekiel
10-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Ezio's new robes do fit ACR though. In the E3 demo they looked pretty natural.

Oh, I know, and I agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I just meant his AC2 and AC:B robes would not fit, so it's good that they changed.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Yea. I wonder what the armor will be like in ACR.

oh. I already said that.

I still want to know! Tell me UbiSoft! Tell meeeeeeee.

Azugo
10-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Hate it. Makes Ezio look like even more of a warrior, and not an Assassin.

joelsantos24
10-03-2011, 03:07 AM
I wonder if it'll follow the same upgrade system of

leather < leather with metal < metal < metal with MORE metal

I wouldn't mind something different.
Good point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Still, that is what was used back then, so I would not expect that to chance dramatically.

Originally posted by Azugo:
Hate it. Makes Ezio look like even more of a warrior, and not an Assassin.
My feelings exactly. Considering how Assassin's 2 and Brotherhood evolved though, seeing Ezio filled with metal while climbing buildinds jumping off them, running through the city, etc, tarnishes the sense of credibility of the game, on how to be an assassin, mind you.

LightRey
10-03-2011, 04:34 AM

Fair enough, but in regards to your latter point - the armor in the examples I am primarily referring to (both Drachen and Turkish) are a little too much to not significantly affect movement.

Armor of Alta´r (from AC2 and start of AC:B) I felt was a good balance. Highly protective, but covering, as you said, vital areas. The breastplate, for the most part, did not even look like plate from a distance, but perhaps a thick vest of some sort. And of course it had vambraces and boots. Drachen armor covers his entire arms and torso and large portions of his leg. Turkish assassin armor, while not as bad, is very similar in that regard.

In the end, I just feel that the armor isn't assassin-y so much as hooded-knight-y, and wearing it works against my immersion in the game, so I just don't. I was also commenting on my initial disappointment (at that time, only knowing the name of the armor) that I would not get the Turkish Assassin armor. After seeing it, I am not disappointed after all. This is converse to my reaction in AC:B, whereas I heard "drachen armor" and thought "sounds like something too over the top and armor-y" and when pics came out, I was right.

I also have to disagree somewhat with t260z's assessment of Ezio's robes - I think they actually fit very well...With Renaissance Italy. Anywhere else (including Constantinople in the coming AC:R)? Not so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess I agree with you on that. Though I don't think Ezio ever used either of those armors and even if he did, he didn't use them more often than a few times, so I don't think it's that bad.

Chronomancy
10-03-2011, 05:19 AM
How bland, the only thing I like is the mask.

joelsantos24
10-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
How bland, the only thing I like is the mask.
Well, I believe the concepts used in building these armors, particularly the armor of Brutus and this last one, are getting more and more far-fetched, hence the problem. And then we have the issue of how these armors even fit the concept/notion of assassin, or what it means to be one. At least that is my humble opinion.

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Faceplate is going to look epic! This comes with pre-order? Or a special package?

joelsantos24
10-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by dylandidiano:
Faceplate is going to look epic! This comes with pre-order? Or a special package?
I am not sure that is even part of the armor, I think it was merely an aesthetic adornment to the drawing.

phoenix-force411
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Altair's armor is still the best looking armor!

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dylandidiano:
I am not sure that is even part of the armor, I think it was merely an aesthetic adornment to the drawing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well hopefully they include it because it looks really awesome!

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 06:21 PM
You do realize that with enough muscle and the fact that what Ezio carries is only around 125 lbs. that it is completely possible to do what Ezio does?

It's not really unrealistic...

Sarari
10-03-2011, 07:26 PM
I think it looks like crap, same as the Brutus armor.

I don't think you have to download it. Maybe It's one of the those unlock-able armors like Altair's armor and Brutus's armor.

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 07:28 PM
..It's a DLC thing..like the Drachen armor.

And it looks much better than the Brutus armor.

Animuses
10-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Brutus' Armor is like diarrhea in the mouth.
Not that I would know what that would be like, but I guess it's really really horrendous.

Sarari
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
LOL animuses.

And I've never heard of the Drachen armor. Is it better than all the other armors?

naran6142
10-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
LOL animuses.

And I've never heard of the Drachen armor. Is it better than all the other armors?

its in the davinci dlc

its pretty cool but i dont like how the collar is buttoned right up to ezio's chin

joelsantos24
10-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Yes, overrall it is horrendous. I have had the opportunity to refer to this earlier, but it is sad for me to think how awful the armors and/or robes have been, ever since Assassin's 2, particularly the way in which it has stranded from the more classic model, in both looks and colours. Alta´r's armor was brilliant though, but from that point on it became a disaster. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LightRey
10-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I don't really mind skins that aren't Assassin-like as long as they're not part of the ultimate armor, because then it's a little annoying, seeing as it's usually the armor you'd want to be using.

joelsantos24
10-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I suppose that, in historical terms, the Brutus' armor makes sense. Being in Rome it is only logical to have access to a bonus armor related to an ancient Roman assassin, so like I said, in historical terms, it makes sense, even if it does look ridiculous and awful, in my personal opinion.
As for this new Turkish armor, I believe it may also make sense, in that same perspective, since it seems related with the typical Turkish warriors' armors. The problem is, and I believe I am going to repete myself again regarding this detail, you stop being an assassin and become a conventional warrior. But then again, this is just an opinion.

shobhit7777777
10-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Why can't they design an armour around the trademarks of an Assassin rather than a traditional suit of plate armour? A functional yet aesthetically pleasing armour which emphasizes Agility, Speed and Subtlety...IMO the hallmarks of an Assassin in the AC universe. The armour looks cool and all but it resembles something a warrior or a knight might wear..with the heavy segments, the pauldrons and vambraces...something a bit more sleek. Something, which while wearing, you would have no doubt believing that an Assassin would wear this, be able to blend in and run around the roofs at the same time.

joelsantos24
10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Yes, I agree, that is what I meant with "(...) stop being an assassin and becoming a conventional warrior.".

In Assassin's 2 we could clearly and visually acknowledge Ezio as an assassin, his robe/armor system was generally solid and protective while stealthy, (with it's pinnacle coming with the form of Alta´r's phenomenal armor). But then, in Brotherhood, Ezio stopped looking as an assassin all together, with such elaborate armors, which while protecting quite significantly, lacked severely in stealth. The same happens with this Turkish armor, I think.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Am I seriously the only one who likes this look?

This does look like an Assassin, I would just put it in the Heavy Class of Assassins. Or maybe just 'Warrior Assassin' or 'Assassin Warrior'.

Animuses
10-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I definitely like the look. It may be a little too bulky, but it's still cool. It better have that mask though, it's what makes the skin look cool.

joelsantos24
10-05-2011, 04:45 AM
On the other hand, an assassin must be an assassin, not a warrior. Then there is the issue on how to successfully conceal and/or blend oneself amongst the crowd, while wearing that.

phoenix-force411
10-05-2011, 04:38 PM
I think this will be just another cosmetic just like the Helmschmied Armoryou in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It's not gonna make much of a difference in the game unless it is actually an armor you can buy from the blacksmith or unlocked in a hideout.

Jexx21
10-05-2011, 05:04 PM
On the other hand, an assassin must be an assassin, not a warrior. Then there is the issue on how to successfully conceal and/or blend oneself amongst the crowd, while wearing that.

A warrior can be an Assassin. All that you have to do to be an Assassin, is follow the creed. Everything else is fair game as long as you get the the job done.

Ezio is an Assasssin, and an assassin. He can also be a warrior, a thief, <STRIKE>a mage</STRIKE>, a martial artist. Notice that the Assassins don't always just have assassins. La Volpe is a thief mainly, but he is an Assassin. Bartolomeo is a mercenary/warrior mainly, but he is an Assassin. Claudia is the manager of courtesans, but she is an Assassin.

Ezio is an Assassin and an assassin. While wearing this armor he may look like a warrior, but he is still an Assassin, even if he is taking the role of a warrior at the time.

You can blend with the crowd wearing armor easily in those times BTW, seeing as nobles normally had guards.

Calvarok
10-05-2011, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:

A warrior can be an Assassin. All that you have to do to be an Assassin, is follow the creed. Everything else is fair game as long as you get the the job done.

Ezio is an Assasssin, and an assassin. He can also be a warrior, a thief, <STRIKE>a mage</STRIKE>, a martial artist. Notice that the Assassins don't always just have assassins. La Volpe is a thief mainly, but he is an Assassin. Bartolomeo is a mercenary/warrior mainly, but he is an Assassin. Claudia is the manager of courtesans, but she is an Assassin.

Ezio is an Assassin and an assassin. While wearing this armor he may look like a warrior, but he is still an Assassin, even if he is taking the role of a warrior at the time.

You can blend with the crowd wearing armor easily in those times BTW, seeing as nobles normally had guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This.

And Ezio's Seusenhofer armor just looked stylish, elegant, and practical on his Brotherhood robes. I have to say that I liked him better in that than I liked Ezio in AC2 with his max shop armor over his normal robes.

Altair's Assassin's were very regimented in the belief that everything had to be done a certain way. But really, was that the best way of doing things? Altair questioned this, and the seeds he sowed for the next generation reflected his thoughts: follow the creed, however you can.

Incidentally, he even questioned the Creed, and decided that it must be up to the judgement of the Assassin wether an innocent should die if it means thousands more will live, or other tricky creed-related situations.

Animuses
10-05-2011, 05:36 PM
The armor in Brotherhood was crappy, especially the chest guards.

Calvarok
10-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I didn't mind it.

Actually, the Suesenhofer ones were the only ones I truly liked, other than the plain metal ones.

The intricate silver etchings really fit with Ezio's color scheme, IMO.

Pitalla
10-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I still cannot believe that they are giving us the disgusting brutus armor instead of this beauty!

BeCk41
10-06-2011, 05:08 AM
oh wow, could be a whole new look for him ^ ^

HIBEE12
10-06-2011, 05:11 AM
I like it, just the mask upsets me as i prefer to see ezio http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 05:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I didn't mind it.

Actually, the Suesenhofer ones were the only ones I truly liked, other than the plain metal ones.

The intricate silver etchings really fit with Ezio's color scheme, IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The armor in Brotherhood was my favorite armor.

And though it may seem like it, I am NOT a pure Brotherhood fanboi. Brotherhood just clicked in so many ways with me. I do know that the combat in Brotherhood isn't as hard as in AC1, and I don't really like the cape options there are in ACB (besides the plain cape and the Auditore cape I mean).

BeCk41
10-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by HIBEE12:
I like it, just the mask upsets me as i prefer to see ezio http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I think having some sort of mask on should be optional, if he was to have one.

joelsantos24
10-06-2011, 01:45 PM

You can blend with the crowd wearing armor easily in those times BTW, seeing as nobles normally had guards.
Fair enough.

Regarding the blending though, I still disagree. But then again, opinions differ.

DargonisDufaux
10-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I love this armor I think its ashame that none of the US vendors have this included in a pre order bonus of sorts, luckily I did however pre order at gamestop which is the ONLY US vendor it seems that is going to give you vlads blade

Artiphex
10-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Omg, I'm so gonna pre-order the special edition!
In my opinion this looks waaaaay better than the brutus armor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Animuses
10-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Anything is better than Brutus' Armor.

Felix1977
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I have a code for PS3, thios is cool

C112408E
12-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Too bad that it looks horrible in the actual game.

Skuldpt
12-11-2011, 11:33 AM
The Ishak Pasha's Armor is way better, but why did you brought this thread back? It's a old thread! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Skuldpt:
The Ishak Pasha's Armor is way better, but why did you brought this thread back? It's a old thread! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Skuldpt
12-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skuldpt:

Some people just want to watch the world burn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turning the world into a sun???

Serrachio
12-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Skuldpt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skuldpt:

Some people just want to watch the world burn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turning the world into a sun??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a meme. It means that some people are just rebellious for the sake of being rebellious, and its just disappointing.

There's also the sarcastic "Look out, we've got a badass over here!"