PDA

View Full Version : Who's voicing Alta´r?

oOAltairOo
06-08-2011, 03:27 PM
So sounds like Roger Craig Smith is returning as the voice actor for Ezio in AC:R. But we still don't know if the original voice actor for Alta´r (Nolan North?) will be returning.

If anyone has some info on this, or if somebody from Ubisoft could confirm Nolan, it would be very appreciated.

Personally i think it would suck i they used a new voice, or even worse that guy from Bloodlines http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SixKeys
06-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Nolan North voices Desmond, not Alta´r. Philip Shahbaz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1717255/) is the original voice of Alta´r, and IMDB lists him as being on board for Revelations. I don't know how official this is, but I sure hope it's legit. I would hate for someone else to replace him in this game.

kriegerdesgottes
06-08-2011, 06:56 PM
hmm that's good to hear. It wouldn't be right to replace him especially with the voice actor from Bloodlines which was just not right.

dogsrock99
06-08-2011, 07:18 PM
they're probably going to have the voice actor from blood lines. In ac1 he didn't exactly sound like he was from the middle east, but he did in bloodlines, thats my reasoning.

DarthEzio55
06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
i hope they bring back Philip shahbaz to be the voice actor, for Altair, it's going to bring back so many memories from ac1. If only acr could come sooner!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Mic_92
06-08-2011, 07:59 PM
No idea but he definitely needs an Arabic accent.

albertwesker22
06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:

I wouldn't count on it. Since it seems that the Actor from AC 1 is coming back.

I don't think there is any in game reason why Altair has an American accent in the first game. Probably just didn't want him to have an Arabic accent.

Mic_92
06-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:

I wouldn't count on it. Since it seems that the Actor from AC 1 is coming back.

I don't think there is any in game reason why Altair has an American accent in the first game. Probably just didn't want him to have an Arabic accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but they seemed to have changed their minds in Bloodlines. Also, this is a different animus, it wouldn't make sense for them to have Ezio with an Italian accent and Altair with the same American accent. Still, it doesn't really matter either way.

kriegerdesgottes
06-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah but the voice acting in Bloodlines was just a little bit over the top ridiculous or maybe it just seemed that way to me since I was so used to Altair. And actually it makes more sense for the characters to have American accents being that they are supposed to be listening to a translation through the animus of ezio and altair but of course Ezio's voice acting is awesome and should never change but I still say they should just keep Phillip Shahbaz on for Revelations.

phil.llllll
06-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
Yeah, but they seemed to have changed their minds in Bloodlines. Also, this is a different animus, it wouldn't make sense for them to have Ezio with an Italian accent and Altair with the same American accent. Still, it doesn't really matter either way.

Bloodlines was developed by a different studio and the voice acting was absolutely terrible. As you said, I don't think it matters either way but I wouldn't expect it.

wiccanlovely
06-08-2011, 09:24 PM
See I don't mind the guy from the first game but I really hope they trained him for an accent. The lack thereof in 1 is what bugged me the most out of the game. I do agree that the guy for Bloodlines wasn't that great, accent or not.

Moultonborough
06-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Desmond asks Lucy about this. She changed it so he could understand what is being said. So, because that is happening I would not expect him to have a accent.

oOAltairOo
06-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Oh okay, guess i was wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
I really want the same voice as in AC:1. Even if the accent might not be accurate, it's what i've gotten used to.

Geinref
06-09-2011, 01:34 AM
I hope it's the same voice actor from AC1. I remember I got mad when in PoP: WW they changed the voice actor for the prince. Only to come back to original one in Two Thrones!

albertwesker22
06-09-2011, 03:20 AM
I hope that Shahbaz can do a decent Arabic accent. I'm not holding my breath though, because he can barely act as it is(So I doubt he has any talent for dialects)

It would be a shame if they kept Altair's American accent for what I see as simply post 9/11 paranoia.

phil.llllll
06-09-2011, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
I hope that Shahbaz can do a decent Arabic accent. I'm not holding my breath though, because he can barely act as it is(So I doubt he has any talent for dialects)

He did a great job in AC (he seems professional) so I don't know why he wouldn't be able to.

Valaquen_
06-09-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm hoping for Shahbaz. Bring back the AC1-ness. I really thought his voice acting was spot on as the game progressed. Maybe I'm just used to it. Couldn't stand the VO in Bloodlines.

gsosolidk
06-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I just made the reason for the American accent in my head (i didn't let myself find a single fault in AC1; loved it too much)
The Arabian sort of accent can be very hard to understand, so the Animus v1 translated it into an American accent for Desmond to make it easier.
Animus v2 didn't need to do this, because Ezio's accent was a lot easier to understand.
So now the animus will do the same and bring back the American accent I got ever so used to for Altair. Maybe he will have to sound a lot older tho? And more wise.

Mic_92
06-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by gsosolidk:
I just made the reason for the American accent in my head (i didn't let myself find a single fault in AC1; loved it too much)
The Arabian sort of accent can be very hard to understand, so the Animus v1 translated it into an American accent for Desmond to make it easier.
Animus v2 didn't need to do this, because Ezio's accent was a lot easier to understand.
So now the animus will do the same and bring back the American accent I got ever so used to for Altair. Maybe he will have to sound a lot older tho? And more wise.

We could perfectly understand every other character with an accent in AC1.

It was probably so player can identify themselves to him more easily.

BK-110
06-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I do hope that Alta´r's original voice actor returns, although it might be good if he were to give him an accent this time around. My theory is that he didn't have an accent in AC1 because Abstergo's Animus or Vidic decided that it would be easier to understand him or something along those lines. The Animus 2.0 gives Ezio an accent, so perhaps Alta´r will have one, as well.