PDA

View Full Version : Can't 100% Synch Leonardo's Tank

Yoshack Fyre84
11-26-2010, 05:04 AM
WTF! Don't take damage while in the tank. I've done this mission over and over and over and over! WTF!! Once you take damage and fail full synchronization, you have to restart THE ENTIRE FRIGGING MISSION! Why can't it put you at the last checkpoint? Having to go through all the annoying tedious sneaking and platforming, just to maybe get to the end square where you have to battle TWO EFFING TANKS just like you! I can't not get hit! I've seriously done this over 10 times. WTF! Can you 100% synch using a cheat? This is complete bull, why does it have to save the hardest part for the end and not let you retry for full synch. Having no way to reload the last checkpoint just isn't fair, and making a 10 minute mission before a really difficult full synch requirement is annoying and cruel. After you fail the requirement and you desynch on purpose it reloads the last checkpoint but your 100% synch says FAILED right from the start. The Flying Machine one was almost as bad, but you could at least avoid arrow fire in that. When the two tanks come at you you're screwed. The explosions have a wide effect area and there are explosives all around.

Anyone able to 100% synch this? What did you have to do? Just get really lucky? I'm ready to bash someone's face into a curb. Three people posted Youtube videos of this mission, One not even in English, and both of them FAIL 100%. Is the reloaded last checkpoint with FAILED SYNCH status just a bug maybe? Will they fix that in a patch? That's the only way I'm seeing making it through without blowing a blood vessel in my brain from frustration.

EDIT: Anyone live near Seattle? I'm prepared pay American dollars to someone to do this for me. Its not a fun time for me anymore, I really want to progress with the story but this mission.......2 days, my hands hurt, I'm so angry, it broke me.

Liljagare
11-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Wasn't that hard to do, just never drove straight..

nponline
11-26-2010, 06:43 AM
its supposed to be a tactical mission, take cover whenever you can and use the red barrels to help damage the tanks further

Steelbadger
11-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Think shooters! Strafe and circle strafe!

I got 100% on this mission first time through, didn't really occur to me as being that hard...

Zrvan
11-26-2010, 01:06 PM
How do you prevent the Borgia forces from shooting at you? Everytime I come around a corner they're finished aiming and just hit me, never missing.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-26-2010, 02:31 PM
What's annoying is I keep failing at different spots as I'm trying to do it. I don't always even make it to the battle at the end with the two tanks and all the towers. Then before I even get to the tricky part I have to restart the entire mission and do all the 10 minute Stealth and Platforming section over again before I can MAYBE get to the last stage of the tank battle. And when I do I always get damaged pretty quick in there. The other two tanks are both shooting you, plus when there shots hit they blow up barrels near you that cause you damage.

There's that lone tank in the middle that blows up with one shot. Should I ignore that? Are there barrels by where the tanks are parked? If I shoot fast enough can I maybe give them both extra damage from explosions before I circle around them and lay into them? But it would be easier if I destroy the explosives around the area first, but doing that gives the tanks time to shoot you more. Doing this over and over again like this is ridiculous, but it HAS to be possible if some of you say you did it. None of the YouTube videos of this mission are 100% Synch videos, so I know it's not as easy to get as some might think. Try Replaying it and see if you can 100% a second time if you think its so easy. I'm beginning my second day of being stuck on this mission.

Anyone live near Seattle? I'm prepared pay American dollars to someone to do this for me. Its not a fun time for me anymore, I really want to progress with the story but this mission.......2 days, my hands hurt, I'm so angry, it broke me.

I doubt I'll find anyone I can pay with the skill to actually do it for me, so I'm going to need some kind of strategy. I outlined a few above. If anyone can give me any input or suggestions on how to approach that final section, I could really use some help.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Zrvan:
How do you prevent the Borgia forces from shooting at you? Everytime I come around a corner they're finished aiming and just hit me, never missing.

You just want to charge basically through the first of it. You have to get close enough for your cannon ball to shoot the other cannons. The ground forces are running from you, you can shoot at them once, but then ignore them and kill that cannon first. After you get past the first six the next couple you can destroy two at once and you have to be fast because you need to destroy 2 nests, 4 total really fast or you will get shot and have to start over. The trick is to rush forward so they can't get a lock on you and take out the other cannons quick.

If all goes well you make it to the fortress at the end. I've been coming in and trying to take out a tank in a parking garage to my left fast and then avoiding the other and avoid explosive barrels. There is a tank in the middle of the final stage, but it blows up with one shot and no one is in it so you don't need to attack it first, you can take it out later and try to avoid and kill the other live tanks first. I haven't been able to do it yet, it's really got me worked up.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-27-2010, 02:05 AM
I just got it 100%, Holy mother of crap.

From the post times it's taken me that long minus 10-12 hours of sleep in there.

My hands hurt, I must have done the mission 25 times.

Awe1
12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I did the mission something like 5 times then took a break, did a couple missions, tried it again 5 more times and repeated that process at least 3 or 4 times until finally beating it.

It is hard.

nponline
12-12-2010, 08:55 AM
The trick is to keep constantly cricling around the tank to avoid its shots. while it's aiming, it,s barrel won't do much to attempt to re-adjust it's aim to try to hit you. do the same thing with the two that follow and enjoy 100% synch my freind.

nponline
12-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Also, when you confront the last 2, be careful to avoid obstacles that will stop you in your track should you run into them

adikeo
12-16-2010, 07:21 AM
I too have had trouble with this one. It's the only war machine mission I can't seem to get 100% on. The final two tanks always get me. Should I just focus first on the one that comes from the northwest corner and then concentrate on the other tank?

Inorganic9_2
12-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Perhaps people should try being calm when doing it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I failed it the first time but got 100% the second time I did it. It takes ages for the tanks to lock on to you, so use that.

codyjlong
12-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Here's a trick..... You can get 100% nearly every time w/ the tank providing you don't get shot by the cannons or the first tank in the begining.

So..
Once you come to the last point where there are two tanks coming at you, you back out of the arena until it says desyncronization is gonna take effect. Don't go too far or you will desync. Once your'e seeing all the white lines, and **** the tanks will aim but can't fire, you just unleash, destroy them and get the 100.

Yoshack Fyre84
12-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Being Calm really does help. The tank is tough, getting through the first part is pretty easy as long as you take out the cannons fast and pick off the guys fast. I guess they do shoot you but I've never been hit. I like the tip Codyjlong suggested, but I think the best advice is to rush in and shoot the tank in the back left, and circle to the right, destroy him then circle to kill the other one. You have to KEEP MOVING in the circle or they lock on, also if they hit the ground next to you it can cause damage also. You want to make sure you have ROOM to circle, if you bump a wall and get stuck you're screwed. Also I think bumping something hard enough with the tank causes damage too, I swore I lost 100% bumping a wall.

MaskedReaper
01-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Backing out and almost desynching DOESN'T WORK I tell you as they can "STILL GET YOU" the only way I got 100% sync after 10 freakin times was circle around and 'DON'T RUN into any obstacles' otherwise you have to stear the opposite direction and it's TOO slow to move and avoid enemy fire from tanks.

Tank No.1 on the left is the best aim for first then once Tank No.2 on the right comes out attack him too.
I took on both tanks at the same time and it was INSANE and they where right next to each other and both shooting, but once one was destroyed it makes the other one easier to focus on.
I managed to get Tank No.1 down to 3 squares of health left and then Tank No.2 down to 3 squares and then attack Tank No.1 again until destroyed.
Once Tank No.1 is down Tank No.2 is your main concern for dodging and just shoot-like-CRAZY.
Once destroyed BINGO 100% assuming you didn't get hit by any cannon fire.

Note: destroy the unmaned tank in the middle to make more room to move and destroy all exploding drums FIRST and chimney's and each side.

But seriously this mission is EEEEVVVVVIIIILLL as who the HELL invented 100% sync missions and missions with timelimits in tombs and lairs deserves to get kicked by a horse.
NOT even AC2 was this BAD and I managed to get 100% sync.
But once you finish this mission I swear you get huge relief that you don't have to do it AGAIN unless you start a new game.

colan33
01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Leave the middle tank alone and hit left first then right.
Then begin cirkeling the middle tank while`s you manage to shoot down 1 at the time.

Worked for me.

MaskedReaper
01-16-2011, 04:02 PM
The unmaned tank in the middle just blows up with one hit, so I rather have more space to maneuver and focus on hitting my targets than running into things.
But if it works for you fine as long as you don't get damaged from the blast of the unmaned tank.

Ezio: "Evasive maneuvers men we got two bogey's in sighting."

colan33
01-18-2011, 07:17 AM
It work`s as you wrote it to but i had a BIG problem with it so i smashed it later.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Auditorexxx
01-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Yes this is actually difficult to do without a proper planning. Everything should be a piece of cake until you get to the fort scene. Like someone stated above, going out of the fort before the desyncition (cant spell today) kicks in. Just go back and forth until the tanks are done.

MaskedReaper
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by AuditoreRed:
Yes this is actually difficult to do without a proper planning.

It's a bit of a suicide mission really so planning does go out the window.
Bender's(from futurama) programming kicks in: Prepared for suicide mission SIR!...Agh, crap!

I just ran in guns blazing but you do need to know when and which way to dodge left or right or which tank to take on first.
The left tank first is the best bet but the whole backing out and almost desync is like playing 'Sitting duck' between the fortress doors as two tanks come at ya and they can still hit you doesn't matter how far out the door you go.

One thing too is how far your own cannon fire can go too as you want either maxiumum distance or pointblank range.
But I found a medium distance better, which is not on top of them but far apart to maneuver around them.
Maneuvering is the key to avoiding fire and hitting them with all you got does knock them senseless.

Do tanks have weak spots? which was another theory on how much damage they take from fire.

someguy63-
02-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Just run circles around the tanks and keep shooting at them. Never stop either two and it can be achived.
Practice makes you better and that got me full 100% sync in AC:B. no joke.

ceaserx
02-17-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm trying this one too. It's pretty bad. When I first couldn't fully sync a mission it was that easy Crepe Il Lupo with the wolfmen. Starting over is messed up, and they have it written in there that you can't lose the full sync if you get blown up. Horrible... Every hard mission in the game is like this. Takes me like all night to beat. *ALSO someone up above mentioned "i think i took damage from hitting a wall." it wasn't a wall man. They have the exploding barrels along the walls so you can't be too careless. Worst mission to full sync so far that I've played for sure. My point about why this sucks so much, is Crepe Il Lupo, though cheap and SUPER easy compared to all later missions that are very hard to 100% sync, you get to start RIGHT where you left off. It is VERY easy to get to the tank, but it takes like 5-7 minutes. That's one LONG checkpoint to restart. -about 10 more retry whole missions later: hey, I don't have any other tips for you and I still can't do this full sync. But you can shoot all the explosives before you battle the 2 end tanks if you want from outside the door. So, if you want to try that cheat. It doesn't help much though. One guy called Crepe Il Lupo "grief code." I'd never heard this term before but I guess game developers do this when they don't want to make more game. I don't think I can be playing this crappy story mode much longer though. I rebuilt Rome 100% and all it gives me is the stupid Auditore Cape. Wow, thanks, I didn't even get a trophy for that work! --5 tries later. OK i got it. I hate you UbiSoft but thanks for trying to get me

neo4lex
04-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I posted this before elsewhere:

Tank mission - if you get really desperate, you can glitch it. When you get to the last area with two tanks, shoot the gates, move to the market to start the sequence, then move back into the de-synch zone, where you get the "Desynch imminent" warning, but just before you actually get desynched. In this zone, the enemy tanks won't be able to shoot you, so you can take your time pwning them. There, 100%, too easy.

And don't say this doesn't work, because it sure works perfectly, judging by my 100% game synch.

TwentyGlyphs
04-21-2011, 07:23 PM
This does work and I finally had to use it to get it myself. One thing that most people don't mention about it is if one of the tanks starts to target you before you get behind the desynch wall, they'll be able to get a complete lock on you even after you're behind the wall and shoot you once. So if one of the tanks in the last area starts to target you after you enter the area, make sure you let that finish and dodge their first shot, then get behind the desynch wall. After that they won't be able to target you.

ssj13piccolo
04-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by codyjlong:
Here's a trick..... You can get 100% nearly every time w/ the tank providing you don't get shot by the cannons or the first tank in the begining.

So..
Once you come to the last point where there are two tanks coming at you, you back out of the arena until it says desyncronization is gonna take effect. Don't go too far or you will desync. Once your'e seeing all the white lines, and **** the tanks will aim but can't fire, you just unleash, destroy them and get the 100.

I was just like you. I tried this stupid mission 3 or 4 times, failing every time till I learned about this trick on youtube. I tried it and got it my first try.

AntiChrist7
04-23-2011, 05:52 AM
finally got 100% thanks to the trick. now i'm stuck at 99.5. stupid bomber is left...

neo4lex
04-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Ahahaha, took me quite a bit of time and cussing to get 100% on the bomber. It helps A LOT to destroy all the archer towers before you start going after your first mission target. That way you're set for the whole sequence with no arrow towers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AntiChrist7
05-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by neo4lex:
Ahahaha, took me quite a bit of time and cussing to get 100% on the bomber. It helps A LOT to destroy all the archer towers before you start going after your first mission target. That way you're set for the whole sequence with no arrow towers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

yh was so close when i did this. destroyed all the towers first, then the workshops then the two first carriages, but it went wrong at the fourth. So close....

Kytr
05-17-2011, 04:43 PM
One warning about destroying the archer towers -- if you reset to a checkpoint, they come back. That can happen if you fail to destory a cart before it gets to the castle or if the horseman gets away (or if you crash, but I think that fails the run anyhow).

Sizzlemon
05-21-2011, 04:42 AM
It is an extremely difficult constraint to accomplish, but come on, you don't think the Developers would make the game a breeze did you?
No but seriously the key is just to keep trying and when you fight the tanks, don't stop moving, keep hitting the fire button, even when it's not ready, this will boost reaction time by 100%, and whatever you do DO NOT attempt to shoot the explosive barrels, because more often than not you will get hit and fail the constraint.

Smavey
06-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Pretty much first time I did this I was thinking that I was never going to ever get 100% on this mission.

Then it was my last one left and so i looked up a youtube vid and saw that you can just back up at the 2 tank part and shoot the one of the left without getting hit (he still aims, but doesn't shoot). I got it on my first try doing this.

I thought the thief mission was the hardest...where it was hard enough to finish it on time let alone with 15 seconds left!

superbalex
06-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Posted Fri December 17 2010 18:45 Hide Post

So..

^this. just go in, shoot one from your maximum range, go JUST outside of the arena (white all) so it says desync is imminent, if you stay there.. it will come to you, aim at you, but it will NOT shoot you.. once the first tank is down, you go do the same with the other tank^^

i also had alot of problems with this mission, until using this tacthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

oliacr
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
strafe , strafe ,strafe

Rizilliant
05-09-2012, 04:59 AM
i had np doing it without cheating...got it full sync on try #2...strafing is all u need to o...i shot the towers and immobile tank b4 it started, the other 2 tanks barely got off rounds..When they did, they missed BECAUSE I MOVED!

ASpieboy
05-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Thing is that they only miss when you strafe for the maximum warm-up time. So make sure you don't run into any debris and you're good.

wigster2012
05-12-2012, 09:20 PM
The key is to just keep moving. Plus the tank in the middle that doesn't shoot, use it for cover. It worked for me.

wrathofcrom
07-21-2012, 02:51 AM
This mission sucks $#!+ through a straw. I'm about 70% through the game and I want to get rid of the last two Leonardo War Machines before I get back to the story. This isn't fum anymore. Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that once you fail the 100% sync, you have to go right back to the effin beginning with all the tedious sneaking and jumping about. I must have done this mission at least 25 times in the last 12 hours and lost a whole night's sleep. The moment the tank gets hit, I have to go to the menu and click "retry". That gets old real fast, especially when you're at the final stage and the two tanks come along an blow the cr@p out of you.

The flying machine mission isn't all that great either. I'm not enjoying this anymore.

Kytr
07-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Take no damage is not a good criteria for 100% sync. This is especially true if it's a long mission. The fight near the start of the game with the madmen was bad enough -- someone always seems to get in one lucky shot, but you can restart the memory to the start of the fight. If they were using hard checkpoints instead of soft, it wouldn't be so bad -- just jump back to the previous point before you got hit.

The best method for taking the 2 tanks at the end is to back almost to the point of desynchronization -- they wont actually shoot at you there. Cheap, I know, but the task is ridiculous anyway.

wrathofcrom
08-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Hiding behind the white desynch curtain worked for me. After battling my way through to the final castle I drew out the two enemy tanks, popped behind the curtain where they wouldn't hit me and blew them to bits. After staying up until 6.00am trying to do this mission (and failing at the end each time) I checked Youtube for tips and finally got to bed at 6.30.