PDA

View Full Version : Leap of Faith in MP....why?

behrskins
12-16-2011, 11:47 AM
LOF is a waste in MP. All it has ever done is get me killed while running from a pursuer. Here's a suggestion, make LOF mean something. If you jump off the roof without a LOF you get the same penalty as being hit by knives. You slow down, etc. This would help cut down on the roofing if can no longer run unharmed from rooftop to ground.

EnterinPwnZone
12-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I totally agree, for example that one in Castel Gandolfo under the staircase... It's just dumb cuz your persona performs a leap of faith for ... that.

persiateddy95
12-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by EnterinPwnZone:
I totally agree, for example that one in Castel Gandolfo under the staircase... It's just dumb cuz your persona performs a leap of faith for ... that.
High skilled maneuvers.

TheMute88ORL
12-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Cool factor that's why. Oh and the bushes in Gondalfo are like that just so you can show off your front flip off of the railing.

stinks8
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I hate the LOF, and I seemed to get sucked into them a lot more in ACR than I did in Brotherhood.

Assassinsyk
12-16-2011, 12:18 PM
I agree, or at least make them optional, like pressing O while running makes you jump over them or something. All they're good for us getting hidden on that dude in blend, but they're lethal when chased. Magnetic too, like you can jump off far from the viewpoints an still end up there.

Oh well, you learn to avoid them as you get to know the map, so it's not a priority for me.

E-Zekiel
12-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by stinks8:
I hate the LOF, and I seemed to get sucked into them a lot more in ACR than I did in Brotherhood.

Basically, this. Also known as Style http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I like them aesthetically, but....if given a choice between having them or not in MP...I would ONLY have them off of those "designated platforms"...you know the ones, the wooden ones, like in SP. Those would be ok. But if I jump off something else, it's quite clear to me I don't want to do a leap of faith.

persiateddy95
12-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Jumping into them are useful for a few tricks, so I'd rather keep this as it is.

Crumplecorn
12-16-2011, 12:58 PM
How many times have I tried to jump away from a pursuer, only to get sucked into one of these, knowing as soon as the jump begins that I am already dead and that nothing can be done about it.

At least it isn't an automatic 200 point bonus for the pursuer like it was in AC:B.

The fact that these weren't removed is proof that Ubi have never, ever played their own game.

Assassinsyk
12-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Ted, always the mysterious one. Please share, or I'll remove them.

We should at the very least have a way to jump past them, so it's more of a tactical element rather than autopilot.

Edit: @crumple: for some reason this never worked in ACB, but in ACR I've had alot of luck by mashing smoke as soon as I land. If they wait until they get kill prompt from the roof you're obviously done, but if they follow you hoping to score a hidden, they'll get flushed out. Extra saucy in Asa, preferably a brutal escape/stun/hidden/focus. I'm sure you knew that, just letting the rest of them know.

persiateddy95
12-16-2011, 01:32 PM
If there's someone in a haybale (or even out of it and close to it) on Assassinate and you try to walk up to them you're most likely to get killed and it's impossible to counter. So just jump from a low wall/building into the haybale (not necessarily a LOF) and lock while jumping.

Pretty much like this, but jumping into the haybale instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...v=Upxjkae_02Q#t=353s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Upxjkae_02Q#t=353s)

TheMute88ORL
12-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Haybales (maybe not LOF) are useful in at least DM. I watched a Zoidberg Asa video once and if someones close to a haybale you can SB them real quick, jump into the haybale, wait for focus, and by that point you'll get the hidden bonus too.

I think haybales are awesome depending on the situation but LOF I could understand why everyone would want that gone.

gothpunkboy89
12-16-2011, 04:46 PM
They are useful and fun. If you use them right. I love to dive into one jump out smoke and watch my hunter get stuck in one as i take of running.

Zoidberg747
12-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by TheMute88ORL:
Haybales (maybe not LOF) are useful in at least DM. I watched a Zoidberg Asa video once and if someones close to a haybale you can SB them real quick, jump into the haybale, wait for focus, and by that point you'll get the hidden bonus too.

I think haybales are awesome depending on the situation but LOF I could understand why everyone would want that gone.

Indeed, in Assassinate Haybales are certainly your friend.

SinError
12-16-2011, 05:00 PM
But i like shooting my targets while they are performing a Leap of Faith!
I call it leap of fail! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WLP Adoniis
12-16-2011, 08:44 PM
you see ,this is why ubi always change the things that don't need to be fix or change . if you don't want to jump into a haystack just hold the "left stick" of your "controller" to the right>>>> before jumping . please tryout things in the training ground before you come n say this n that needs to be fix . what we really want from ubisoft is to fix all the things we named in the feedback we sent before the 13th .

AwkwardlyBruta
12-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Adoniiis3:
you see ,this is why ubi always change the things that don't need to be fix or change . if you don't want to jump into a haystack just hold the "left stick" of your "controller" to the right>>>> before jumping . please tryout things in the training ground before you come n say this n that needs to be fix . what we really want from ubisoft is to fix all the things we named in the feedback we sent before the 13th .

What about when there is a roof that will save your life, but unknown to you, a haybale lies ready to strike, infront of the roof.

You can't just hold the stick away, because you WANT to land on the roof, not inside the snuggly haybale.

That happens way to often for me.

Lewbiedoo
12-16-2011, 09:56 PM
I have to say it is one of those minor concerns I don't have until someone mentions it, and now that you do, it doesn't seem too much of a problem, if you play all the maps enough, the locations of all the LOF's become second nature, (I wanted to say instinctual but that just doesn't sound like a word).

It is a bit of a heart stop moment when I'm in artifact assault, I'm assaulting their artifact, running away, being chased, thinking oh yes I'm going to make it, then I LOF into a bush which slows you down considerably, ugh.

behrskins
12-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Adoniiis3:

I know all the tricks to try and try to avoid them where they are located but you will still get sucked into a LOF no matter what you do. I am constantly running at 45% degree angles off roofs away from LOFs only to get sucked back at a 90 degree into an LOF.

DannyStrong
12-17-2011, 02:53 PM
the haybales are such a weird story. you look so cool jumping off a ledge into a hay bail like you just escaped after doig some awesome stuff...

instead when you see you going into a lof youre thinking "oh **** i'm dead now"

hay bails are death pits, but the game treats them like theyre escape routes.

What would be cool is if they made it so if you jump off a too large of a height without doing a LOF you have to kind of limp (sort of like youjust got stunned) for a few seconds until you recover.. but a LOF will let you land safely..

Also if you do a LOF then your persuer does the same thing, you should be able to get out of the hay bail and continue running without getting killed from the hay bail you just jumped out of..

Another thing they should make it so you don't leap into haybales while on the ground unless youre holding just RT and moving towards it, if youre free running (RT+A) near it you shouldn't ever jump into the hay bail unless you are runing square into it. (the annoyance here is really just when you are running past it but because you lightly bumped it your guy decides to just dive in)

WLP Adoniis
12-17-2011, 03:11 PM
for me it doesn't need to be fix or change . if you want to avoid the LOF just HOLD THE LEFT STICK OF YOUR CONTROLLER TO THE RIGHT OR LEFT BEFORE JUMPING . I DO IT ALL THE TIME . it works in ACB N ACR .

TB_Jaybird
12-17-2011, 05:19 PM
yup, i hate those things.

The developers place them in weird places like around corners and places where you dont see them right away.

It took me a bit but i use the stairs in gandolfo now and dont bother with the jumps anymore as that leads to -400 or more.

To teh person above...

I use a mouse and keyboard so what you are saying is not applicable to me .....just saying

WLP Adoniis
12-17-2011, 08:41 PM
To teh person above...

I use a mouse and keyboard so what you are saying is not applicable to me .....just saying

you can do the same things on ps3, pc , n xbox . i know we don't use the same keys/button . this what i do ,RT (HIGH PROFILE )and (A)(legs) THEN I MOVE MY (Left Analog Stick) to the right or left .to avoid a LOF . PC (default layout) Right mouse button , Space bar, then press A (left) OR D(right). try it .

Master Decoder
12-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by sinerror:
But i like shooting my targets while they are performing a Leap of Faith!
I call it leap of fail! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This ^