PDA

View Full Version : Il2 Stumovik subtitles and radio chatter

funk2445
06-20-2006, 08:04 AM
I want to know how to turn off the subtitles and radio chatter in il2 stumovik original game because it slows my game down.

funk2445
06-20-2006, 08:04 AM
I want to know how to turn off the subtitles and radio chatter in il2 stumovik original game because it slows my game down.

FlatSpinMan
06-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Have a look in your main IL-2 folder (in My computer under Program Files> Ubisoft). You'll find something called conf.ini. It looks like a notepad with some green and yellow gears on it. In there, scroll down and find the lines as below. Edit the numbers so that they are the same as mine and you will have no chatter or subtitles.
NoSubTitles=1
NoChatter=0

It is quite helpful to make a desktop shortcut to your main IL2 folder just so you can access it easily for skins and things.

FlatSpinMan
06-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Remember to Save the changes in the conf.ini

Beaufort-RAF
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funk2445:
I want to know how to turn off the subtitles and radio chatter in il2 stumovik original game because it slows my game down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use IL2 Stab (http://www.users.on.net/%7Emjtm/IL-2/index.html) and you can change the settings without messing with the conf file.

Bearcat99
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Or IL2 Manager.... which can be had by hitting the Sturmovik Esasentials link in my sig.

VW-IceFire
06-20-2006, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funk2445:
I want to know how to turn off the subtitles and radio chatter in il2 stumovik original game because it slows my game down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It slows your game down? Somethings not right there...might want to check on your soundcard drivers or in-game sound settings.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
06-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I used to run this game/sim on my old PC:

1.8Ghz Celeron
768Mb RAM
FX5200 PCI

If there is tons of subtitles or speech at one time(like when a whole flight of bombers gets attacked by a booty load of aircraft) then my PC would slow down or even freeze up, especially online.