PDA

View Full Version : Invent your own Multiplayer Modes

Kira9001
08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
We all know that there has been discussed about multiplayer in AC and many peoples think it wont work or it will destroy the experience (probably if Co-op)

We all know about "capture the flag, deathmatch" etc. But what other do YOU think could work? Find twizts about the one we know that can work with the universe or make up a completly new one that can match... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Make the immagination flow our of your ears, nose and all that stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I was thinking about a little twizt on the CtF, you're 3v3 or 6v6 and your objective is to save a female or an importaint guy, but they're wonded and can't walk straight so you have to "carry" or help them walk, and to get them up to the roof you need to be 2 peoples pulling them up, one down to push and another one help pulling...
The other team is trying to stop you while you are trying to save the person and vice versa. So it's kinda a defend, attack and rescue mission at the same time...

on a second thought that actually reminds me a bit about Fat Princess, but without the cake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

godsmack_darius
08-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Its been announced it not Co-op
But their IS a multiplayer, and it will be kind of like Playstation home http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

brickhead119
08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow this makes me angry. I remember i started a topic just like this and it got locked because there was already a topic on it.... Inside i hope this is locked but really i dont want this locked so i can post my ideas. Im just angry my topic got locked so take no offense to it.

brickhead119
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
My Multiplayer Modes:

Defend The City: In This mode There is a City that needs to be defended. It is not huge it is probably the size of a small italian village but the idea of this game mode is there are 2 teams. Knights And Assassins. The Majority of the people are Knights which are weaker than the Assassins. The game can support 16 players. 12 are Knights and the Knights can
Chose between the weapons they chose such as An Axe and Shield or A Halberd and Crossbow. The 4 Assassins Have the same choice such as Longsword and Throwing Knives or Small Dagger and Bow. What happens is though the Knights have to defend the small town but speciffically 4 points that cannot be recaptured. But Each point has a specific use for the Assassins such as The Armory gives more access to weapons to use as an Assassin. But as im going to feature in my other ideas below i want To keep the Knight and Assassin feature and improve on that like this.

Upgrading Features:

This should be the major part of Multiplayer.

When you chose during a game which faction you want to be Such as Knight or Assassin they have differnet bars of experience. There are 10 Levels of experience which you earn when you play games but they are not being alive or anything but it is all judged on kills. Every level unlocks something for the Knights or Assassins. Such as When you reach level 2 as an Assassin you Earn The Curved Dagger. Or as a Knight you get a small one handed axe. But when you reach level 5 on either Knight or Assassin you get to specialize in a charateristic of your character. There are 2 choices Ranged or Melee. This effects what weapons you earn or how good you are at that skill. If as an Assassin you Specialize in Ranged at level 6 you will Earn a Longbow and be able to hit targets far away as in if someone who is a level 2 picks up a longbow couldnt hit someone that far away. Enemies can pick weapons that you drop but like i said if your not specialized in it you will probably be horrible with it and not be able to use it. But the Layout is like this you start up as a level one on one of the Games and you chose what 2 weapons you want (At 5 you can carry something small such as extra ammo and at 10 you can carry Another whole weapon) So like I pick a Shortsword and A small shield but to keep the fun in multiplayer i do not want the counters and things but i think it should be like this if your playing on Xbox 360 X is light attack B is Heavy Attack and Y is change weapon also A is to jump and climb but there could be some limits on that which can be improved as you level Also Right Trigger is to block and like AC1 left trigger is to lock on to someone but with ranged weapons you have to aim.

brickhead119
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Hunted:

Do you remember in AC when you assassinated a key figure the whole town was estatic and every guard and person with a weapon was looking for you well this is kind of like the idea of Hunted.

There is one Assassin and what he has to do is assassinate a key figure which is a random choice when you chose to be a Knight so there is the leader and 14 Knights Guarding either him or the city. When the Assassin Succeeds his mission is not over he then has to escape the city without dieing. The Trick is that there are only a few places to escape and most of them are gates but if your lucky you could find a hole in the wall or something. But if the Knights feel so they have a bunch of traps at there disposal such as Closing the Gates or Using horses. The Assassin has only 2 choices for weapons and there are limits so none of the special perks for level 5 and 10s but so the assassin has more speed he can only carry 2 weapons a small and a large or something of that sort. If you want you can do the Assassin Knife as your light but be aware if you are caught and that is your only weapon you could be in trouble. if you only carry 1 small weapon or 2 small weapons you would move faster than 1 small and a large or something of that sort. But the Knights have the ultimate advantage in this with there traps there numbers and they are allowed to carry the normal amount of weapons for there level.

brickhead119
08-13-2009, 06:32 PM
NEW IDEA

I know people would think that there should be Traditional game modes but i think otherwise.

WAR:
This is AC2's Version of Team deathmatch.
In this the game can support 24-30 people i think they could do 24 but the game mode would be better if it was 30 but anyway. The Number is split evenly so 15 Knights and 15 Assassins but they are all balanced. In this there is a Huge Field with hills and on each end are a small siege camp for The Assassins and The Knights. What this is is an all out warfare between the two enemies. It is spiced up a little bit with a few extra features. Leaders: on each team there is one leader who can tell npcs if they chose to include some of them i would say 10 npcs but anyway you can tell them what to do as in attack or defend. Control Points: When progressing through the battlefield which is pretty big it would get pretty annoying to go from your base to wherever. But what your team can do is capture strategic points in the battlefield such as a small tower which you can spawn at and use. Horses: Just a simple idea for moving quickly everybody can use a horse but they can die.
And finally. Battlefield Weapons: Each side gets 2 catapults but those cannot be moved and they are close to the base when things start getting tough. There are also Ballistas on Some of the Battlefield Towers. If you dont know ballistas were a big arrow launcher that can definatly kill you. And around your teams camps and in the center of the map is a huge rushing river which can deter enemies if you can swim in this game. But there are movible bridges that can provide easy crossings for your men and a trap for enemies. Horses cannot cross these bridges. The River in the Center is also a strategic battle point.
Colliseum:

This would be the equivlance of deathmatch but more fun.

As you know or dont know AC2 developers are implementing various monuments from the game i dont remember if rome is included im pretty sure it is not because all of the cities i heard are all in one region so im not sure. But anyway the gamemode is set in the Roman Colliseum in an ok condition not in its prime when the roman empire was alive. But there can be between 2-16 players in the game and everyone starts in there own little chamber within the stands of the colleseum. Underneath is the trap doors for the Colliseum a dark place with many walls so you could be ambushed. But the coolest part of the underground is the fact that you can pull the levers underneath to open the trap doors so people up in the main floor of the colliseum might fall through while fighting someone else. Then there is inside the walls of the Colliseum full of big corridors and built in stalls so good for some fights. Than there is the stands which is good for ranged fighters trying to hit people in the main floor and it is good for an elevated fight.

That is my idea for more i will post more ideas later please speculate,improve,or add your own thoughts to my topic.

Kira9001
08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Its been announced it not Co-op
But their IS a multiplayer, and it will be kind of like Playstation home http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Yeah I know, It sounds awezome! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I'm not really a big fan of competetive multiplayer, but it just sounds so damn interesting in the AC universe, I just want to see how it all turns out! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Originally posted by brickhead119:
Wow this makes me angry. I remember i started a topic just like this and it got locked because there was already a topic on it.... Inside i hope this is locked but really i dont want this locked so i can post my ideas. Im just angry my topic got locked so take no offense to it.
Ahh, that sucks man :/
But I like your modes, some could probably need a bit fine-tuning here and there.. I wont go into details, to much work for me.. But if any of them is going into AC i guess UBI is making them like they see em... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Edengoth
08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
cswain, your new avatar just wins.

Typhonahriman
08-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Has anyone ever played 'The Ship'?
I think a multiplayer mode based off that would be cool.

each person is disguised, and given a target to kill, as well as being a target for someone else. You have to hunt this person down, while avoiding your hunter without knowing what they look like or where they are, apart from a very basic update on their location every 30 seconds. When you murder your target, they are out until the next round, while you keep killing until it ends as a face-off between the last two in the match.

Another idea could be a 'free runner race', where 2 or more people must race each other from A to B.

SWJS
08-13-2009, 09:28 PM
My idea is a "Juggernaut" type of mode.

Mission: On The Air(I really can't think of a good name http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)
X amount of Assassin's Versus the Traitor, or some such.

Objectives:
Traitor - An assassin is branded a traitor, and must traverse from the wanted zone to the safe zone using dA Vinci's flying machine.

Loyal Assassins - These assassins must stop the traitor by bringing him down and either killing or capturing him. They can either shoot him down with throwing daggers of hidden guns, put out fires by pushing the tourches into the canals, or leap on the glider from a rooftop if the traitor should fly too low.

End Game:
Traitor - If the traitor reaches the safe zone, he escapes and wins.

Assassins - The assassins may win by either shooting the traitor down and killing him in the crash, or if the traitor is able to survive by falling into water, hay, fish, or wool, the assassins can capture him by disabling one of his legs and bringing him to an Assassin Buerau, but, the traitor can regain strength and break free, so the assassins must get him there quickly, or risk him escaping. If hidden, the assassins have 5 minutes to locate him, before he is considered escaped.

L.Cie
08-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Tag.

One Assassin (Player) is 'tagged' and gathers points every three seconds they remain tagged. For someone to steal the tag, they must kill the one who's currently got it. There should be twenty or more players per match to keep the scoring even.
Kind of like Warhawk's Hero mode.

Serenity9066
08-13-2009, 10:56 PM
If they're going to put in a multiplayer it better have some good ol' fashion free roaming chaos in it. Other wise.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif *stab*.

godsmack_darius
08-13-2009, 11:08 PM
tut tut Serenity, bout time you ditched the other forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif jk

How about making your own assassins guild, or bureau

Realjambo
08-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Brickhead119 - You have been previously warned for bumping threads.

You now make 4 posts in a row in this thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I suggest that during your suspension you take some time to read the Terms of Use (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/Info.aspx?tagname=TermsOfUse) and the Forum Rules. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2961017947)

godsmack_darius
08-14-2009, 01:29 AM
isnt that like...Multi rule breaking? lol interesting

Anyways, yeah, I think a "build your own Assassins Guild with other players would be cool except not a bunch of Ezios running around

dakota94
08-14-2009, 02:21 AM
Im glad that AC2 dosent have multiplayer

for one reason out of teh many :

You can think, wow i can be doing this with abuddy

instead the very sanctity of the AC series is that of which has a deep and rich story

My personally, i dont want them to have multiplayer especially in this on, juusat because when we fans first saw the gameplay of AC2, we all knew that this was going to be a kick *** game, and its is going to kick ***. But multiplayer would just take the hard work of the single player away becuase it would have to share, when really, AC2 deserves the single player experience to fully blow the player away.

Now AC3 is a way diffrent story, were going to have to see were that stroy is even going to take place

grafftistain
08-14-2009, 06:14 AM
i think it be just be small team based stuff like kill this amount of people in x amount of time or it could be steal this and esscape the city in x time

edbeano
08-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I'll have to wait and see how AC2's multiplayer works. I'm not totally convinced it'd be any good but I'm sure Ubi can prove me wrong.