PDA

View Full Version : Early Release?

sid_94
10-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Does anyone know of a Early Release for poeple who pre-order the game not very many games do this but if AC2 does it would be awesome!

Iskander_Estel
10-20-2009, 09:11 PM
i don't think that can hapen legally, but sure there are going to be a early relase in some shops

sm312
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah if their employee and you are tight and he gives it to early and I'm so worried about if the shipping goes wrong oh my MAE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

gamerxclutch
10-20-2009, 09:53 PM
most stores get them before the release date but they dont put them on shelves till they are suppose to but i know of some people who made a mistake and gave it out early

Iskander_Estel
10-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I hope the guys in the store i pre-ordered the game put it on sale a couple of days before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

timpbader
10-21-2009, 03:52 AM
What about the muffled statemants about the game comeing out early?

kleaneasy
10-21-2009, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by sid_94:
Does anyone know of a Early Release for poeple who pre-order the game not very many games do this but if AC2 does it would be awesome!

Games donít ever release early to pre orders, what often does happen is the game is posted out early enough to reach the buyer by release date and for this reason they can often arrive early but this should never be relied upon as it can so easily arrive late due to the postal services.

Another possibility you're thinking of is when a pre order gets you a beta or demo code, but this doesnít happen that often and usually only to games with a heavy multiplayer

SWJS
10-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by sm312:
I'm so worried about if the shipping goes wrong oh my MAE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif So am I. GameStop most likey ships using UPS. The problem with UPS is that it is the most idiotic delivery service ever. Everytime I order a game or accessory online, they ALWAYS either:

A: Deliver it to the wrong address.
B: Deliver it to the neighbors'.
C: Try to go down the wrong road/driveway.
D: Drop it off at the mailbox, where it can be stolen.

Honestly, if they DO deliver AC2 to my door without any problems, I'll eat my own socks.

Auditore_thingy
10-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Then forgive this vulgarity:

I hope that you get it on time at your door.

brisinger228
10-21-2009, 12:57 PM
if it does come post the video on you tube so i can watch it

iamaltair
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sm312:
I'm so worried about if the shipping goes wrong oh my MAE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif So am I. GameStop most likey ships using UPS. The problem with UPS is that it is the most idiotic delivery service ever. Everytime I order a game or accessory online, they ALWAYS either:

Honestly, if they DO deliver AC2 to my door without any problems, I'll eat my own socks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you do know that if someone delivers it to the neighbors' house, that means they delivered it to the wrong address right? and if they go down the wrong road/driveway, then they delivered it to the wrong address.

Meaning that your "A,B, and C" are the same thing.

Tetsou88
10-21-2009, 05:38 PM
It's technically against the law for a store to sell a product before they release date.

Although depending on the game and if there is a shortage of it, some game stores will only sell preorders on release date, and then sell regular copies the next day. This happened with Prototype.

Coolgerb
10-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Tetsou88:
It's technically against the law for a store to sell a product before they release date.

On itself, this is not true.

As soon as a store gets a game in stock, it's allowed to sell it.
However the contract it binds with the publisher often contains details on when to release the game. And this contract is part of international economic laws.

SWJS
10-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by iamaltair:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sm312:

Honestly, if they DO deliver AC2 to my door without any problems, I'll eat my own socks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you do know that if someone delivers it to the neighbors' house, that means they delivered it to the wrong address right? and if they go down the wrong road/driveway, then they delivered it to the wrong address.

Meaning that your "A,B, and C" are the same thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So? If UPS takes it to a wrong address, that could be any address across the nation, making it hard to find and retrieve. If they deliver it to my neighbors', I'd have a much better chance of getting it because my neighbors would call me about it. If they go down the wrong road/driveway, it could be any driveway, including my neighbor's driveway, or a driveway in my neighborhood, or a driveway of another relative across town.

They may be the same thing as a "wrong address", but there are many different ways it can be delivered to the wrong address, showing off how much I hate UPS and how incompetent they are.

Account_Deleted
10-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

whoa that's a big risk
seeing most citizens are gamers...
meaning if UPS sends it to the wrong address the owner might thing it's a free game or something,
and you'd loose your money in the outcome that's if they aren't kind enough to send it to your place

Tetsou88
10-22-2009, 11:23 AM
The legal way you can get this game early is if gamestop(or other retailrs) have a midnight release. Its technically not early, because they're selling it at 12:00AM on release day, but you can get it before the store opens for it normal hours.

I just thought of something. If you live on the border of a time zone, you could technically get the game at 11PM your time, if you went into a time zone where it was 12AM.

caswallawn_2k7
10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
with the way play.com sends out new games (quite often on a Tuesday or Wednesday so they get there for the Friday release) and due tot he price of black they will send it courier so it avoids all postal strikes and comes next day so could have it as early as the Wednesday before it comes out or earlier if they do what some on-line retailers are planing and start shipping even earlier to try to beat the mail strikes.

the mail strikes are the reason the UK was the first place to get windows 7 as micrrosoft allowed all on-line retailers to send copies out a week early.

jimbo11235813
10-22-2009, 01:14 PM
This may sound weird, but I don't want it to come early. The 20th Nov is the day I have off from university, and I don't trust the mail man with my Black edition if I'm out as they often leave the package in the porch where it could be nicked, and I hate it when they deliver it to the neighbour as their notes they leave informing me of what they've done is really easily missed (especially when there is already leaflets or other letters on the floor.) Can't wait though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

com199
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I was under the impression in came out on the 17th in America?

caswallawn_2k7
10-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by com199:
it does but the European release is the 20th.

com199
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by com199:
it does but the European release is the 20th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
are most of the people posting here European?

caswallawn_2k7
10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
it sure seems that way from the recent post's.

joshua200830
10-22-2009, 01:26 PM
it does come out the 17th in America and my gamestop in ohio just informed me that they WILL be having a midnight release for those who Pre-ordered so yayhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NuclearFuss
10-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by com199:

To be honest the fact that it says Black Edition must mean Europe.

com199
10-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by joshua200830:
it does come out the 17th in America and my gamestop in ohio just informed me that they WILL be having a midnight release for those who Pre-ordered so yayhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
man sucks for me I preordered online, I just hope they ship it so it will arrive on the 17th.

sid_94
10-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Tetsou88:
The legal way you can get this game early is if gamestop(or other retailrs) have a midnight release. Its technically not early, because they're selling it at 12:00AM on release day, but you can get it before the store opens for it normal hours.
Yeah they did this with GTA IV and this one game i don't remember the name but they released it a week early
for people who pre-orderd it to boost its sales.

I just thought of something. If you live on the border of a time zone, you could technically get the game at 11PM your time, if you went into a time zone where it was 12AM.