PDA

View Full Version : how long did you take to complete storyline?

jackoLFC
11-27-2009, 07:51 AM
I have just got to venice after playing just under 13 hours, how long did it take you guys to complete the game, do you think the game is to long, short or just right, your thoughts and times please

bladencrowd
11-27-2009, 07:56 AM
18 hours to finish. Did majority of side missions, got altair's armor, and spent time fully upgrading villa. the game was well paced until the end. It seemed very rushed.

Silhouelle
11-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Mine was 19-21 hours, give or take a bit. The game is too short! Even if it took a hundred hours to complete, still it'd be too short! xP

StrikerXCI
11-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Took me around 28 hours but I spent a lot of time in between missions running around. I would have like most of the missions to be spread out at each city instead of doing large portions at each city and then never going back to them.

GTRMiles
11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Still working on Mine. Collecting Everything. Feathers, Treasures. Getting Armours. Fixing the Villa. I'm doing everything. ^_^

An_Idea
11-27-2009, 01:52 PM
about 27 hours because i just had to much fun once i got the medici cape and the venetzia cape http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif, after finishing the story i got the rest of the feathers and glyphs and went achievment hunting XD finished everything last night

ac2 ftw

Kaxen6
11-27-2009, 01:57 PM
17 hours-ish. >_> though I skipped a lot of things since I wanted to make sure I finished before going back to college. Though I am also incompetent so it's not that fast xD

SWJS
11-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Got mine Tuesday, finished it wednesday night after playing non stop for both days.

I'm still playing it.

Captain Tomatoz
11-27-2009, 02:47 PM
19 hours to complete the story and almost 31 hours to get 100% sync http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KentuckyJared
11-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Took me around 20 hours, the game was like reading a book (by book I mean novel), but the ending was forced.

OSnailsO
11-27-2009, 06:33 PM
29 Hours got the armour most feathers all art all weapons upgraded villa all the way then finished. It should have been longer to put more in the end... It felt like it took me 7 min. to get from "I'm old and it should take me a while to finish this fight" to "I finished..."

MrTr1ple
11-27-2009, 06:44 PM
30 hours.

I've had an amazing time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Thank you Ubi.

NekoKera
11-27-2009, 08:37 PM
35 Hours, including Feathers, Glyphs, Achievements, Side Missions, Main Missions, and just plain out messing with the guards and civillians as well as getting the ol' Villa to 100% and my overall Game Stat to 99.2% (as high as I can get it atm.)...all good fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Just for the Main Mission on average took me about 15 hours the other 20 toward side missions ect. from above. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

wwfls1
11-27-2009, 08:43 PM
it takes about the same time as GTA IV for you to complete the game for example took me like 2 and a half days to finish GTA the same with AC2 its about the right amount of time

Baked.Cookie
11-28-2009, 09:45 AM
God, I hope AC3 will be longer, this one only took me like 15-16h, and that's with getting Altair's armor, half the feathers 80%of the side missions, and some screwing around.

EternalRush30
11-28-2009, 09:50 AM
4 days. Storyline wise.

Ezio_475
11-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Took me about 10-11 hours to finish the story and about 45-50 mins to get altairs armor.

jackoLFC
11-28-2009, 01:09 PM
i dont really understand the arguement that the game is to short, by the sounds of it people are averaging around 20 hours playing time. In my ophion that is a good sized single player game. And the people that have rushed the game, why rush? only to complain about the length. Thats like eating somthing fast then moaning "that went fast".

My advice to new players would be not to rush the storyline and just have fun, jumping round, assasination contract (which there are many) , scycrinising everywhere, collect feathers, statues, solving puzzles, finding codex pages, treasures, secret locations, free run races, beat people up, work your way through the assassin chambers, buy everything, try all the weapons for differrant kill moves, the things to do in this game is endless, im coming upto 18 hours gameplay and i just got to venice, the best game ive played in ages.

GhostlyMagic
11-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by jackoLFC:
i dont really understand the arguement that the game is to short, by the sounds of it people are averaging around 20 hours playing time. In my ophion that is a good sized single player game. And the people that have rushed the game, why rush? only to complain about the length. Thats like eating somthing fast then moaning "that went fast".

My advice to new players would be not to rush the storyline and just have fun, jumping round, assasination contract (which there are many) , scycrinising everywhere, collect feathers, statues, solving puzzles, finding codex pages, treasures, secret locations, free run races, beat people up, work your way through the assassin chambers, buy everything, try all the weapons for differrant kill moves, the things to do in this game is endless, im coming upto 18 hours gameplay and i just got to venice, the best game ive played in ages.

The fad in gaming is to beat the game as fast as possible and then boast to people that you beat it. Then an addition to that is where gamers tend to give their 2 cents and turn it into complains and moanings.

I took my time with the game doing side-quests, roaming around, sync towers, and treasures. I took about 25-26 hours to beat the main storyline while the rest were to hunt down feathers. I totaled up 32 hours so far onto the game.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by jackoLFC:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif thank you very much sir you earned a cookie

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_53oMB4-fxXM/SVZZdJntnPI/AAAAAAAAAAM/vXEtrdBFtqI/s1600-R/cookie.gif

birdofpray1985
11-28-2009, 02:03 PM
12 hours of hardcore awesome, but it was wayyyyyyyy to short. it will always be to short.

Ternauwies
11-28-2009, 02:07 PM
13 hours, with all glyps, altair armor, all viewpoints, some feathers, 100% villa, etc. For platinum trophy it took me 2 more hours for the feathers. Total 15 hours for platinum trophy.

That is enough for me, only the game is no fun after the missions. The beating up and assassin side missions are so boring. Why didnt they do a fighting tournament consisting of 10 rounds. First easy opponents and then more and heavy armored opponents competing in a ring. In the mission where you must win the golden mask there is a sort of similar fighting tournament. Don't know why they didn't put such a fighting tournament as a side mission. That would be cool!! Test your skills in the ring!

Otherwise put replayability of the main missions back in the game. There or so many awesome moments in the middle to the end of the game that you just want to play over again and again. Animus 1.0 could do that, why not animus 2.0. It is an upgrade not a downgrade, won't you think???

MightyBMK
11-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Mine is just over 22 hours

TooLazy4Name
11-28-2009, 02:40 PM
11 hours, no side quest, but i got altairs armor and most of the weapons.

Confusious30
11-28-2009, 05:41 PM
26 hours. About 75% and without any cheats/walkthroughs.

Cryps1
11-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Took me about 18 hours, but i just recently finished getting all achievements / feathers

R411hunter
11-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Took me about 5 days to finish the game. Didn't really collect all the feathers but I did climb up view points and explore every assassin chamber. Plus, collecting the codex's pages.

The main storyline quest is fairly short IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong but if your planning on just playing through the story then it'll only take you about 10 or 15 hours.

Impulsez
11-29-2009, 03:36 AM
i finished story line in about 11 hours i'm pretty sure, i'm on i think about 14 - 15 now with altairs armour and sword, all but 1 glyph and only like 24 feathers lol and like 78% trophys

Dynasty2021
11-29-2009, 08:51 AM
23 hours, 46 minutes.

Wow thats alot actually. Spent alot of time messing around and such. I tried to get everything I could in an area, bar the treasures, before I moved on to the next city.

Im having too much fun picking fights and thinking of ways to be sneaky.

And I cant stop drop assassinating random people.

And I havent got all the treasures yet.

100% feathers
100% Villa
100% Tombs and Templar locations
100% Glyphs
100% seals
100% weapons

Im on 82.4% sync.

Ive also got some contract, races and beat up missions to do.

And I need 3 more achievements - street cleaner, sweeping 5 guards with a long weapon and...no-hitter. 10 guards without being hit, hmm, could be fun and tiresome.

Oh and show your colours...and red light addict. Haha.

Have to say, this is the first game Ive been commited to getting a platinum for.

Loved every single minute with this game. The ending was naturally a clifhanger, but that theres a 3rd coming so...its expected.