PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server Download Problem

Akira_251_IJN
01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I am trying to install the FB-AE-PF dedicated server on one of my machines. I donwloaded the 410mb 2.04 server, and the 204 to 3.03 update.
Problem I'm having is that I get CRC errors when I extract the 2.04 server.

I have downloaded it now 4 times from both the UBI ftp and from 3D Gamers and the errors are always the same, which leads me to believe it possibly wasn't packed right.

Here is a copy of the error report I get from WinRar from all 4 downloads:

! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in fb_maps.SFS. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in fb_maps01.SFS. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in fb_maps02.SFS. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in fb_maps03.SFS. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in fb_maps04.SFS. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in fb_maps05.SFS. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in fb_maps06.SFS. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in filesserver.SFS. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: CRC failed in lib\fonts\LucidaSansRegular.ttf. The file is corrupt
! D:\Temp\pf_dedicated_server_v204.exe: Unexpected end of archive

I would really like to get this server going but this is driving me crazy. I even tryed to locate all the patches starting from 1.0 and just update it to 2.04, but thats proving impossible because the files needed are no where to be found.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

crazyivan1970
01-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Where did you get it from? UBI or 3dgamers?

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/il2sturmovik2/server204.exe.html

This one works as far as i can tell

Akira_251_IJN
01-04-2005, 12:06 AM
I have downloaded it twice from UBI's FTP and twice from 3dgamers. The sizes are identical at 410mb and they both give the same errors when extracted.

crazyivan1970
01-04-2005, 12:47 AM
Try winzip

Akira_251_IJN
01-04-2005, 01:07 PM
I have WinRar and WinZip installed on my system. WinZip will not open RAR files and both of these downloads are WInRAR exe files. Does anyone from 1cMAddox check these forums? I'm guessing it was packed wrong since I get the same CRC errors regardless of where it's downloaded from. I also had a squadmate download the file to see if it was a problem on my end and the same error happened to him.

Troll2k
01-04-2005, 01:55 PM
I downloaded the 2.04 server and the 3.03 upgrade from 3dgamers.I have they both installed and running.I had no problems.Mine were self extracting rar files.

Winzip,if configurated properly can run winrar files .

Awhile back I did have a problem with all rar files I d/led not wanting to extract.(not self extracting).I would get an error that said there where no valid rar files to extract.I solved the problem by getting the latest version of winrar.Then all of a sudden all the d/ls that did not work before all worked now.

Joe-90
01-12-2005, 02:40 AM
I had the same problem with the download from 3dgamers yesterday.

Crazyivan, extracting with winrar does not help.

However, the file here does work:

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/server204.exe

StE_JMH
01-12-2005, 08:19 AM
You can download at this direction too, it works!

http://www.checksix-fr.com/

Un saludo