PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions on best offline campaign experience...

wakebrdkid
12-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone, I just got PF for Christmas. I've had IL2 and AEP for a while but I haven't played them recently. Back when I was playing them a lot I had been getting into an offline campaign I had going with the P40. Then on one mission we had to fly over a mountain range and every one of my AI teammates flew straight into the mountain! I got so angry that I quit playing the sims.

Anyways, I just installed PF and I'm getting the new patch. I started a USAAF Pearl Harbor campaign, and it seems pretty cool. The mission briefing actually has some interesting information in it, and it seems fine, albeit a bit hard for me caues I'm still trying to beat the first mission without dying. It seems weird that they'd only give us two planes to take on a bunch of Japanese planes.

But I remember back when I played a lot earlier this year I was really confused over all the campaign options. There was the one that shipped with IL2 and this other DCG one by Lowengrin, I think.

Could you please post what campaign generator you use, and why? And post some general tips that you think make the offline campaign experience more enjoyable? I'm just confused over everything so I want to know how some other people have theirs set up.

Thanks

wakebrdkid
12-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone, I just got PF for Christmas. I've had IL2 and AEP for a while but I haven't played them recently. Back when I was playing them a lot I had been getting into an offline campaign I had going with the P40. Then on one mission we had to fly over a mountain range and every one of my AI teammates flew straight into the mountain! I got so angry that I quit playing the sims.

Anyways, I just installed PF and I'm getting the new patch. I started a USAAF Pearl Harbor campaign, and it seems pretty cool. The mission briefing actually has some interesting information in it, and it seems fine, albeit a bit hard for me caues I'm still trying to beat the first mission without dying. It seems weird that they'd only give us two planes to take on a bunch of Japanese planes.

But I remember back when I played a lot earlier this year I was really confused over all the campaign options. There was the one that shipped with IL2 and this other DCG one by Lowengrin, I think.

Could you please post what campaign generator you use, and why? And post some general tips that you think make the offline campaign experience more enjoyable? I'm just confused over everything so I want to know how some other people have theirs set up.

Thanks

ianboys
12-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Tried a static hand-made campaign?

http://www.61shap.org/files/FALCO_Ian_Boys.zip

wakebrdkid
12-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Thank you very much. Is the one you posted historical or just a fun kind of mixture. I'm game for either. The only static one I knew about was that Battle of Britain one.

So perhaps we can gather some more links to different static ones and get a discussion going on how to get the most out of dynamic campaigns. Have they fixed the problem where they would run into a mountain like what my AI teammates did when I played earlier? If they improved upon the campaigns in PF do these improvements also help FB campaigns I might try to do now?

wakebrdkid
12-27-2004, 10:23 AM
I don't quite understand how to install that campaign you linked to, ianboys. Does it matter which country I unzip the files to in my single missions folder?

VW-IceFire
12-27-2004, 10:34 AM
For dynamic campaigns? I've had good fun with the P-39D New Guinea campaign. But the Okinawa Marine Corps campaign is simply the best so far!