PDA

View Full Version : for those who are worried about buying revelations. my review.

ajl992008
11-19-2011, 07:37 AM
here are the main pros of it:

1. MUCH BETTER STORY- revelations has the best story in the series (yes better than ac2, it flows well and have many cool twists.

2. BETTER MISSION- all missions a varied and fun, these are mission types never seen in previous assassins creed games, acb had a lot of the missions of ac2 but revelations has a fresh new set of mission types.

3. LOCATION- those who are a bit defencive becuase its ezio again, dont worry, the setting is like nothing seen in an assassins creed game, becuase of this its much more fun to explore.

4. BRAND NEW ADDITIONS- the hook blade and bombs in particular- they flow well and belong in an assassins creed game, they are very innovative. people complained in e3, Gamescom etc that ubisoft are not focusing on core mechanics, the hook blade and bombs are core mechanics and completely change the game. stuff like den defence is good but not the highlight of the game.

5. TONNES OF SMALL ADDITIONS- these change the way you interact in the cities, there are new shops, new factions, new collectables, new side missions, new hiding spots, random events, new enemy types and new ways of interaction with people in game, an example is the conversations in crowds, they are much better done than in previous games, it makes you fell like its a living breathing city.

6. GRAPHICS- grpahics have improved dramatically, miles better than other acs

7. CONCLUSION TO EZIO AND ALTAIR'S STORIES- they get a perfect conclusion, altair's gameplay is a bit short, in total taking 15 minutes per seal so your looking at roughly 1 hour to an hour and a half.

8. DESMOND GETS SOME BACK STORY- although gameplay is either you hate it or you love it it does give a good back story to Desmond (his sections are 1st person platforming but as i said its either you hate it or you love it.

9. THE ENDING- this is the most epic ending of all the AC games, it is worth it.

10. MULTIPLAYER- it is greatly improved and is miles better than brotherhood, there is just current server issues but that happens with all games and can be fixed after release.

the main cons:

1.THE BEGINNING- the beginning could have been better, starts in a random place, they should have had a better intro.

2. SIDE MISSIONS- not as many side missions as brotherhood, i think this is good because they spent more time on the main story but think of it as in between ac2 and acb so more side missions that ac2 but not as much as acb.

3. SOME MISSIONS ARE 50/50- as I said before there are some missions like the Desmond missions and den defence that are either you like it or you hate it so its up to you if they are pros or cons.

4. MASYAF AND SURROUNDING LOCATIONS ARE NOT FREE ROAM- this was something that i didn't like, although the overall game was good it would have been good to visit masyaf and the surrounding kingdom, this would have been a good way to introduce horse which you don't see in the game except for exotic segments.however constantinople is huge, 80% the size of rome and cappadocia is roughly 3 times the size of masyaf and can be accessed any time so its pretty large.

5. ALTAIR MISSIONS ARE A LITTLE SHORT- they could have been longer but they are good mission and give good revelations on altair but still they could have been longer

overall i give revelations 9/10, it recaptures that magic that made ac2 so special. in my opinion its better than ac2 with all the improvements of brotherhood and some big game changers itself.

comment to tell me what you think of the game

freddie_1897
11-19-2011, 09:04 AM
I agree with you. I think the location is amazing, really diverse and large. But I don't like the den defence. I havnt completed it yet but so far I would also give it a 9/10

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Why didn't you talk about gameplay at all? I want to know if the combat is still as boring as smash buttons like in AcB or not. I want to know if stealth is now as rewarded as in Ac1 (and a bit in ac2) or if it keeps as slow compared to combat as in Acb?.

I've read along this forum that the story is noway meanfull to the main plot (desmond).

AcB advanced in the desmond part of the story, but i heard desmond learns nothing we don't already know in this game :X

LightRey
11-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Why didn't you talk about gameplay at all? I want to know if the combat is still as boring as smash buttons like in AcB or not. I want to know if stealth is now as rewarded as in Ac1 (and a bit in ac2) or if it keeps as slow compared to combat as in Acb?.

I've read along this forum that the story is noway meanfull to the main plot (desmond).

AcB advanced in the desmond part of the story, but i heard desmond learns nothing we don't already know in this game :X
Then you read the forum wrong.

ajl992008
11-19-2011, 09:53 AM

so u bashed everything i said over two questions which u could have just asked?

the combat is similar but guards arre in some respects more difficult, particularly the jannisaries, they take many hits before they go down, when claiming assassins dens its a lot more difficult becuase firemen have cover which means you cant go upclose for the kill and need projectiles. stealth is done better in this game than in previous games, not to the extent of ac1 but more than ac2 and acb, bombs help with this, i have used distraction bombs many times when trying to get into an area.

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ajl992008:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

the combat is similar but guards arre in some respects more difficult, particularly the jannisaries, they take many hits before they go down, when claiming assassins dens its a lot more difficult becuase firemen have cover which means you cant go upclose for the kill and need projectiles. stealth is done better in this game than in previous games, not to the extent of ac1 but more than ac2 and acb, bombs help with this, i have used distraction bombs many times when trying to get into an area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't bash everything, i read it... and i'm really reconsidering buying the game... I'm really worried about if the story is really nice or it's just ezio/altair and desmond past about or if we get any advance in the world saving thing... Also, i want to play the multiplayer, that might be the only point that would make me buy the game if the singleplayer is acceptable...

Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Then you read the forum wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any REVELATIONS other than things we could already know if we pay attaction to the past games?

I've heard we only learn that desmond's, ezio's and altair's apple are the same (that's what they have in common) but i already knew it.
And there is a view showing how the first civilization ended but i already knew it too...

Is there any other revelation or it's named Assassin's Creed: Revelations for nothing? (if there is something past games did not reveal please do not spoile it to me, just say there are more revelations others then that.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Is there any other revelation or it's named Assassin's Creed: Revelations for nothing? (if there is something past games did not reveal please do not spoile it to me, just say there are more revelations others then that.
WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Actually, we learn that those apples are not the same. We learn that Ezio's (and therefore Desmond's) apple was a different one than Alta´r's and that it came from Cyprus, while Alta´r's apple was stored in his library. Alta´r had used the apple in Cyprus as a decoy to make sure that people wouldn't come looking for his apple until Ezio got the chance to get it.

The game also tells what Desmond went through before the events of AC1 and how and why he escaped The Farm.

It shows just what the Temples are and what they're for. they're apparently some kind of supercomputers that work to collect data to find a way to prevent the end of the world. Jupiter also explains that all the temples send their data to one main temple in New York State, where Desmond, William, Shaun and Rebecca just got to at the end of the game and that temple is likely one dedicated to using the data to both find and possibly implement a way to save the world (with the help of Desmond).</span>

There's lots more. I'll say it again, you read the forum wrong.

ajl992008
11-19-2011, 11:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajl992008:

the combat is similar but guards arre in some respects more difficult, particularly the jannisaries, they take many hits before they go down, when claiming assassins dens its a lot more difficult becuase firemen have cover which means you cant go upclose for the kill and need projectiles. stealth is done better in this game than in previous games, not to the extent of ac1 but more than ac2 and acb, bombs help with this, i have used distraction bombs many times when trying to get into an area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't bash everything, i read it... and i'm really reconsidering buying the game... I'm really worried about if the story is really nice or it's just ezio/altair and desmond past about or if we get any advance in the world saving thing... Also, i want to play the multiplayer, that might be the only point that would make me buy the game if the singleplayer is acceptable...

Originally posted by LightRey:

Then you read the forum wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any REVELATIONS other than things we could already know if we pay attaction to the past games?

I've heard we only learn that desmond's, ezio's and altair's apple are the same (that's what they have in common) but i already knew it.
And there is a view showing how the first civilization ended but i already knew it too...

Is there any other revelation or it's named Assassin's Creed: Revelations for nothing? (if there is something past games did not reveal please do not spoile it to me, just say there are more revelations others then that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont read what lightrey wrote as then theres no point in buying the game becuase you know the ending, there are revelations on altair, on ezio and on desmond and some revelations on the first civ, you dont learn much about subject 16 but what u do see of him is interesting, you dont learn why lucy gets stabbed but you do know what happened to her, as i said the story is so good its worth it but for u im not sure now coz it seems youve gone and spoiled the entire plot for yourself so it wont have as much of an impact. i really didnt enjoy brotherhood and ac2 was my fav game of all time and im telling you its better than ac2, shorter yes but so much better, this game took me roughly 13 hours to complete, ac1 and acb took me 10 hour and ac2 took me 17 hours but the story in revelations is so good, im gonna finish all the side missions then replay it.