PDA

View Full Version : Less common tactics

SolidSage
12-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Thief Looting is awesome. Why waste time pick pocketing or looting bodies yourself? Employ a thief troop and let them do the work while you just beat guards up. Easiest way to generate money and items fast. Try to keep all four of them alive to maximize their potential, and voila, a small investment can return big dividends. Entrepeneurial spirit and all that.

More to follow..

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
I like to employ Mercs alot - esp. for guards who decide to push you.
When they mistreat me, I call in assassins or mercs lol.
Sometimes the only justice you can get in life is in games. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

But ok, do you mean hiring thieves to rob guards?

PhiIs1618033
12-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Bomb longshots are a lot of fun. Select a cherry bomb to lure your target to a location you can hit him, then throw a datura/splinter/thunder bomb.
Screening, in SP, that is. Basically, you break the line of sight by standing behind an object.
Crouching. Hold RT+A (R1+X on PS3) and don't move the directional stick. Ezio will crouch. If you want to get out, just release RT and Ezio will stand up. You can't walk, but it's a useful technique to use in combination with screening.
Dead body distractions. Kill a nearby guard in low-profile, the other guards will go to investigate, allowing you to slip by. Very common in AC1, but often neglected in later games.

That's all for now. :P

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Screening, in SP, that is. Basically, you break the line of sight by standing behind an object.

Due to the added Riflemen in boxes, this was a must. lol

I'd hire Mercs & send them to kill off a group of guards when I was going in to take a tower - and I'd usually be able to just move around in the fight to maneuver behind a guard & do a quick hidden blade kill.
That spared the Merc fighters longer to kill off more guards.

Also, if a Coward capt. fled before I could get to him, I'd go do an errand or 2 (send out some recruits for leveling) -
then come back a little early before his "shift" started again lol
then wipe out the entire area ahead of time. By the time the Capt arrives, he isn't spooked by a dead body (they're removed from his area already) or any fighting near him.
i'm able to just air assassinate him as I wait where he's at.

It helped w/ the Coward Captns.

InfectedNation
12-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Counter-steal Execution - A Brilliant execution tactic against Varangians and other spear/halberd-wielding enemies who cannot be countered in ACR . Simply perform a counter steal on an enemy and press attack straight afterwards. Works with any melee weapon.

Provoking targets - Effective in missions such as "Into the Shadows" - bumping into an unaware guard (or gaining the attention of a hostile guard) and luring them into a deserted area/hiding spot for an incognito kill.

Nothing special, but rather neglected by many players.

naran6142
12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
fast money - just sell all your bomb making stuff, youll make 1000's easy

something as simple as just using throwing knifes in combat, like when a jannisary is going to shot you

LordWolv
12-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I love screening. I often go on a rooftop, and as the archer walks around all the edges, I move in conjunction around a chimney. Quite amusing actually.

And of course, very fast money. If you went like me, I completed ALL of the story missions without selling a single bomb ingredient; while still collecting them. I went to Piri Reis and made A22,000!

maxriderules
12-13-2011, 02:03 PM
One tactic I like is climbing up to the top of the mosque next to the janissary camp. If you're using impact or sticky shells, you can bomb the hell out of them before parachuting in and mopping up.

SolidSage
12-13-2011, 02:25 PM
@Prodigurl
Just hire them and then go about your business normally. They'll pickpocket people as you lead them around and then when you kill a bunch of guards they will auto loot them for you while you haul butt to the next group you want to jack.

@PhiIs
I'm going to try the crouch. I've been doing it on roof edges but never employ it on the ground. I sure do make a lot of noise about there not being a crouch in AC though so I guess I had better shut me mouf.

@Isaac
I use the screen on rooftop guards. let them see me then duck behind a chimney and play follow the leader around it until I get bored and make him go night night.

@Infected nation
I'ma try that counter steal execution.

@Narin
I'm a big knife user, they're fast and effective when you're haulin butt. I'm kinda diggin bombs and recruits as nife alternatives though. Recruits take a second though so sometimes you still get shot.

@Maxride
Sticky bombs are cool, as long as you lock the guard they are always on target, nice to throw one on a guard as premptive strike then engage them in combat knowing your bomb is about to back you up....as long as you use the right mix. Janissaries exploding lambs blood everywhere mid combat causes them some real issues.

@All
Heavy Weapon Throw
I go on and on about this. In earlier AC's you had to line up from range and then do it to be effective but in ACR, you can be in full on close combat, getting on and then when that Janisarry wants to hinder your flow, hold X for just an extra second longer, release, and then sit back and watch while he catches your axe with his face! Fun Fun!

keep em coming, someone mentioned a way to throw multiple knives at once, I missed this somehow, anyone care to expand?

maxriderules
12-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
keep em coming, someone mentioned a way to throw multiple knives at once, I missed this somehow, anyone care to expand?

If you use the movement/aiming thing to make several guard highlighted then you should throw several knives (up to 3). I'm not really sure how to explain...

AdmiralPerry
12-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Been doing the screening and the crouching since AC2 at least. And whoever made the catch about counter stealing the varangians, good one! I should try it.

I would try using dead bodies as a distraction more, but nothing seems to get my butt detected quicker. So I pretty much abandoned it.

One move I found while playing Brotherhood was very helpful for getting around guard roadblocks. I think it could also be done in AC2 as well, but not in AC1. Anyway, you sprint toward the guards, and just as you get close to them, tap the B button (I think you have to do it twice, quickly) and Ezio will do a failed tackle, where he rolls by the guards and pushes them out of the way if they're too close. Great for those pesky roadblocks, no hookblade required. I just wish I had an idea for running away from Agiles when they begin to catch up, short of climbing a building...

SupremeCaptain
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
When against a group of Janissaries, keep moving to avoid unexpected gunfire.

If you notice a Janissary point a gun at you and you can't attack him, keep strafing, you will have invincibility frames.

Also, to those struggling against them, put your back to them, they will eventually grab you, pull them off you and when they fall on the floor (Do not attack right after you counter, let them hit the floor), quickly get close and attack. You will OHKO them.

If a Janissary blocks your kilstreak, keep mashing Square (X for 360) and aim for another guard. You will usually keep the streak, however be prepared to block as they will attack more occasionally.

SolidSage
12-13-2011, 09:03 PM
@SupremeCaptain
You reminded me, when using the Hook & Run, holding B (360) makes Ezio vault clean, if you tap B though, he vaults then drags the guard over his back to the ground, where its a simple matter to lock and ground execute. Good opener for a brawl.

I used the tackle a lot, for the same reason as above, never missed as a method though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
I avoid chasing seekers by mantling something in the street, like a stall or step or something, their animation always seems to slow them a bit, long enough to get distance between that irritating back slash they are so fond of.

LordWolv
12-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Do you know of the 'Air Tackle'?
Basically, you get to the edge of a rooftop and hold down LT + B. You'll jump off like you're assassinating someone, and land on a civilian (if one is there). If there are guards in the area, you'll land on them before you land on civilians, and that will trigger a fight.

BUT, if you're looking for a way to get to the ground quickly and there's lots of civilians and no guards, it makes for a fun but effective way.

ProdiGurl
12-14-2011, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
@SupremeCaptain
You reminded me, when using the Hook & Run, holding B (360) makes Ezio vault clean, if you tap B though, he vaults then drags the guard over his back to the ground, where its a simple matter to lock and ground execute. Good opener for a brawl.

I used the tackle a lot, for the same reason as above, never missed as a method though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
I avoid chasing seekers by mantling something in the street, like a stall or step or something, their animation always seems to slow them a bit, long enough to get distance between that irritating back slash they are so fond of.

that was another reason I loved the Hookblade.
That helped me out alot w/ harder guards, I'd run away from the fight & make a run for the guard w/ the Hookblade button & they'd end up on the ground for me.

Do you know of the 'Air Tackle'?
Basically, you get to the edge of a rooftop and hold down LT + B. You'll jump off like you're assassinating someone, and land on a civilian (if one is there). If there are guards in the area, you'll land on them before you land on civilians, and that will trigger a fight.

No I didn't know about that one, I'll try it thanks.

Inorganic9_2
12-14-2011, 04:27 AM
I hate agiles...and the fact that a heavily-armed Janissary seems to be able to run as fast as an agile :s Anyway, the trick I have for thme is, when they catch up, let go of X and then tap it again and Ezio will jump. For some reason, they seem to stop momentarily when he does, allowing you to gain ground again.

Does anyone have any moments where getting Byzantines to fight the Ottomans is a viable technique? I've never seen an opportunity where I can distract them by making them fight to my advantage. I imagine I could, when taking a den, hook & run and get a load of Ottomans to chase me into a Byzantine patrol that I want to slip by.

PhiIs1618033
12-14-2011, 04:30 AM
NEVER OPEN A FIGHT WITH ANYTHING BUT THE HIDDEN BLADE. Boom, 4 guards dead within seconds.

Kailiokalani
12-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Coward Den Leaders are a fun challenge but if one is giving you trouble all you really have to do as a fail-safe is plant a tripwire bomb in front of the Den entrance.

ProdiGurl
12-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
NEVER OPEN A FIGHT WITH ANYTHING BUT THE HIDDEN BLADE. Boom, 4 guards dead within seconds.
For me the Dagger/short blade seem to do the trick the fastest.

Coward Den Leaders are a fun challenge but if one is giving you trouble all you really have to do as a fail-safe is plant a tripwire bomb in front of the Den entrance.

They're almost always trouble for me. You basically have to keep all combat away from them or they take off for the rest of the day/night.
Tripwire was always intimidating to me so I never used it but I'll give this a go when I replay it.

Bombs are a great element of using more strategy for me during missions so this will be interesting.
I read somewhere that it's partly why following the Trails in Eagle Sense is important, you can plant those according to their route.

Inorganic9_2
12-14-2011, 05:14 AM
The only trouble with tripwires is that I cannot seem to lure guards into them. Civilians always walk the patrol route of coward leaders!

Has anyone else noticed that some den leaders can;t be air assassinated? The one who patrols near Gul Cami (Bayezid North?) in particular. I always get him from where the thieves stand with the hidden gun.

LightRey
12-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
The only trouble with tripwires is that I cannot seem to lure guards into them. Civilians always walk the patrol route of coward leaders!

Has anyone else noticed that some den leaders can;t be air assassinated? The one who patrols near Gul Cami (Bayezid North?) in particular. I always get him from where the thieves stand with the hidden gun.
You could use a non-lethal bomb (like a smoke bomb) or place the trip wire bomb in a secluded location and then use a distraction (like another bomb).

Inorganic9_2
12-14-2011, 06:03 AM
The only time I've managed to get a trip wire to work was with datura tripwire in the Yerebatan Cistern. That felt awesome though, placing a tripwire bomb on a dead body, the leader goes to investigate and bang!

TheTruth3402
12-14-2011, 07:59 AM
2 things:

1. LightRey alluded to this one. Cherry bomb + Tripwire Datura bomb. Investigate that, Janissaries!

2. A. Hire Romanies B. Pickpocket unsuspecting civilians C. Profit D. ???(try it)

ProdiGurl
12-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
The only time I've managed to get a trip wire to work was with datura tripwire in the Yerebatan Cistern. That felt awesome though, placing a tripwire bomb on a dead body, the leader goes to investigate and bang!

AC goes COD lol.

That cistern was kool, the last area before you leave was harder, as soon as you land on the ground they come looking for you.

I've commented before that they didn't such a variety of bombs, but there should be some variety . . which ones did you use most?

I use Cherry, smoke (skunk once) & Datura, Splinters w/ the Impact Shell.

I didn't find any need for that fuse shell where it bounces. Also, Arabic powder or British. (British just snuffed more citizens tho)

Inorganic9_2
12-14-2011, 08:38 AM
I always carried one of two sets of bombs:

Fuse splinter
Impact smoke
Fuse cherry or fuse smoke signal

I found little use for any of the others, so I was a little disappointed by the bomb variety promised.

ProdiGurl
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
I had a fuse shell datura in the Cistern on my first gameplay and it was useless, that was the last time I used fuses.
I sold those to Piri.

The only thing I missed was being able to drop a quick smoke bomb to escape an area...
was there some command I missed that lets you just drop it instead of line it up & throw it?

The one that really did nothing helpful was the lambsblood one. And it doesn't work very long. I used it on the Janissaries in the Minstrel mission.
Skunk oil worked pretty well, I'm just concerned that they can still see me - in jobs where you have to remain undetected, I prefer smoke to be sure I won't be spotted.

Inorganic9_2
12-14-2011, 09:00 AM
That got me hit many times. You can throw it on the floor, but you have to have unlocked at the time. Spoiler, I suppose:

When I tried to escape from the Janissary camp after killing Tarik, the amount of times Ezio threw a smoke bomb at a distant Janissary, rather than at his own feet, was kind of irritating. In the end, I decided I should've brought caltrops and thrown them as I hook & run away.

Did anyone else notice that throwing bombs while running was also rather difficult (due to the button placement)

ProdiGurl
12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Yes.
For the Janissary escape, I ended up doing a "custom marker" on the map [just before I did my business] right where the water starts to the right.
When I went to run away right after, I knew my direction by the marker, so I attempted a FAILED smoke bomb throw & took off for the water. It's not far away, so I just head right there & dive into the water.

My first gameplay I didn't do that & I couldn't get rid of them or get away... they're relentless. I was SO frustrated

InfectedNation
12-14-2011, 01:54 PM
I was so annoyed, Before killing <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Tarik</span> I set up 3 tripwire smokescreen bombs along my escape route.

Kill him, go to make my escape and my bombs have disappeared - fml.

Anyway keep adding to the tactics people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Inorganic9_2
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
I've yet to attempt this new escape method from the Janissary camp, but it seems viable:

Hook and run over the Janissaries blocking your way and take the nearest zipline. My first tactic was to run towards the Bayezid North tower, hop over the crane and then down into the hay cart right outside the tower. However, I then realised that you cannot go anonymous while in the yellow area, so I have another idea.

Take the first zipline as usual, but continue running onwards, rather than turning left to the crane. I think that should take you to the zipline which goes over the aqueduct. I'd like to see if that takes you out of the yellow area.

ProdiGurl
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
I was so annoyed, Before killing <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Tarik</span> I set up 3 tripwire smokescreen bombs along my escape route.

Kill him, go to make my escape and my bombs have disappeared - fml.

Anyway keep adding to the tactics people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LOL I can just picture you carefully crafting this elaborate trap and waiting to see them go down.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif $*@)#(*@(&%*@&#@(*
lol

Dagio12
12-14-2011, 02:32 PM
I enjoy using a tripwire bomb and placing them at the door way of the templar den. Then get on a roof, make your presence known to the den leader, and watch him make a run for safety.... as he gets to his little door.... BOOM!. no more den leader. haha

SolidSage
12-15-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm sure everyone already uses this but what the heck. Speed up your free run by Avoiding mantling. Whenever possible, run up the higher element (walls, etc) but before you go into the mantle animation, jump to the side if there is a surface. Then instead of hanging and clambering up, your dude will, a lot of the time, jump and place his feet on the surface and you can keep on hauling without the slow mantle interlude. Its all about the speed.

Inorganic9_2
12-15-2011, 05:16 PM
What's mantling?

SolidSage
12-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Its when Ezio runs up a wall and due to the height, he grabs and then has to haul his body up. It interrupts the fluidity sometimes.
Usually I use the technique I mentioned, when running the routes that go around the perimeter of buildings. So you'll run along some ledges or overhangs, hop over a couple of sign holders maybe, swing off of something etc, but frequently you will come to an element, whether it's like a trellis or just a higher sign holder, that Ezio can't jump to with his feet, but will instead have to mantle. instead of conti uing straight and grabbing with hands, turn sideways fast, run up the wall a bit, then jump off back to the direction of the original higher element.
Basically instead of going straight you do a little zig zag up a wall and then jump and he'll reach the high surface with his feet, avoiding the use of hands and maintaining the fluidity of the run.
Writing it out makes it sound longer and slower, but it's not really a detour, just a left jump right (or reverse) and it maintains the high pace. Good for ditching pursuers or winning races or just cruising the city in Demon mode http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Zoidberg747
12-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I like to start chases with janissaries, agile guards etc. and when they get close throw a caltrop bomb. Works every timeXD

If guards are far away all you have to do is get the gun out. It auto locks and you pick them off one by one. It looks hilarious as well.

I used to do this in AC2, but when you poison the guard lagging behind the other guards will investigate that and give you time to strike.

This one is more for fun. Throw a cherry bomb straight at the guards to make them chase you. Hide around a corner and wait for them. Once they turn the corner use a caltrop bomb, then use a sticky shrapnel bomb on one of them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

naran6142
12-17-2011, 12:15 PM
here a good one for killing jannisarries

use the sword gun combo on a weak enemy like an agile and you can kill a full health jannisary with one shot

value_zero
12-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:

use the sword gun combo on a weak enemy like an agile and you can kill a full health jannisary with one shot

This is not a good one, since you are vaulerable to 3th janny that decide to shot at you at the same time, and you arent imunne. I'll post video somewhen soon.

LightRey
12-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by value_zero:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

This is not a good one, since you are vaulerable to 3th janny that decide to shot at you at the same time, and you arent imunne. I'll post video somewhen soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You also can't really control who you shoot.

naran6142
12-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by value_zero:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

This is not a good one, since you are vaulerable to 3th janny that decide to shot at you at the same time, and you arent imunne. I'll post video somewhen soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya thats true, but its one of the only ways to kill a jannisary with one shot

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I like to start chases with janissaries, agile guards etc. and when they get close throw a caltrop bomb. Works every timeXD

I need to learn that trick. I have a hard time using a bomb while moving at all.

smengler
12-17-2011, 02:37 PM
The only thing I missed was being able to drop a quick smoke bomb to escape an area...
was there some command I missed that lets you just drop it instead of line it up & throw it?

Tapping "triangle", instead of holding it down will let you throw the bomb at your feet while running (not a good idea to use with explosives).

Inorganic9_2
12-18-2011, 09:23 AM
I've just realised that stink bombs are better for holding guards off than I thought! Here's how I used one:

There's an area with a rare bomb stash being guarded by elites and Janissaries. I set up a tripwire stink bomb (left over from that Piri Reis mission) and positioned myself on roof above the stash. I threw a sticky cherry bomb (doesn't bounce and has a long fuse so I had more time to get myself into position to drop down) on the other side of the trip wire and waited. It detonated, the Janissaries and elites came to investigate and set off the trip wire. I drop down, run to the stash, loot it and I'm out of there before they return. It seems the smell kept them distracted for longer than I thought it would! It's a nice clean and kill-less approach.

Does anyone have any locations where it's possible to get Byzantines and Ottomans into a fight as a way of getting round them? I have one so far; Fatih Cami. I'm going to try a pyrite coin bomb to get the riflemen in conflict with the Janissaries guarding the Mosque (perhaps allowing me access to the Mosque's courtyard as well) I sometimes wish Ottomans would patrol closer to Byzantine territory.

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I love caltrops. Fumbling around at their feet going 'Ow! Ow! Ow!'

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by smengler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The only thing I missed was being able to drop a quick smoke bomb to escape an area...

Tapping "triangle", instead of holding it down will let you throw the bomb at your feet while running (not a good idea to use with explosives). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh really? Why's that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I did tap the key before but it ended up going up too far for the smoke to work - I have some technique perfecting to do when I get the game again.

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 01:18 PM
We all know that Ezio is immortal to his own bombs. Don't be silly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
We all know that Ezio is immortal to his own bombs. Don't be silly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Well of course, if I was a bomb, I wouldn't mess with that man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Saqaliba
12-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Using an Impact Shell coinbomb on guards during a fight will draw civilians in who then act as vigilantes and grab the guards making one hit kills possible. This is especially effective when surrounded by Jannisaries. I use fists to beat them down ftom behind. To mix it up I drop a coin bomb on a bunch of guards and either air tackle whilst having a group of theives hired. The theives take out the restrained guards. Alternatively during a fight use coin bomb and assassins. Looks wild when there is a heap of civilians.

Another tactic I use is impact smoke bombs and then either assassins or multiple target throwing knives. When the smoke clears the guards are all mysteriously dead.

Too make tripwire most useful use them in alcoves or doorways to areas that civilians do not frequent. Or alternatively use a tripwire in the open but place a dead body in a way that it will lure them from the path of blast.

My favourite is dropping a smoke bomb on guards as they pass bales of hay and then doing a leap of faith and dragging them into the bale. When the smoke clears the guards have magically dissapeared.

A good way to chain tripwire is to strategically pace out dead bodies with a tripwire datura on each one. Then use a sulphur distraction to lure the gaurds into the vicinity of the first body. As they check each one. Poooof!

Luring to hiding spots. Use a sticky pouch next to a hiding spot. Then wait. When the guards get close you can stealth assassinate then. Works well next to seats as it gives you time to be seated without scaring of the other seated civilians. But equally effective near roof top hidouts, wells and bales of hay, flowers and tents. If there is more than one guard make sure the other ones don't see you or your cover is blown. The best way to do this is to drop the sticky so that the guards walk past your location rather than straight to it then kill the last man so that the others don't see it. Alternatively call the assassins just before your attack so that their kill coincides with yours.

Wait near a gaurd trail that passes by a scaffold. When they are close toss a sticky sulphur on top of it. They will all get up to investigate. When they are up there tear it down and watch them all topple to their death.

I have also discovered that the Phosphorus has the same visual distractive effect as the Salt of Petra making the salt somewhat obsolete since you can tecnically have the sulphur and phosphorus armed simultaneously giving two diversion effects and one tactical! Whilst shrapnel and coal dust work the same as sulphur for a auditorial lure, though a little more dangerous to civilians in the path and also tend to detonate any tripwires in their blast radius.

Standing on top of a locked well when guards are chasing and dropping a splinter at Ezio's feet and he will fall straight into the well while wounding the guards.

The coal dust and shrapnel both destroy scaffolding allowing you to bring them down onto guards from a distance.

SolidSage
12-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Don't know if its been mentioned yet but, No lock combat.
This is good when factions or civilians are involved, keeping guards occupied. Sometimes I can get away with it with no help though. Basically, during combat, unlock the enemy, then you are free to run, but instead of running away, run behind them and give them a quick stab in the back execution. Repeat.

Inorganic9_2
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I like the idea of civilians grabbing guards after a coin bomb is used. I might use it when getting to a contested Den. Nice!

Voltige2011
12-19-2011, 06:35 PM
1.Turn off my SSI outside of den defense.
2.Pick a combat setup my recruits use, (crossbow, blades and fist).
3. Only use tripwire bombs, its just so much more of a guerrilla thing if you do.
Basically I setup a tripwire inside a secluded area, provoke a guard so he follows me, as soon as the mines go off, I pull out my bow and start picking them off.
4. Let Templars run right into your den, open you barricades and literally watch them run right in.....
5. To find a specific target, find them on the full map, set a market, and use eagle sense, it makes a giant pillar over their heads.
6.Tripwire smokes near haystacks.
7. Climbing the tower near the jannisary camp, them throwing all 25 bombs down.
8. Ever use two parachutes for speed? Jump off a high surface and release, then as you fall faster open another one and your going as fast as you were falling.
9. Strap a sticky bomb on a thief and send them after a guard troop.
10. Going to a den,failing it, killing everyone in sight, then disposing the bodies, when the captain is back just do whatever, make him think he has a chance.
11. Using hookblade for Ottomans and any other weapon for Byzantines.
12. Prototype 2 style shock and awe. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WncKkVdZWto&feature=player_embedded)
13. Going to Cappadocia to try and make ultimate enemies.(Will do tommorow.)
14.Non-lock style fighting.
15. When I used a dagger I used to do a hook-and-run, attack the guy closest to me, then let the combat flow from there.
16. Note:Combat hookblade maneuvers different from free maneuvers.

SolidSage
12-19-2011, 07:49 PM
@Voltige
I like your tactics.

And I agree, Prototype 2 looks HORRIBLE. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

LordWolv
12-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Voltige2011:
9. Strap a sticky bomb on a thief and send them after a guard troop.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Own 'lil suicide bomber.