PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling Il2 46 and correct order

sledgehammer2
01-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I tried to search for a thread that would address this so I wouldn't ask a question that has been asked many times before - but I didn't find a really recent one that I liked. I have windows XP and I just had my system wiped out so I am reinstalling. Don't I go from the boxed 1946 edition, then to the 4.08m patch, then to the 4.09m patch? I always used to run the merged install so I think I need the m series of patches. Is that the correct sequence? Thanks.
Sledgehammer2

AndyJWest
01-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Yes, that's correct. The DVD is 4.07, patch 4.08m then 4.09m. I did it myself a few days ago after reformatting. It is wise to do a quick check at each stage to ensure it is working. If you haven't got the patches, M4T seems to be the most reliable place to get them. Don't forget there is also a 4.09m skin patch, and the manuals too.

sledgehammer2
01-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes, thanks. I'll deal with that after I get it running. Hopefully I won't have too many problems. I looked at my dxdiag and I have Windows 5.1 it looks like. I'm downloading the 4.09 patch to my desk top so I will have it for later when I get to that point. Man, it takes forever!

sledgehammer2
01-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Also wante to add that I tried to download from M4T but it said I needed to be a member. I think I actually joined a long time ago but I couldn't remember my password so I submitted what I thought it would have been. It came back and said they were reviewing my app. So I went to another plave and found it - from one of the threads on it in general discussion.