PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone think German of 4.0 became weak?

Panzer152
07-11-2005, 04:24 AM
As the title said,My Ta152 or 190D even 262 was caught by American P47 and P51 and P38 when I was climb...
And the Tempest performed so good, I cann`t believe it`s Attacher but not fighter

SeaFireLIV
07-11-2005, 04:32 AM
This is simply not enough information. What you say isn`t making much sense. I assume you mean 4.01, not 4.00 for a start?

Panzer152
07-11-2005, 04:34 AM
Sorry,you are right, puzzled me is4.01
Well,
Japanese fighters liked weaked too.

Vipez-
07-11-2005, 04:50 AM
yes english yours very well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Abel29A
07-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Well I have noticed a slightly increase in allied speed as opposed to german AC's. For instance on the Desert map last night my 109F4 was struggling to get away from a pair of Spit VB's. (Altough I assume this is related to the AI not overheating while I had to reduced throttle from time to time to avoid it)

I also find the TA-152 to have a almost non-existent superiority of handling/speed at high alts as compared to the P51D now - but I dont know much about it so this might very well be hiostorically correct.

The guns however are better - so the germans have the edge there at last http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My 109E4 can hold its own against three or four Spits VB simply because I jsut need a .5 second window of opportunity to cripple them. Makes for some excellent head on fights http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also the FW190D is excellent in weapon power now - but tangling with late war russian fighters do require a slight increase in energy superiority to avoid getting caught all the time.

Chuck_Older
07-11-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Panzer152:
Sorry,you are right, puzzled me is4.01
Well,
Japanese fighters liked weaked too.

What do you mean by "weaked"?

From what you have posted, all I see is that you think that US planes climb too well, or that Axis planes don't climb well enough

We do need information here...the confusion isn't which version of the sim you're flying, it's the circumstances you were in

What type of climb? What altitude? How much fuel did you have? How much fuel did they have? What map?

A P-51, for example, is not automatically a worse climber than a Bf 109. "Bud" Anderson relates a story in which he goes into a climbing fight with a Bf 109, and the Bf 109 stalled a bit before he did, enabling him to get the victory

A P-38 historically could actually climb away from many Japanese aircraft- in a high speed shallow climb

So you see, the context in which you seem to be having trouble is important

Panzer152
07-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Well,I just compared them in quick combat.100% fuel,1000 meters of altitude. All settings are the same to 3.04 or earlier version.
I found only above 5000 meters Ta152 would caught a p51,but they would never caught p47 if p47 keep on climb in a circle.
I just can not understand the change.
Thanks.

Capt._Tenneal
07-11-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm just waiting for Leadspitter. He should come through the door anytime now (if the mods don't close this first). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

joeap
07-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Well,I just compared them in quick combat.100% fuel,1000 meters of altitude. All settings are the same to 3.04 or earlier version.
I found only above 5000 meters Ta152 would caught a p51,but they would never caught p47 if p47 keep on climb in a circle.
I just can not understand the change.
Thanks.

Hmmm quick combat is the worst way to test especially with 100% fuel, some would be burned off before getting to 5000 M you know? What map? Crimea is best, take off from the ground. Make an NTRK of your combat and maybe we can see what's wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

VW-IceFire
07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
As the title said,My Ta152 or 190D even 262 was caught by American P47 and P51 and P38 when I was climb...
And the Tempest performed so good, I cann`t believe it`s Attacher but not fighter
No I don't think that. Blue is kicking reds **** right now on the various servers online, mostly because blue now has historical advantages and reds have been lax with their teamplay for far too long.

German planes got a bit of a boost if anything.

The Tempest IS a fighter. Stop reading the paltry history books that display it only as an bomber. Its not...its a premier RAF fighter at low and medium altitudes. The vast majority of missions undertaken by Tempests were fighter sweeps.

BSS_CUDA
07-11-2005, 10:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/CUDA97045/BABY.jpg

faustnik
07-11-2005, 11:23 AM
German planes got a bit of a boost if anything.

That's for sure! The correction adding the minengeschoss rounds to the Mg151 loadout in 4.01 has given the Wulfs a nasty bite. The Fw190s also retain energy better. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The Bf109s, well, I don't know what to say there, they do everything very, very well in 4.01. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

carguy_
07-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
What do you mean by "weaked"?

From what you have posted, all I see is that you think that US planes climb too well, or that Axis planes don't climb well enough

English is my secondary language but from what I read this guy states that he thinks German planes have been weakened.Even though topic states 4.0 and not 4.01,it is not necessary to conclude about which he is talking about simply because there is no data,nothing that would even show German planes being "weaked".Just an impression of an average sim flyer.However I failed to read anything that Panzer stated allied planes being boosted in 4.0(4.01) and are too good whereas German planes are now too "weak".Read it again,it is not there.

Panzer,
as far as I`m unable to provide any data or tests I can tell you my impression.Whether you`re talking bout 4.0 or 4.01 it`s not important because of those are almost identical.My impression is that Me109 is now uberized with G2 and K4 being so uber that Spitfire cannot be laughed upon no more.
FW190 has gained better energy retention although it still sucks more than any 1943 allied plane IMO.MG151/20 IMO is not yet fixed because from my online experience with it,it still is weaker than Hispano(although tests performed by some players tell something else)
and over 150m is still a joke.Moreover silly situations happen when I hit death spots with no result.As far as the MG151/20 has become a better weapon for downing fighters it is ok I think.If you ask me it`s the best LW had so far and I don`t believe it can get any better.

Chuck_Older
07-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Carguy-

It's a comparison. If you say something is worse now than it used to be, there are two possibilities:

1) The thing which seems worse is indeed worse

2) the thing which seems worse is actually exactly the same; but by comparison other things are better.

In Panzer's post, he gives vague examples. I can't tell if he means that his plane seemed slow to climb, or his enemies seemed too quick to climb. As you say, English seems to not be the primary language here, and I am not given to assumptions, therefore I do not rule out the possibility that his plane is climbing worse OR that other planes are climbing better- or even if it's a situation in which he must be slower

It seems to me that you're telling me not to put words in Panzer's mouth. I'm doing nothing of the sort. For your information, I read posts I reply to quite thoroughly

horseback
07-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Judging from his registration date, he may be a little new to the game, and all these aircraft need to be learned before you can fly them to their potentials... while the AI seems to be a bit ahead of the human curve post patch...

Some of us are simply making the adjustment better than others.

cheers

horseback