PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed

kyrAXE
03-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Ok, so I bought Silent Hunter III Sunday last or 4 days ago. I have played it every day since and I have a few gripes. Now, where to begin:

Loading:

I sit down at the PC and click on the Icon€¦.Well, I have at least a 2 minute wait time JUST to get into the game! I have a Pentium 4, 2.5Ghz, with 1.5 Ghz RAM and an Invidia 6400 game card. That€s the first thing that REALLY bothers me!

Game Start: SO when I finally get all me settings down I go to begin the game. Well, It usually takes on average about 30 to 40 minutes just to get out to see. Since the time compression stays at 1 if you are close to land, Try beating my record of 25 minutes to sea from Lorient. NOT to mention you have to leave port from the bridge since the topography forgets to show you are in a port! If I wanted a €œSubmarine Driving Simulation€ I would have bought one!

Finally at sea: I like games that are challenging. My last mission had me goto Map GR89 on your little supplied map book. Total time to get out of port and first contact€¦.45 FREAKIN MINUTES REAL TIME!!!! I could have played 2 maps on Call of Duty!!!!

Attack: I finally find a ship to sink, get lined up, and fire 4 torpedoes ( One at a time ) first one€¦dud€¦second one€¦.dud€¦third one€¦dud€¦fourth one€¦dud !!! This all on a reality setting of only 19% !!!! Eventually I sink the ship but now I€m out of ammo€¦Oh well, another hour REAL TIME back to port!!!!

Leaving the game: But no, I don€t want to go back to port, I just want to quit€¦.Wait a sec, there isn€t just a quit button, I have to go through 3 or 4 screens to leave the freakin game!!!!

Summary:

I would like to thank you Ubisoft for the new colorful DVD coffee mug coaster I am going to have at work tomorrow. Since this is the only thing I can see that€s any good with this disk. Way I see it, you owe me $39.00 !!

Derek Kestner

wolfh2o
03-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Technically this is a submarine driving simulation, as well as a simulation of other submarine aspects. It's also for patient (or atleast enthusiastic, imaginative) people. Crying about entering/exiting port is like crying about takeoff/landing procedures in a flight sim. You should stick to FPS.

Mon Pavion
03-24-2005, 07:44 PM
What he^ said. You should stick to CoD. This game requires a certain amount of mental fortatude to play.

hauitsme
03-24-2005, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>wolfh2o:
You should stick to FPS. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh well. At least he admitted it. Someone else that has absolutely no idea of submarine ops.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/hauitsme/CapSmile.gif

ParaB
03-24-2005, 07:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kyrAXE:
...with 1.5 Ghz RAM and an Invidia 6400 game card.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simulations obviously isn't the only thing this guy has no clue about...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Mittelwaechter
03-24-2005, 08:00 PM
1: There should allways be a demo available.
The good stuff will make the money, the rest is not worth a dime.

2: Why do you buy a game unsure you'll like it?
Ask a friend or rent a copy at your video shop for testing.

Your better half would appreciate a dinner for the wasted money.

Nieldo
03-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Loading times: If your not able to wait for the game to load (usually 2mins or less) then this game is not ment for u at all.

Getting out to sea: 25mins... try 3 mins... try and beat that record. All you have to do is navigate to the open water (past the dock walls with the light houses on them) which can be done on x8-32 TC, then all you have to do is open the navigation map and plot in the course.

Its best to make sure your staying clear of land otherwise the water will be so shallow it will force you to stay at real time.

Finaly at sea: 20 minutes later? and no contact? Try this:

If you see the map update with a target close by, head for it, mark down on the map a corridor of intercept and do a zig zag patturn along it. If you not to slow about it you can usually get in front of it and also from the side of it (using a zig zag search patturn) giving you a clear 90 degree angle for the perfect torpedoe shot. If its a dud the first time dont bother firing more, they will just be duds also, most people think there duds when there just at a bad angle so the torp bounces off the hull. What you want to do if it is a dud is just surface and take it out with the deck gun, simple.

Attack: Pretty much covered above.

Leaving the game: How to quit, surface and ensure there are no ships nearby, press escape and click "save and exit". Then when the screen comes up it should say "exit to menu"... Click it.

You see the trick is to use x1024 Time compression (pressing the + key). Remember, you need to be in the navigation screen (the map) to be able to reach x1024 TC, with no ships nearby.

Enjoy your new mug coaster, have a nice day at work!

Mjollnir111675
03-24-2005, 08:04 PM
All I can say is offer it up to some of the ppl here or on EBAY who are w/o before you go bein' a friktard and use it as a coffee mug coaster. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
There are still ppl here who are wanting it more than oxygen itself.
Now what you do with it is yer business but I have always @least wanted to get a lil bit of money back.
Heck ya might even get someone who wants to make an even trade fer some lame brain graphic gratifying, action packed fps'er.
Its on you .
Coffee mug coaster? P'chairight!
But thanx fer expressin' yer distaste as it is as welcome as the joyful expressions that ALMOST all ppl have put forth here.
Oh and BTW: GOODBYE!!

MJOLLNIR

gmkump
03-24-2005, 08:11 PM
4 duds at 19% realism? Not duds. No, I don't think it was angle shots either. I'll vote for shooting below 300 meters and not allowing the torpedo to arm. A common mistake for someone new who likes to get in real close to see the white of the seaman's eyes. I don't blame em', how else you going to get in close enough to see the decapitation and spray of blood and other awesome effects? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Monkeywho
03-24-2005, 09:02 PM
45 Freakin Minutes??? LOL! Sorry, but when I first got the game I did my first patrol in real time. (AS Oh. look 2am I better sleep. . and I'd let the sub go while I slept). . It took me a couple days just reach my patrol area! I happen to like this sub-sim. . it's not an arcade though. . it's a SIMULATION. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I call it my underwater chess game. I like fast games myself. . ala Call of Duty. . Grand Theft Auto. . but sub-sims are not fast games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do kind've feel sorry if you were expecting. . I am not sure. . Subsim the ARCADE version.

FYI: Slower Games = Adventure Games (Hey I still play King's Quest where you have to type in the text!), Simulations, ala Flight Sims (Hardcore), and Subsims, also RPG (Role Playing Games). These are all slow games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Don't play them if you need faster games! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mlody111
03-24-2005, 09:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have a Pentium 4, 2.5Ghz, with 1.5 Ghz RAM and an Invidia 6400 game card <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> SO when I finally get all me settings down I go to begin the game <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This all on a reality setting of only 19% !!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shall I go on?

subnuts
03-24-2005, 09:29 PM
SO when I finally get all me settings down I go to begin the game

Aye.... he's a wee Scottish subsimmer!

jpinard
03-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow buddy, you need some ADD medication. Sheesh, what frickin loser. Go back to playing Mario Brothers on your Gamecube.

Too bad you can't see how amazing this game is compared to all toher titles released in like the last 20 years.

julien673
03-24-2005, 11:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wolfh2o:
You should stick to FPS. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same ideas when i read its lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Antrodemus
03-25-2005, 04:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Aye.... he's a wee Scottish subsimmer! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err... either you aren't Scots, and/or you've never heard a real Scotsman speak. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

>>>hint<<< Scots DO NOT say "...get all me settings down", unless they're being portrayed in some baaaaad Schmollywood movie. Here's a "wee" genuine example, from a Lanarkshire boy : "Ah hid aw mah settins doon, and stertit the gemm." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, he's waaaay off in his assassination of the game. Sounds like he didn't want to like it in the first place...

A.

Philipscdrw
03-25-2005, 04:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpinard:
Wow buddy, you need some ADD medication. Sheesh, what frickin loser. Go back to playing Mario Brothers on your Gamecube.

Too bad you can't see how amazing this game is compared to all toher titles released in like the last 20 years. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, people, don't make posts like this. It really lowers the tone of the forum.

Capt._Tenneal
03-25-2005, 08:39 AM
@ kyrAXE :

I'll trade you your Silent Hunter III coaster for my Brothers In Arms coaster ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

flankerbiotch
03-25-2005, 10:14 AM
How was BIA? Seems like a lot of disappointment going around on that one. I haven't played it, but it sounds too linear to be much fun. I HATE linear games!

SS.DJSatane
03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
There is an easy way to edit cfg file and allow to increase time compression while near land.

Further, I play fps games competitively such as CoD and I have to say Silent Hunter 3 is the best game I have played in past 5 years (last game I enjoyed this much was Starfleet Command based on SFB board game). SH3 is a masterpiece that will only grow and get better.

Tomcat41
03-25-2005, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kyrAXE:
Since the time compression stays at 1 if you are close to land
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

u can easily change this in the Main.cfg config file and raise the allowed time compression near land to whatever value you like (own risk of course).

as far as the duds, you were probably too close (torpedos need 300 meters to arm themselves) also when u want to go home but dont feel like driving back to port yourself u can hit escape, choose exit patrol and chose return to base.

Capt.LoneRanger
03-25-2005, 10:28 AM
LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Thanks for your first and only post, kyrAXE. It saved my day. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Comparing a Quake3-game with WW2-Weapons (which CoD basically is) to a SubSim says it all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

flankerbiotch
03-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Also... why not just turn "dud torpedoes" off in realism settings? If you don't like the realism of dud torpedoes, forget about it! The sim is easily adjusted to suit what you want out of it!

CCIP
03-25-2005, 10:40 AM
I spent two hours in real time leaving Wilhelmshaven yesterday. Loved every minute of it, and refused to press TC until I memorized the names of my officers (so I could pretend to address my Navigator as "Otto" rather than "Hey you there with the map"), drilled my crew on various stations, and saw the last buildings on land disappear completely from view.

I also spent 2 hours just hiding under a ship, deciding what to do next. Loved every minute of it.

This game is NOT instant gratification, and can sometimes be truly frustrating. And that's why I love every minute of it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Capt._Tenneal
03-25-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't know if it's a generational thing and some younger players need to re-read the history books or the concept of WW II technology. I know some of the teens are well-versed on their history and for that I say thank you.

In another SHIII board I go to, someone asked why the torpedoes don't home into the ship even though he has the target "locked-on" in the periscope. Sure enough, another one pointed out that these were not exactly Mark 48 ADCAPs were talking about here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jseyerle
03-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Go away and play COD. Dont post here anymore.

I wish they would have included a copy of DasBoot with the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif maybe it would set a tone for people before they install the sim.

How annoying. In the time it took him to type his post I could have gotten an easy 15000 tonnage.

GertFroebe
03-25-2005, 11:39 AM
First I was very happy about SH3. I really liked it and defended it against the opinions of disapointed people. But after one week I slowly get more an more frustrated.

Wherever I look I find insufficiencies in SH3. Either it's false or missed detail, bugs or inconsistencies. I've learned that if you do details, do it right or let it be! Not even the Stars of the game, the uboats, are correclty modelled or have erring details.

It's incredible what features the DEVteam promised month ago. So many of them did not find their way into the final version. Somehow I feel tricked. My tip to the Devteam is that they keep the info about planned features a secret, so the people will not be that much disappointed!

Strange, that it took so long to open my eyes... maybe the graphics nebulised my eyes.

hauitsme
03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Finally, someone else admits the truth!

I am not so alone now.

Now, where are the others? Step up and be counted.

SlickEnz
03-25-2005, 01:20 PM
This game is great...plain and simple. I've been playing it since day one and the game is true brilliance...

bweiss
03-25-2005, 01:30 PM
The game rocks, and is the best sub sim ever conceived. Flat out.

The Invidia 6400 the thread owner lists is not a top of the line vid card, it isn't the lowest but it isn't the top either. I keep seeing people in here complaining about the sim listing mediocre components. True they meet minimum specs and therefore should and do run the sim, but the fact is those are MINIMUM specs, not primo top of the line. Until someone lists the latest and greatest system then says it won't run, I'm sorry but try shelling out some cash for a good vid card first before assailing the integrity of the best sub sim dev team ever assembled. Now, for my part. I run this game just fine and dandy on a PIII 733 mhz, 2xAGP, Tyan Trinity 400 mobo, only 512 megs of RAM, an old Via 133 pro pipeline chip, and a Nvidia 5900 ultra and it runs great. So I have a very skeptical view of those who complain about the running of the sim. Runs fine on my very sub par minimum spec system.

Antrodemus
03-25-2005, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Finally, someone else admits the truth! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What "truth"? That the game has bugs? To my knowledge, no-one has claimed that it doesn't. Most of us are simply making the most of it, before it (hopefully) gets fixed. Feel free to concentrate on the negatives if you want... Me? I'm having a great time.

A.

hauitsme
03-25-2005, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Antrodemus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Finally, someone else admits the truth! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What "truth"? That the game has bugs? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
'Wherever I look I find insufficiencies in SH3. Either it's false or missed detail, bugs or inconsistencies.'
'It's incredible what features the DEVteam promised month ago. So many of them did not find their way into the final version.'

Antrodemus
03-25-2005, 02:21 PM
OK - bluff-calling time...

Name ONE sim, just one, that delivers every little detail flawlessly, even to your ridiculously high standards?

A.

Banquet
03-25-2005, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GertFroebe:
Not even the Stars of the game, the uboats, are correclty modelled or have erring details.

It's incredible what features the DEVteam promised month ago. So many of them did not find their way into the final version. Somehow I feel tricked.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So tell us what is incorrectly modelled? Tell us which details are erring? I'm not saying you're wrong.. just that for these things to be corrected they need to be discussed and then changed by the devs.

Look at IL2.. The discussions (that's the polite way of putting it) that went on over that filled the forums.. the accuracy of this flight model, etc. But the discussions helped get the details honed.

Another game I love is War in the Pacific.. the details of that game get discussed constantly and, as a result, there have been numerous patches addressing issue's where found to be lacking.

So - come on - prove you love the genre enough to share your thoughts!

No true fan of WWII sub ops could walk away from SHIII in times where we get one game every 5 years. If you're a fan and see things that need changing then discuss it.

kyrAXE, on the other hand, appears to have been misfortunate enough to have bought the wrong game after seeing the pwetty graphics on the back of the box..

rickwalt2
03-25-2005, 02:41 PM
An I'd like to know what was dropped, that was promised in Jan-Feb thats not in the game?

Rick

hauitsme
03-25-2005, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Antrodemus:
OK - bluff-calling time...

Name ONE sim, just one, that delivers every little detail flawlessly, even to your ridiculously high standards? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What bluff are you talking about?

We are NOT talking about any other thing than this bastard of a sim. Why do you want to bring another into it?

What are these 'ridiculously high standards' you are reffering to? I haven't stated any. So what are you ranting about?

hauitsme
03-25-2005, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>rickwalt2:
An I'd like to know what was dropped, that was promised in Jan-Feb thats not in the game? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where are you getting this 'Jan-Feb' from? Who said this and where was it?

Mjollnir111675
03-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah I too wanna hear all of these glaring omissions that are coming from an apparent U boot captain.
So exactly how old are you Hauitsme? I gather you were one of the lucky Uboot sailors that survived the war. If that is indeed the fact tell us then where every frikkin knob,dial and guage was in real life.Then tell us how far off the sounds and details actually are.

Hey I know: why dont you supply us with some of those shipyard blueprints/schematics you obviously have from yer time working at the shipyards that produced them.
Or do you have a time machine that allows you to travel back to see what a service boot actually had aboard it?
If so tell us all 'bout it.

Ridiculously high standards? Attack of the killer tomatoes clearly shows high film standards. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Despite all of that it is kinda hilarious to see a man put this sim down when he clearly likes Attack of the killer tomatoes so much he has to throw up that stupid @r5e movie every time he posts. But I see as well the director smily and if that denotes you as the director than all I can say is whatta waste of resources.
Attack of the killer tomatoes? GAG! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif
And he probably thinks that A.O.T.K.T. deserved a best picture award as well. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
So outline fer us yer service experience on an actual U-boot.
Enquiring minds hafta know!

Mjollnir

mlody111
03-25-2005, 02:58 PM
I will have to agree that there are bugs in the game. That doesnt mean the Dev Team can't correct them, all we have to do is be patient. If they are not eventually, then I will never buy a ubi game again because these features were promissed.

To be frank, I am not happy that the depths and gauges for the diffrent subs are not modeled correctly. Stuff on the boat should break when traveling, especially after depth charge sessions (not just when taking damage). The time compression has slight issues because you may end up 300m from a destroyer in open weather with a full watch crew. The xxi boat needs to be able to attack from 50m, which it could do. The multiplayer has some major issues (I think these will be gone in the 1.2 patch). Obviously the medals are a bit on the flaky side. Another thing I would like added is, when playing with map contacts on automatic, I wish the officer could make mistakes when spotting ships (neutral or enemy). Convoys not scattering when the escorts are destroyed. And the ships cracking in half 75% of the time when using the deck gun.

These are not huge issues that map enjoying the game impossible, but they do effect people's opinions. I personally am the most disappointed with the max depth issues. I havent played a sim where this was nicely modeled, when it could be so simply modeled. Here is what I posted for a solution in another post.

we can create a model where the computer generates the max depth from the given probabilites created by the normal distribution. This would happen each time you go on patrol so you never really know how far you can go. This way it would model pressure fluctuations and a realistic depth diving. A ballpark estimate would be you have a 70% chance of feeling the damage from pressure at a depth of 251m and a 30% chance of feeling it at a depth of 193m, etc... here is a small list

Many of these "bugs" are quite simple to fix and im sure all they need is time. The same goes for milk cows and other things.
I really hope they fix the depth thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.
I really do think this game is extremely well made! Good Job Dev Team and keep up the good work!

Mjollnir111675
03-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Mlody,

Yes but you have indeed shown an interest and given an idea as how to model what it is that bothers you as a consumer.
Hauitsme has not given any insight into what it is that disturbs him.
Furthermore he has also NOT put forth any ideas on how to rectify any PARTICULAR issue as you have done.
Lastly, he has repeatedly tried to gather up a bunch o' malcontents to help him in his lil revolution/crusade.
There is a difference.

Mjollnir

Banquet
03-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Well said Mjollnir http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

msxyz
03-25-2005, 04:05 PM
The only real disappointment of SH3 is that it suffers from the "one hero against the world" syndrome. During my first mission, (the first time I was playing this game) I scored 55000t just by patrolling randomly the north sea!

No wolfpacks, No precise historic reconstruction of the fleet movements. Raiding harbors and convoys it's a little too easy.

I think that Ubisoft wanted to make a simulation that appealed also to the casual gamer, hence an hybrid game. SH3 has good potential, but the campaign mode should have been geared more towards realism.

Other than that, it's a good game.

marauderiv
03-25-2005, 06:01 PM
I think the biggest restriction on SH3 is the war ends in 1945 and in German defeat no matter what. Wolfpack is a strategic move and if there's no way to alter the outcome of war, wolfpack tactic is meaningless.

Chuck_Older
03-25-2005, 06:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marauderiv:
I think the biggest restriction on SH3 is the war ends in 1945 and in German defeat no matter what. Wolfpack is a strategic move and if there's no way to alter the outcome of war, wolfpack tactic is meaningless. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you're talking les about a tactic like a Wolfpack attack and more about a strategy like sinking German resupply subs when you talk about winning the war.

Disruption of Allied supply was the strategy, the wolfpack was the tactic. The subs didn't exist for the wolfpack, the point was strangling England, by any means.

If regarding the Wolfpack winning the war, the key is Bletchley park and it's Bombes (not explosives, lol).

The solution of the naval Enigma doomed the Wolfpack as much as better radar and convoy tactics. Why?

Because without effective re-supply, the Wolfpack was compromised at it's supply base. And also, since the Enigma was transmitted by radio, the first sub to spot the convoy and shadow it would alert the enemy because of it's transmissions. The Wolfpack was hard to control anyway without these troubles. I beleive only two convoys really got clobbered from the Wolfpack (other members may correct that!)

But these are are reasons Doenitz pulled the boats home. OK, air cover, too

frog7
03-25-2005, 06:36 PM
ok ill say right now this game is great iv been playing it for about 3-4 hours a day since iv had it....its got a few bugs but thats nothing to the great fun of playing...its great

GertFroebe
03-26-2005, 03:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So tell us what is incorrectly modelled? Tell us which details are erring? I'm not saying you're wrong.. just that for these things to be corrected they need to be discussed and then changed by the devs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh please... this sounds very naive. The Devteam ignored alot of ideas and suggestions before in the forum and in the chat - only answered the questions that did corner them. No word on features they canceled, but still promoting the game with the chatlogs, containing big promises.

Also..the game is already out. They will fix a few bugs add a few more buggy features ...

TASKFORCE1x1
03-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Ok, ......................
Summary:

I would like to thank you Ubisoft for the new colorful DVD coffee mug coaster I am going to have at work tomorrow. Since this is the only thing I can see that€s any good with this disk. Way I see it, you owe me $39.00 !!

Derek Kestner <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cant please everyone. Im happy though with SHII and others as well. Everyone has right to an opinion. But first lets pause a second for some positive feedback at this other thread...
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=8181007103

SchroeterU-123
04-01-2005, 03:33 AM
Hi KyrAXE if u what a sim that get u straight in to action u should not bought SILENT HUNTER 3 but instead bought ENIGMA rising tide its alot easy no dud torp etc. u are right on the action http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifi have that game but for me its too **** easy i prefere silent hunter 3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif a lot more real game it have its ups and downs like all games have http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Achtung_Englder
04-01-2005, 04:30 AM
did not wolf pack attacks take place during minimal radio contact (coordinates only etc) so consequently the attacks did not hit convoys all at the same time but in waves - you could show that in the game but then people will complain - "I shadowed a convoy only for friendly AI to sink them all down !!"

If you want co-ordinated wolf pack attacks - go to MP (when its patched !!) with a friend and use Skype or Teamspeak - there u go - multiple U-Boat attacks on a single convoy. UBI have even given you a MP convoy mission for crying out loud