PDA

View Full Version : silent assassination animation should be changed

Eddo36
02-14-2011, 12:46 AM
You know how Enzo/Altair stabs someone in the back or front with the hidden blade and that person dies without a sound and not alerting anyone? It is totally unrealistic. I don't even know the exact spot he stabs them, but doesn't seem to hit anything that causes an instant death.

I suggest a change in the assassination animation. For him to make a silent kill, Enzo has to put the blade at the indent at the base of the target's skull (as in human anatomy the bone is thin there) and slam upward at a 45-degree angle. He'll scramble his target's medulla oblongata and the motor senses are cut off immediately. That's a more realistic silent kill.

But it's more of a realism thing, so I understand it isn't a big deal to everyone. Still would add a sense of immersiveness if changed, however. I'm fine either way as long as silent kill animation isn't changed to slitting throat, since slitting someone's throat isn't a silent kill. If throat slit, target will gurgle a lot and thrash around until his brain runs out of oxygen. Like when Enzo grabs someone from behind and the kill option with a sword is to slice his throat, the enemy NPC shoudln't simply just die instantly, but gurgle and thrash for a bit.

Just cosmetics suggestion.

Xanatos2007
02-14-2011, 01:39 AM
They seem to target the kidney for silent assassinations, which is unrealistic as well since it takes about 30 seconds to die from a kidney strike and is excruciatingly painful (and unpreventable). I think a heart strike would be more realistic since it causes an instant death and the hidden blade seems long enough to penetrate the heart from behind.
But whatever, I can dig it. Maybe people's kidneys weren't as healthy back then as they are now.

I think they should just change the animation of low-profile kills to make them a little 'lower'. The frontal stab is alright because it looks like Altair/Ezio just bumped into their victim, but from behind it is a very noticeable grab that wouldn't go unnoticed easily.

Ass4ssin8me
02-14-2011, 02:48 AM
I would like them to change it, but it wouldn't bother me at all if they didn't.

Its spelt Ezio by the way. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

aguia_br
02-14-2011, 02:54 AM
It's not the kidney or the heart. The blade goes through the spinal cord and upwards. And by the way, hell yeah that can cause instant death...

Ru1986
02-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Not something that concerns me in the slightest if iam honest. Realism is important but this is taking it a bit far IMO.

Xanatos2007
02-14-2011, 04:50 AM
Nein! Ve need absolute realism to teach people proper assassination techniques so ve can turn the children of today into the soldiers of tomorrow. Seig heil!
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Yes that was a joke, for you thickies out there.</pre>

Ru1986
02-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Hahaha Xanatos that has made my day just the sort of chuckle i needed on Valentines day. Well im sure the meal with the Girlfriend will bring some chuckles tonight. But you guys dont wanna know about that.

LaCava1
02-14-2011, 05:40 AM
I'm pretty sure that's why Ezio (NOT spelled/pronounced Enzo) and Altair cover the target's mouth. And I think they hit the spinal cord, which can easily kill.

obliviondoll
02-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Nein! Ve need absolute realism to teach people proper assassination techniques so ve can turn the children of today into the soldiers of tomorrow. Seig heil!
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Yes that was a joke, for you thickies out there.</pre>
^^This.

*raises right hand in salute*

More seriously, though.

You try getting people's attention when your spinal column is severed and your voice box had been split in half, then tell me you wouldn't die from blood loss if you're lucky (but more likely drown in your own blood)

beacuase...
02-14-2011, 07:23 AM
I think it would have been hilarious if there was a cutscene in the second Assassins Creed where, in Ezio's first silent kill, he screwed up and stabbed them in the kidney. And the guard was rolling around in complete torture, screaming as loud as he could Will Ferrel (OH THE HUMANITY, MY KIDNEY HAS BEEN SPLIT IN TWO, WHAT MORE COULD POSSIBLE GO WRONG TODAY, THE UNFAIRNESS OF IT ALL IS POSITIVELY MIND BOGGLING) style.

Kind of like in the first game, where sometimes you would kill someone and the guy would scream for ages. I think that audio sample was cut a little late.

Ru1986
02-14-2011, 08:57 AM
I think its fine.

SAVMATIC
02-14-2011, 10:32 AM
yep thats definitely taking it to far and pretty morbid, thanks...

Black_Widow9
02-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Please post your Feedback here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>