PDA

View Full Version : Missions in folder but not showing up inside sim

Bearcat99
02-09-2008, 03:39 PM
A squaddie of mine has installed the sim, gotten some missions.... installed them correctly, but when he goes to launch them thet dont show up. When you go to the folder through WinX they are there.... He is running Vista BTW....anybody?

VW-IceFire
02-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I'd say check those folders again and be absolutely sure that the missions and their associated files are setup where they should be. The game just reads the files from the folders and its fantastically simple in this regard so its hard for it to go wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Its not installed to C:\Program Files is it? This is a bad thing on Win Vista.

Bearcat99
02-09-2008, 06:23 PM
No it is not... and when I go into the folder I see the mission.. but I cannot even see the folders I created for the missions... I have folders in my missions folder for different missions.... and I see these folders in Windows Explorer... but when I go into the sim I don't even see those folders..

Bearcat99
02-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I found out what the problem was... The sim is structured this way.. When you go to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Net\coop there is only one more level of folders that you can use... so say you have a folder... Joe's Missions and in that you have Joes ETO & Joes PTO.. the PTO & ETO folders will not show up in the coop mission creation screen... you will see Joe's Missions, but not the PTO & ETO folders in that folder.. to get to those missions you will have to take all of Joes missions into one folder or make more than one Joe folder... DUUUHHHH.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

CzechTexan
02-10-2008, 03:45 AM
Don't feel bad Bearcat. It's easy to make mistakes like that. Computers are so particular!
I recently put a campaign on M4T but the folder name had spaces between the words--the computer would not read it like that. I had to edit the folder name so that there were no spaces in order for this campaign to be seen.

Zeus-cat
02-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Been there, done that Bearcat. I've spent hours looking for "errors" like this.