PDA

View Full Version : talking to dying targets

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 04:44 PM
im a little confused. When in ac2 u assassinate marco babardigo i belive thats how you spell it. u r supposed to shoot him with the gun but when ezio shoots him he talks to him and holds him. did somthing go wrong and what really happened in his memories is that he had to high profile assassinate him. or in the dc when ezio stabs savanarola in the face and he was some how in his arms. was that the default of the animus?

albertwesker22
06-05-2010, 04:56 PM
UbiSoft is lazy.

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
UbiSoft is lazy.

well thats one possibility

phil.llllll
06-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm guessing they really just wanted to have us shoot him but couldn't figure out a way to make it work. Still they could have made it so Ezio stands on the ship when it switches back (as in he ran up to talk to him). Or maybe he ran up there and then ran back!

It's not that bad though considering the whole 'having a conversation with a dying man while surrounded by guards' situation in AC 1 - which never bothered me because I enjoyed the enchanges enough for me to suspend my disbelief.

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
I'm guessing they really just wanted to have us shoot him but couldn't figure out a way to make it work. Still they could have made it so Ezio stands on the ship when it switches back (as in he ran up to talk to him).

What about savanarola animus default?

phil.llllll
06-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:

Not sure what you mean but yes that's pretty much what he does with Savanarola.

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

Not sure what you mean but yes that's pretty much what he does with Savanarola. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i mean does the animus just automatically put savanarolla in ur arms like the other targets

albertwesker22
06-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

Not sure what you mean but yes that's pretty much what he does with Savanarola. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i mean does the animus just automatically put savanarolla in ur arms like the other targets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. You jump up on to the execution platform and plunge your blade straight into his mouth. Even though he is stood up and tied, he will appear in your arms like Marco.

masterfenix2009
06-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

i mean does the animus just automatically put savanarolla in ur arms like the other targets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. You jump up on to the execution platform and plunge your blade straight into his mouth. Even though he is stood up and tied, he will appear in your arms like Marco. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if the animus skipped a part were ezio got detected and had to jump to marco

wanderer77
06-07-2010, 10:38 AM
you can toss your targets off a skyscraper and watch them fall to the ground, they still appear in your arms. i actually tested this.

El_Sjietah
06-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Where did you find a skyscraper in renaissance Italy?

wanderer77
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Tuscany. most of them you have to circle around to get to the top.

Geinref
06-07-2010, 07:10 PM
LMAO i love this topic!

THough i always wonder the same thing to about how after shooting marco with the gun, how was it possible for ezio to go up and hold him.

AmazonAlani
06-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I never actually used the gun, though did use throwing knives quite a bit. Same kinda thing really. Running after target, knife him from a distance, and suddenly he's right there.

- -

Ru1986
06-08-2010, 02:30 AM
you can toss your targets off a skyscraper and watch them fall to the ground, they still appear in your arms. i actually tested this.

MMMMM Skyscrapes were invented aroun the 1940's to 50's so what game is it your playing mate?

Xanatos2007
06-08-2010, 02:36 AM
He meant the towers in San Gimignano, you pillock. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Vey03
06-08-2010, 03:46 AM
It's not that big a deal for me. It's a default screen for you to talk to them and get some info. Yeah, it's a bit strange sometimes, but so be it. I think it's nicely done, and i really like what both Altair and Ezio say to their victims. I like the respect they show.

I also think that given your many options on how to get to, and kill your victims, it would be impossible to program every scenario of where you end up and how. If this was to happen, Ubi would have to only provide 1 solution per assassination, so they could program that scene in that specific area. Then people would complain saying how linear it was http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

But if you need an explanation, how about that Desmond isn't seeing exactly 100% how Ezio did it, only that he did. But he sees the conversations as these are important.

Ru1986
06-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Ah yes the skyscapers of San Gimignano i know them well the Torre Grossa has a particular Canary Warf look to it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

GariStz
06-08-2010, 06:18 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

You guys just don't understand how the Animus works, did you?

Xanatos2007
06-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by GariStz:
It's based on this system. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3RqDp7i308)

wanderer77
06-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you can toss your targets off a skyscraper and watch them fall to the ground, they still appear in your arms. i actually tested this.

MMMMM Skyscrapes were invented aroun the 1940's to 50's so what game is it your playing mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do feel free to update your definition of skyscraper. be sure to read about skyscrapers before 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyscraper

lilbacchant
06-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GariStz:
It's based on this system. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3RqDp7i308) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

masterfenix2009
06-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
It's not that big a deal for me. It's a default screen for you to talk to them and get some info. Yeah, it's a bit strange sometimes, but so be it. I think it's nicely done, and i really like what both Altair and Ezio say to their victims. I like the respect they show.

I also think that given your many options on how to get to, and kill your victims, it would be impossible to program every scenario of where you end up and how. If this was to happen, Ubi would have to only provide 1 solution per assassination, so they could program that scene in that specific area. Then people would complain saying how linear it was http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

But if you need an explanation, how about that Desmond isn't seeing exactly 100% how Ezio did it, only that he did. But he sees the conversations as these are important.

thts what i think. ezio was gonna shoot marco but i guess a better opprutunity happened and he went in for a close kill

masterfenix2009
06-08-2010, 01:38 PM
i dont know if this always happens but some peoples replies here gets on my email and it says its spam.

masterfenix2009
06-08-2010, 01:39 PM
monkey butt

GariStz
06-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GariStz:
It's based on this system. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3RqDp7i308) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again with this? Wasn't funny the last time, so....

samward
06-10-2010, 04:57 AM
I always thought that since it is Desmond re-experincing the memories of his ancestors that when he kills a target his experience gets merged with the targets memories and that is why you always have the animus(sp?) background when he is talking to them.

So in other words, When Ezio was really killing targets none of that stop and talk to your target thing happened...maybe he got the info when fighting or in some other obscure way, regardless it was vital information that Desmond did not gain when reliving the memories so the animus just catches him up.

I am probably way off base and just have a way too complicated imagination, but that is just what I always figured.

EzioAssassin51
06-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by samward:
I always thought that since it is Desmond re-experincing the memories of his ancestors that when he kills a target his experience gets merged with the targets memories and that is why you always have the animus(sp?) background when he is talking to them.

So in other words, When Ezio was really killing targets none of that stop and talk to your target thing happened...maybe he got the info when fighting or in some other obscure way, regardless it was vital information that Desmond did not gain when reliving the memories so the animus just catches him up.

I am probably way off base and just have a way too complicated imagination, but that is just what I always figured.

Actually, i think you're pretty much right!

In the book, Ezio talks to his victims as he runs up to them, fights them or as they die in his hands (if there are no other gaurds around), but he has usually killed the gaurds before killing the victim!

I guess it just does the Animus thing in the game to seem cooler and more peaceful for the player. Plus, the slow-motion thing in AC2 rocks!