PDA

View Full Version : Elevator and Aeliron Sensitivity in PF

Gunner_361st
11-02-2004, 09:12 AM
I recently purchased and installed Pacific Fighters as an add-on to FB/AEP. When I began playing the game, I noticed something immediately; elevator and aeliron authority were much more sensitive in regards to all planes in Pacific Fighters 3.00 over FB/AEP 2.04.

For example; The equipment I use to play the game is an X-45 and USB Pro Pedals. The rudder behavior seems the same, which is fine, but the 'loose' area in the center of my X-45 (Somewhat worn, tends to be a bit loose in the center) is much more sensitive than it was before. An example would be how it slightly offsets to the right if you let it; in AEP it caused a very slow roll to the right, even with fast-rolling planes like the FW-190. Now, that offset causes a much faster rate of roll, and makes stable flying difficult.

I did have customized force sensitivities for aeliron and elevator input in the game (2.04) itself, but, seeing the examples given to us in the Pacific Fighters manual, used those values instead (with 3.0). It seemed to help the problem somewhat, but it still exists to a considerable degree.

I have no reason to believe that any physical breaking/adjustment of my stick had taken place over such a short period of time, so this is why I think it is a game issue. Can anyone recommend to me a way to eliminate the overly sensitive center region of my joystick that is present in PF but not in FB/AEP?

Any information or help would be very appreciated.

Gunner_361st
11-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Bump.

RocketDog
11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
You can edit the axis sensitivities in the conf.ini file. I use values near the ones in the PF handbook and it eliminates the over-sensitivity of the stick near the centre position.

Regards,

RocketDog.

jimmie_T
11-02-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm not quite sure but this may be illustrated by tsisqua's post:

These flight models are now tweaked better FOR LANDING than anything that has ever been on the market, IMHO. I believe that some high-speed physics has suffered a bit as a result of this tweaking , that certainly must have been done to the flight models for us to have such a great carrier landing experience. Still, the FM's at higher speed are plenty good.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=5661031732

BM357_Raven
11-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Really? I found just the opposite. Like when I took some of my squad mates on a 45 minute journey in New Guinea, I found that I was able to trim better than ever, and that the roll rate seemed to be about the same as the P51 in straight and level.

I rarely mess with any other trim setting than elevator (just too lazy), and usually for long trips I just fly with my feet, ie., if the plane starts to roll, you give it rudder to level out again. Little insiders' flight experience for those who didn't know.

One thing I did notice in AEP, is that periodically, the plane would fly differently. It seemed like sometimes when I'd fly the 190 and then go back to the 51, the stick would feel strange. I dunno if it was just coincidence, but I'd end up feeling like my plane was very hard to trim straight and level. It would always have a tendency to pitch up though a range of different speeds and I would struggle so much to trim out that eventually, I'd run out of time and have to engage, and therefore fight with a constant amount of forward stick.

Maybe it's the stick (MSFFB2) letting me know my days with it are numbered... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Hope not.

Fliger747
11-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Stalls/spins engaged seemed to cause a difference in aileron sensitivity on both my 'mainframe' and 'kneetop'. There may be a difference in computers and control units as the game 'flys' a lot differently on the laptop and mainframe.

My guess is that this one will take a little tweaking.

marmossel
11-03-2004, 02:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RocketDog:
You can edit the axis sensitivities in the conf.ini file. I use values near the ones in the PF handbook and it eliminates the over-sensitivity of the stick near the centre position.

Regards,

RocketDog. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are those settings?

Tully__
11-03-2004, 03:26 AM
Gunner, try a touch of dead band.

buerebistas, click the "Joysticks & FB" link under my signature picture and read the section on Sensitivity.