PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Pro Flight Ruder Pedals - some expierence or hints ?

Lehnert
09-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Hello pilots,

I am a FFB-pilot from GErmany and I searching for pedals. Now I see a picture from this Saitek pedals for simmers.

Has anyone some expierence oder hints about this pedals ?
Are them good and not to expensive ?

Whats about the feeling in flight and accurate to all sides an the handling ??

Thank you for response very much.

Greetings
Gerhard (offline-pilot-Grandfahter)

Lehnert
09-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Hello pilots,

I am a FFB-pilot from GErmany and I searching for pedals. Now I see a picture from this Saitek pedals for simmers.

Has anyone some expierence oder hints about this pedals ?
Are them good and not to expensive ?

Whats about the feeling in flight and accurate to all sides an the handling ??

Thank you for response very much.

Greetings
Gerhard (offline-pilot-Grandfahter)

Lehnert
09-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Hmmmmm --

nobody with expierence or some knowhow about this pedals out in in the sky ??

Are the SAitek pedals not at the market - only
offers and no shipment ?

Greetings
Gerhard

CRO_Adriatic
09-11-2006, 04:12 PM
http://saitek.ru/other/ProFlightRudderPedals/

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/309...401024544#8401024544 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/3091067444?r=8401024544#8401024544)

There wos another topic before 2-3 weeks, I cant find it now...

HARRIER_401
09-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Do yourself a favor and buy CH pro pedals.

GAU-8
09-12-2006, 01:56 AM
i did.

and i can say they arent worth the money I paid for them. not speaking for anyone else.just me, and my money. others im sure will have better results. (they ARE a top seller...and they are normally good)

they dont fit my feet. arent adjustable. the toe brakes dont work until i nearly reach the other end of axis movement. (yes this is after recalibrating) and the yaw movement spikes horribly.

maybe its just my set. SAITEK HAS improved greatly with thier joysticks. the X45really sucked. but the X52 has lasted me the same amount of time without ANY PROBLEMS...as my previous 3 X45's alltogether.so i willing to bet the rudder pedals will be close to the same quality of the x52s. but as with any first run there might be a few snags or two.

i will say is, CH is usually VERY, good. but not to choose one or the other for you, the best thing to do is TRY OUT all/both/any rudder pedals you can find at the store first. pick what feels best to you. leave money out of the equation. CH is VERY SOLID (and simple), but saitek offers many options that some could use.

Beuf_Ninja
09-12-2006, 02:21 AM
GAU-8
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the toe brakes dont work until i nearly reach the other end of axis movement. (yes this is after recalibrating) and the yaw movement spikes horribly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My CH pedals arent great either, they're not as bad as yours though. Sounds like your toe brake is suffering from the famous toe brake fault( wire breaks due to flex) the spiking is something I get, I think its from debris in the pot a quick upside down shake usually sorts it.
Listen, if your prdals are less than 3 years old get onto the CH Hanger forum and kick up a stink, they are duty bound to take a look at them although the turnaround might be 3 months but it is worth it! Also CH Control manager 4.0 is out try that aswell.

GAU-8
09-12-2006, 03:30 AM
thx for teh info!

will do.

triggerhappyfin
09-12-2006, 02:57 PM
I'll stick to my 15 year old TM Elite pedals then.....Might rebuild them for toebrakes.....

accpps
09-12-2006, 06:13 PM
If you have any balls inbetween your legs the saitek pedals are the way to go comfort wise.

Ernst_Rohr
09-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I have had a set since the came out, and I have been very happy with them.

Controls are well done and smooth, tension contols are also well done and have a pretty good range of motions.

The wide spacing, adjustable footpegs, and toe brakes sold me!

In short, the Saitek's are a very good purchase, one you wont regret, and they are much cheaper than the CH pedals to boot.

horseback
09-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Cheaper? In Europe, that may be the case, but here in the US, the Saitek pedals, when they can be found (the Fry's Electronics in Oxnard is the only place I've seen 'em), the cost is half again what the same retailer is charging for CH Pro Pedals.

If you're crushing your nuts while using your CH pedals, the fault is NOT in the pedals, it's either in your flabby thighs or your poor choice in pants (or lack thereof). I don't hear anyone criticizing cars for how closely spaced the brake and accelerator usually are, and CH pedals are spaced wider than that...

cheers

horseback

accpps
09-12-2006, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horseback:

If you're crushing your nuts while using your CH pedals, the fault is NOT in the pedals, it's either in your flabby thighs or your poor choice in pants (or lack thereof). I don't hear anyone criticizing cars for how closely spaced the brake and accelerator usually are, and CH pedals are spaced wider than that...

cheers

horseback </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You use the same foot for gas and brake in a car. At least you are supposed to. Left foot is for the clutch pedal only.

horseback
09-12-2006, 10:47 PM
and how far apart are the clutch and brake on YOUR vehicle?

My point remains.

cheers

horseback

accpps
09-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Sorry but your point is terrible. The saitek are much more comforatable period end of story.

JG54_Lukas
09-12-2006, 11:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GAU-8:
arent adjustable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, they are.

Flying_Nutcase
09-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Check out your home-grown Simped pedals by Hoffman Engineering in Germany. I've use them for a couple of years and they've been great. Nice and wide too.

Here's what another guy, Persecutor, had to say about them here a couple of months ago on these forums:

-----
Here's a tip -- while the CH Pro pedals are very good, they can't hold a candle to the pedals from Hoffman Engineering (SimPed). They are pricey, but so are the CH Pro pedals, and Simpeds outclass the CH Pros so far it isn't measurable. The SimPeds used to be available only and directly from Hoffman, but apparently he is distributing them to other marketers now. A quick Google search turned up several sources. The price seems to have dropped a bit, too. They have Hall Sensors in them rather than the cheap ubiquitous plastic pots, too (adds to the cost, but well worth it, Hall Sensors don't wear out).
-----

S!

PS I just measured the spread. It's 36cm from the middle of one pedal to the middle of the other.

GAU-8
09-13-2006, 01:32 AM
yo LUKAS,

i wont argue with you. show me. if your talking about a home made conversion i wont accept that. i mean a straight "out of box" purposeful CH adjustability.

just now giving it another look for a few minutes, i still dont see any adjustment areas for it. nor does it say anything about it in the docs that came with it.i just went to thier website..LOL..and teh only page that isnt showing up for me ..tahdah..is the rudder pedal section. ironic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

im NOT saying your wrong understand. ive just never heard about it for the few years ive owned these. sometimes the simple sh#@ gets over looked easily when your looking for the answer.

BAG.LordDante
09-13-2006, 04:34 AM
Do the right thing.... buy Simpeds!!!

hshmulik
09-13-2006, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BAG.LordDante:
Do the right thing.... buy Simpeds!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Definitely !!!
Had them for several years now (the "old" gameport type). Couldn't be happier - comfortable, accurate and sturdy. 0 problems in setup, 0 problems in getting them to work/calibrate in any sim I've had.

Dreaming of getting the newer tow breaks USB model now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

Worf101
09-13-2006, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flying_Nutcase:
Check out your home-grown Simped pedals by Hoffman Engineering in Germany. I've use them for a couple of years and they've been great. Nice and wide too.

Here's what another guy, Persecutor, had to say about them here a couple of months ago on these forums:

-----
Here's a tip -- while the CH Pro pedals are very good, they can't hold a candle to the pedals from Hoffman Engineering (SimPed). They are pricey, but so are the CH Pro pedals, and Simpeds outclass the CH Pros so far it isn't measurable. The SimPeds used to be available only and directly from Hoffman, but apparently he is distributing them to other marketers now. A quick Google search turned up several sources. The price seems to have dropped a bit, too. They have Hall Sensors in them rather than the cheap ubiquitous plastic pots, too (adds to the cost, but well worth it, Hall Sensors don't wear out).
-----

S!

PS I just measured the spread. It's 36cm from the middle of one pedal to the middle of the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
+1 I upgraded from CH Pro's to Simpeds. It's like comparing Jaguar's to Volkswagens (no insult to either car). Simpeds are pricey, take a long time to come, but when they get there it's like Christmas morning. I'm not a great pilot but it's the next best thing after TrackIR 4 if you ask me.

Da Worfster

leitmotiv
09-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Worf101---make my day---where did you order your Simpeds? I'm in the USA. Thanks!

Worf101
09-13-2006, 10:37 AM
There's a couple of sites you can order from. One is in England, it's called RC Simulations. You can reach them here.

http://rcsimulations.com/

They buy their Simpeds from Deiter who makes them as fast as he can. I got mine direct from the horses mouth. You have to use a Credit Card but neither charges until your pedals ship.

http://shop3.webmailer.de/cgi-bin/ePages.filereader?450...8+EN/catalogs/373012 (http://shop3.webmailer.de/cgi-bin/ePages.filereader?4508336e00453a3f2717ac172c2705b8 +EN/catalogs/373012)

Click on products, select the one you want best. I went with the F-16C's cause I use a Uber Cougar and these pedals connect directly to my Cougar HOTAS via a gameport on it. You can get them USB if you want to use them with other sticks.

Da Worfster

leitmotiv
09-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Many, many thanks Worfster!

GAU-8
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
ok after a while of searching, i still cant find anything that SAYS, or SHOWS that the CH pro pedals are adjustable. OUT OF BOX. (and really scrutinizing the product at hand)

LUKAS, please show n tell.