PDA

View Full Version : Built-in ASUS sound Bugs with patch 1.11

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Hi guys

Most of you deal with sound card problem but i don't have one since my A7V8X Asus Mobo got built-in sound.

After installing the patch the engine's sound of other planes in external view has become a high Pitch/frecuency sound instead of a powerfull low frecuency sound.

This happens not only when a plane is alone but worsens when in formation, they just sound like small gasoline engine scale models /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I got sound setup on Windows 98 no hardware accel, 16 channels, default speakers and 44100 sound quality.

I tried nearly all possible setting's combination with no succes.

Any advice ?

PS: Buying a sound card is out of question /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Good flight to you !

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Hi guys

Most of you deal with sound card problem but i don't have one since my A7V8X Asus Mobo got built-in sound.

After installing the patch the engine's sound of other planes in external view has become a high Pitch/frecuency sound instead of a powerfull low frecuency sound.

This happens not only when a plane is alone but worsens when in formation, they just sound like small gasoline engine scale models /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I got sound setup on Windows 98 no hardware accel, 16 channels, default speakers and 44100 sound quality.

I tried nearly all possible setting's combination with no succes.

Any advice ?

PS: Buying a sound card is out of question /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Good flight to you !

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 12:05 PM
I think it´s supposed to sound like this - the ext. sound is very loud & even louder with formations. The high-pitch engine noise is I think intended - if you download & give a listen to some recordings of 109s for example - they have this rather unpleasant screaming sound (like tiefighters!) & I don´t think this is a bug like missing sounds & fading engines. FB sounds a lot different than IL2 did - like it or not - I think it´s intended.

S!

M0NS

"Blow up the outside world"

http://www.flugwerk.de/images/01k.jpg
My garage!