PDA

View Full Version : Need Help IL-2 wont

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:01 AM
Hi all, I frequent this forum a couple times a week and play IL-2 often enough.

I recently uninstalled a Sound Blaster card (w\ the serial joystick port in back of it) in favor of going w\ onboard sound and a USB Microsoft Sidewinder precision pro. The problem is that now that I have everything going (sound, and a functioning USB stick) IL-2 will not let me use it during the game where as it did fine before.

Using the IL-2 Setup Configuration Utility I check the "use joystick" option and check the properties tab to make sure the stick is recognized. It is. I start the game and cannot fly any a\c using the stick. Likewise in the game itself it does not recognize any input from the joystick, what gives?

BTW all my other games work fine after switching to the USB stick, IL-2 doesnt seem to like something I've done however. Could it be something in the conf.ini file?

My specs (please hold your applause until the endhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PIII 600

Geforce 2 MX400

256mb ram

full install of Il-2 Sturmovik (please note this prob is w\ the original IL-2 NOT Forgotton Battles)

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro (serial joystick w\ an optional USB connector)

Crystal MMX onboard sound

Ok to run through it again I had a old SB 16 card w\ the serial joystick port on the back. I found out that if you have this installed windows will not let you use a USB stick. So I uninstalled the SB card and went w\ the mobo sound chip. Now that Ive installed the Microsoft stick using the provided USB connector IL-2 Sturmovk will not "see" the joystick like it did before. Your help is greatly appreciated.

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:01 AM
Hi all, I frequent this forum a couple times a week and play IL-2 often enough.

I recently uninstalled a Sound Blaster card (w\ the serial joystick port in back of it) in favor of going w\ onboard sound and a USB Microsoft Sidewinder precision pro. The problem is that now that I have everything going (sound, and a functioning USB stick) IL-2 will not let me use it during the game where as it did fine before.

Using the IL-2 Setup Configuration Utility I check the "use joystick" option and check the properties tab to make sure the stick is recognized. It is. I start the game and cannot fly any a\c using the stick. Likewise in the game itself it does not recognize any input from the joystick, what gives?

BTW all my other games work fine after switching to the USB stick, IL-2 doesnt seem to like something I've done however. Could it be something in the conf.ini file?

My specs (please hold your applause until the endhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PIII 600

Geforce 2 MX400

256mb ram

full install of Il-2 Sturmovik (please note this prob is w\ the original IL-2 NOT Forgotton Battles)

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro (serial joystick w\ an optional USB connector)

Crystal MMX onboard sound

Ok to run through it again I had a old SB 16 card w\ the serial joystick port on the back. I found out that if you have this installed windows will not let you use a USB stick. So I uninstalled the SB card and went w\ the mobo sound chip. Now that Ive installed the Microsoft stick using the provided USB connector IL-2 Sturmovk will not "see" the joystick like it did before. Your help is greatly appreciated.

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:14 AM
You May want to post here: http://forums.ubi.com/messages/overview.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts

Is the tech support forum.GL/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fly at HL as
<font color=#"000000"><FONT SIZE="+1"><marquee>>>>>>>>>>Aceman<<<<<<<<<<</marquee></font>
</font>
http://defence-data.com/storypic/spitfire.jpg

"Take off,is only the beginnigg
Bail out, is YOUR end."

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:14 AM
there is also a joystick utility in the program of IL2, does your stick get recognized there? It's under hardware, input. Also, have you chandged your sound options in IL2? hope this helps.

One more thing, which OS do you run? Make sure the drivers and programs from your old card are completely gone and your OS no longer recognizes the old card.

Good hunting,
Cajun76

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle